Fuel Consumption

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
cpjames
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensor, SatNav/DVD, Mats
Dynaudio
Est. Build Week 10

Fuel Consumption

Post by cpjames »

Hi Guys,

I am looking to order in the next few weeks and I was just wondering what any of you current owners thoughts were on fuel consumption.

I know what the official figures are but wondered what you were getting in the real world.

I tend to do quite alot of motorway mileage and national speed limit type roads 60/70 (ahem) and was wondering what the norm was in real life as opposed to artificial rolling road type testing.

Cheers,

Chris
stan_blade
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Front lux mats, rear rubber mats, Sat Nav, Pano roof, Auto Glym, GT st-wheel badge, Prem door sills, Boot liner, Metal Pedals.
23k miles and rising. Stone chips galore.

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by stan_blade »

Hi Chris

On a 160 mile trip yesterday on a mostly dual carrageway and motorway route, I averaged ~33mpg, and I was just above :nod: the national speed limit for most of it.

cheers

Stan
etotheip
I drive a: Scirocco R
With a: DSG box
Options: leather, sunroof, parking sensors, 19s, nav, folding mirrors, dynaudio, cruise

Post by etotheip »

I did close to 400 miles on my first tank

Impressive :clap:
Still going strong =)
danbailey77
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre Indicator and mats.

Post by danbailey77 »

I'm getting about 35mpg, around 330miles before the light comes on. Only takes about 46 litres when the light first comes on so still lots in the tank. I have had the trip average up to 45mpg, when sitting in traffic at around 50mph though.
gossa
In: Deep Black
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

Averaging 28 but driving 'enthusiastically', not hammering it though, just enjoying it.

No-one seems to have mentioned the fruity note on the downshift yet or have I got a special one?
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

crikey your sounding like diesel drivers ;)

good effort gossa, sub 30 is impressive
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

andy wrote:crikey your sounding like diesel drivers ;)

good effort gossa, sub 30 is impressive
Just drove back from Kingsbridge in Devon to Poole in Dorset, 113 miles, google maps says 2hrs 21mins. Did it in 1hr 39! do know the road like the back of my hand though and it's mostly single carraigway unlit country roads.

It really does cruise well but I didn't buy it to cruise, it really is an amazing car, not too mad, not 'crap your pants' quick, just enough for every situation on todays speed law/copper/camera infested roads. I think the quickest I drove tonight was about 125 and that was a short burst but I generally keep it under 90 on the 70's.
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Had my car for about 6 weeks now, done just over 2k miles. I generally get around 330 per tank, I've pushed it to the point where it said 5 miles left and on that occasion I got 358 - I would be really interested in knowing how the earlier poster got 400 miles that is really impressive!

I was up and down the north of Scotland today attending a wedding, caught 3 people taking pics where their phones and countless stares - more importantly I happily filled up at a petrol station @ 88p per litre! - I hope it stays at this price for a while.

I've said it before and I'll say it again you won't be disappointed, I absolutely love the car - just need to sort out that wiper smear this coming Saturday :yes:
sir_rocco
In: Reflex Silver

Post by sir_rocco »

rehmondo wrote:Had my car for about 6 weeks now, done just over 2k miles. I generally get around 330 per tank, I've pushed it to the point where it said 5 miles left and on that occasion I got 358 - I would be really interested in knowing how the earlier poster got 400 miles that is really impressive!

I was up and down the north of Scotland today attending a wedding, caught 3 people taking pics where their phones and countless stares - more importantly I happily filled up at a petrol station @ 88p per litre! - I hope it stays at this price for a while.

I've said it before and I'll say it again you won't be disappointed, I absolutely love the car - just need to sort out that wiper smear this coming Saturday :yes:
I regularly see 390 - 400 from a tank. I have done 5600 miles now and the pooter says 36.7 average. My MKV GTi used to average 31 on the same route/driving style which is mainly commuting on the A34/M4 at rush hour so no opportunity to go for it. Coming back from a trip to Lincoln the other day (140 miles) during the day managed to get down to 32mpg but was in the high 80's most of the way.
Taken delivery : Silver, DSG, NAV, Black Leather, Park Sensors, Winter pack.

Mods: Full Milltek, KW lowering springs,Wheel Spacers, Remapped to 258BHP, 405Nm
CTRnutter
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

About 12 mpg :lol: when it was dry!!! I average about 26-27 mpg but that doesnt include motorway driving where it easily returns 35 mpg :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
risingblue1
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Sat Nav, Private plate

Post by risingblue1 »

I got 414 miles out of a tank with a bit left over that worked out at 39mpg on a calculator.

My average on 3000 miles is 38.3mpg on the computer but if you worked out accurately reckon its about 36.5 mpg. However, nearly all my journey is motorway which you can rarely get to 70 on.
cpjames
In: Sumatra
Options: Parking Sensor, SatNav/DVD, Mats
Dynaudio
Est. Build Week 10

Post by cpjames »

Thanks for all your replies chaps.. sounds pretty good to me .. like you say its for enjoying but its nice to know that on the long journeys you get a pretty good MPG.

Cheers,

Chris
jonosussex
In: Indium Grey
Options: sunroof, leather, satnav, reversing sensors, cruise, winter pack, headlight washers, folding mirrors..

Post by jonosussex »

Hi guys

Just coming to the scirocco freom a GTi - which I have loved! Dealer says it runs fine on 95 - is that your opinion? I always used 97 in the GTi...

and what is oil consumption like? GTi used to be quite thirsty...
1996-1999 Mazda 323 2.0 V6
1999-2002 Celica 190
2002-2005 Celica T-sport
2005-2008 Golf GTi
2008-2011 'Roc 2.0 TSi manual - Rising Blue
2011- ?? Roc 2.0 TSi DSG Indium Grey
wigit

Post by wigit »

fine on 95 better figures than my previous a3
jonosussex
In: Indium Grey
Options: sunroof, leather, satnav, reversing sensors, cruise, winter pack, headlight washers, folding mirrors..

Post by jonosussex »

Thnaks Andy
well the 95 as opposed to 97 will save me a couple of quid a fill :) what about the oil - my GTi took 1/4 litre every 1000 miles I guess...
Last edited by jonosussex on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1996-1999 Mazda 323 2.0 V6
1999-2002 Celica 190
2002-2005 Celica T-sport
2005-2008 Golf GTi
2008-2011 'Roc 2.0 TSi manual - Rising Blue
2011- ?? Roc 2.0 TSi DSG Indium Grey
wigit

Post by wigit »

not drank any oil yet, i'll reserve judgement a3 was 0.5l every 5k
LCM
Options: Anthracite Leather - Dynaudio - Parking Sensors - Electric Mirrors - No Badge - Winter Pack - Mats - Tyre Indicators - GT Steering Wheel Badge - Metal Pedals - Premium Cills - Private Plate T20 ROC. Superchips Bluefin Remap 250bhp/400Nm

Post by LCM »

Hi Guys and girls

Just clocked up my first 1000 miles and with my average being heavy city rubbish with only the weekends to properly play I have averaged 28.9 with a cracking dry day in Bucks down to 19mpg!!! Great fun though!!!

Best I got was on a 150 mile trip on motorways and got 32 so either mine is particulary thirsty or I am having more fun!! Either ways I doubt if I will see the 37mpg as advertised.

Roc On :nod:
My Roc was fast - but now its FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roc On!!
biggles
Options: Black leather, winter pack,dsg.

Post by biggles »

Im averaging 30mpg after 1200 miles and plenty of relaxed motorway driving. Have people found that it has improved significantly after more miles. Thought i wld be getting mid 30s when taking it steady!

A small price to pay though!
greeper
Options: DVD Satellite Navigation, Leather (black), Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack, Folding Mirrors, Premium sills, Boot liner, Alloy pedals, Parrot 3200LS

Post by greeper »

On the test drive I did about 200 miles - 100 miles enjoying the car and 100 miles taking it easy. On the taking it easy part I averaged around 33mpg.

On the same journey, similar conditions, taking it easy, an A3 140 diesel did 42mpg and a Focus ST3 did 24mpg. So the Rocco got good mpg in my opinion.
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

I get around 33mpg when driving around locally i.e 25 mile trip inc A roads dual carriage way and a bit of motorway.