I-pod lead,which one?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
noj66

I-pod lead,which one?

Post by noj66 »

I got my Scirocco at the beginning of October.When collecting the car i asked if the 'two' leads where in the car,having read here and elsewhere that both a USB lead and i-pod lead should have been delivered with the car.Anyway,no i-pod lead so the salesman said he'd look into it.Firstly i was told i'd have to buy one,then with a little pushing they have now said they will supply one but first i have to tell them which i-pod i have.As i dont have one yet i'm wondering which model to ask for? In truth it will probably never get used it is just the fact that i never got it in the first place! :mad:
Any suggestions?If i said the latest Nano would that be a good option?
rehmondo
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Re: I-pod lead,which one?

Post by rehmondo »

They do not need to know which iPod you have, the cable fits all generations of iPod, although my 3rd Gen 2004 edition didn't work with it.

I bought the new 16GB nano and it works really well.
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

There is only one iPod lead.
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

Tell the salesman to read the bulletin on the 'desktop communication suite' that he received Aug 14th (ref. no. 0510-08) about this and get your cable!!

They're not doing you any favours, for each car the dealership has ordered VW will send a cable to the parts department of that dealership!! It is also listed in the brochure in black white as part of the standard trim package!

There is only one Ipod cable :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

there is one cable but strangley there are two part number circulating within the parts department when they ordered mine to put in the car they noted one retails at £20 and one £34, they were keen for the £20 one to work, which it does as for later build week cars like the rocco
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2