Had yours been broken into?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
funnyroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise and parking sensors ... nothing else :-(

Had yours been broken into?

Post by funnyroc »

:-(, came back to my car yesterday to find they had smashed both passenger side windows. Ripped out the glove box (it was locked with sat nav in it) and nicked the ipod cable.

Reported it but nothing Police can do.

When I called the glass people they asked if I had been in a couple of weeks ago. They had exactly the same senario - white roc with both passenger windows smashed.

Anyone else had theirs broken into :-(
lancs_lad
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: DAB Radio, Parking Sensors, Multi Function Steering Wheel, Tyre Pressure Sensors

Re: Had yours been broken into?

Post by lancs_lad »

Sorry to hear about your car. Since I had my Honda CRV done overnight on the drive I don't leave anything in the car overnight and try to leave the glove box open to show there's nothing worth stealing. As a matter of interest whereabouts did this happen?
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Yep, took my headunit.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
ashley1407
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: Cruise Control, Metallic Paint, Fiscon Bluetooth, Bleep on locking.

Revo Remap.

Post by ashley1407 »

Sorry to hear about this funnyroc. There are literally no words petty enough to describe the scum that do this sort of thing.
funnyroc

Post by funnyroc »

Thanks for the comments. Ipod cable was found by autowindscreen guys when cleaning the car and usb cable was still in place with usb key .. so looks like they didn't know to look there. Oh and it was in Birmingham .. but reckon they were just after the sat nav (which yes I know I shouldn't have left in the glove box, locked or unlocked .. live and learn ... or in my case just learn!) rather than the Scirocco.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

at least you are ok funnyroc.

S
lancs_lad
In: Salsa Red
Options: DAB Radio, Parking Sensors, Multi Function Steering Wheel, Tyre Pressure Sensors

Post by lancs_lad »

funnyroc wrote:Thanks for the comments. Ipod cable was found by autowindscreen guys when cleaning the car and usb cable was still in place with usb key .. so looks like they didn't know to look there. Oh and it was in Birmingham .. but reckon they were just after the sat nav (which yes I know I shouldn't have left in the glove box, locked or unlocked .. live and learn ... or in my case just learn!) rather than the Scirocco.
Did you happen to leave tell tale mark on windscreen (or even the mount itself) from the sat nav? Scum will always take a chance if they have reason to believe there just may be something in the glovebox. I've known cars broken into just because people left loose change for parking in a visible cubby.
funnyroc

Post by funnyroc »

No there were no marks, the mount wasn't working so was in the glove box, they nicked that as well... so they got away with a 3 year old tomtom one that only works if its being charged and with a mount that just falls over... i did have the charger plugged into the 12v port though which they probably saw. Annoyingly the car that parks next to me has a sony headunit in it with the detachable face on, no alarm..... but that didn't interest them.

If anyone can recommend me a good satnav (not the RNS510 as its too much for me!!) then please let me know.
spamdog
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

funnyroc wrote:No there were no marks, the mount wasn't working so was in the glove box, they nicked that as well... so they got away with a 3 year old tomtom one that only works if its being charged and with a mount that just falls over... i did have the charger plugged into the 12v port though which they probably saw. Annoyingly the car that parks next to me has a sony headunit in it with the detachable face on, no alarm..... but that didn't interest them.

If anyone can recommend me a good satnav (not the RNS510 as its too much for me!!) then please let me know.
iphone app then take it with you when you leave the car :yes:
Deb
Options: Cruise control, flat tyre indicator

Post by Deb »

I've just put CoPilot on the iPhone as a satnav device as my Scirocco won't be arriving with it, nor will it have SmartNav fitted as standard like my previous Company cars (£700????? Robbing gits) and it's ok for around £28 but it doesn't have live traffic updates and automatic re-routing should the planned route get congested. While you're recommending SatNavs has anyone got/tried one of them with live traffic/re-routing?

Sorry for hijacking the thread, btw.
funnyroc

Post by funnyroc »

If only I had got an iphone :-( ... Don't ask why I didn't I am still trying to work that bit out myself lol... yeah hijack away would be interested to know if the live traffic/re-routing ones work.

P.s. Good choice, almost same spec as mine.. I can park but everyone convinced me I would need parking sensors, in reality its not that bad to park after all.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

I suggest you don't hijake guys, please start a new thread as it will only get lost in this one.

S
Gilez
Options: Folding mirrors, luxury mats, Black leather interior, DAB RCD510 Radio, Sill Protectors

LED side, interior, number plate, puddle and footwell lights.

DRL coded off, so side lights only. Beep for alarm set/unset coded on.

Build Week 5 2010
10.02.10 - on the boat to the UK
20.02.10 - Took delivery

Post by Gilez »

I am very sorry to hear your news Funnyroc.

I had my new Astra broken into when I had it 5 years ago, it was only about 2 weeks old (Birmingham too - in Castle Bromwich). The police reckon that the chancer carcrime thieving scutters think that a "new car=wealthy driver", and chance their luck that there is something of value in the car worth nicking. In my case, there wasnt, but it is so annoying and causes much inconvenience.

As for cheap sat-navs, a load of the Nokia phones now have it for free, or if it is a cheapo sat-nav unit you are after, have a look on places on the net like ebuyer and amazon. They may not be all singing and dancing ones, but may be worth a go.
I can rely on my car, it's my Roc!!!
funnyroc

Post by funnyroc »

Thanks for the message Gilez, I am already on the case. Found out today company car insurance doesn't cover personal items .. so its a choice of claim it on the house insurance (need to look at the excess) or foot the bill for a new one.

Hope you enjoy yours when you get it. If you are still in the Birmingham area I might see you on the road.... that said, you can't move for Sciroccos in Birmingham, I must have seen at least one of every colour they do in and around town.
funnyroc

Post by funnyroc »

Got mine back yesterday with extra legroom! Glovebox on order from VW .. apparently will take 2/3 weeks to come according to bodyshop. At least I have the car ... no chance of anyone breaking into the glovebox now :-)
Gilez
Options: Folding mirrors, luxury mats, Black leather interior, DAB RCD510 Radio, Sill Protectors

LED side, interior, number plate, puddle and footwell lights.

DRL coded off, so side lights only. Beep for alarm set/unset coded on.

Build Week 5 2010
10.02.10 - on the boat to the UK
20.02.10 - Took delivery

Post by Gilez »

Glad you have your wheels back. Hope they get the rest sorted ASAP.
I can rely on my car, it's my Roc!!!
coldel
In: Deep Black

Post by coldel »

Now if they made cars without glove boxes...