first Viper R?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
dutch_boy
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Dyn Audio

first Viper R?

Post by dutch_boy »

Hi everyone,
Sorry to add to the agony for all those of you still waiting ...but picked up Scirocco R today , thought I'd be cheesy and collect on the first of march for the 10 reg although it arrived at the dealer two weeks ago, not bad since I only ordered it mid Nov.
I think it's the only R in Viper Green ordered ,or at least the only one on the road, as far as my dealer knows. A love it or hate it colour I guess, but whilst the blue looks stunning and the silver is very practical and none of the colours in the range are bad, I just get bored seeing car parks full of cars and only two or three colours between them...black , silver, blue etc, so thought Id take the risk with this colour. It was a bright sunny day round here today and the green looks brilliant in the sun and I am really pleased I stuck to this colour and didn't bottle out, the Roc is the sort of car that can carry a colour like this I think, and its good to be a little different, unless you don't like green! :-)

As for driving it, I was hoping it would be a bit better than the GT I had for a year but it's no where near a bit better... it's streets ahead. Even after half a mile up the road you can feel that there's lots of difference between this and the GT Scirocco. As this is paid for with my own money and I'll be keeping it a few years, there's no way I am going to open it up till it's got a good few miles under it tyres, but even driving it gently you can feel it has a great deal more urge than the GT and feels altogether like a different car, sounds a lot like the Golf 4 Motion V6 I had few year back too which is nice, it really purrs along without the exhaust booming that the GT could be prone to.

The suspension was a nice suprise too , I was expecting a bit of a compromise and that it would be a good deal harsher than the GT but it's just firmer and better controlled without any of the crashing and banging I thought it might have. Even sport is perfectly reasonable .

Hopefully I'll get some pics on here in the next few days, might be a bit busy driving round for a while first though ..
Dogzyboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Aluminium Pedals, Premium Sills, Luxury Mats, Chrome Tailpipes

Re: first Viper R?

Post by Dogzyboy »

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing some pics! :)
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced now by an F-Type.

Post by Kev »

Nice one.

You need to change the info in your profile now :)
raffoul232
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

Nice congrats dutch boy, ive posted a link for you where we show a viper green scirocco-r :clap:. It looks ace.......
(heres the link: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =33&t=3423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
ALL MODS ON HOLD