B Pillar Tints

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
smithy1311
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Cruise Control;
Flat Tyre indicator

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by smithy1311 »

I was kind of hoping they'd started it early, but maybe not.
rougier
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 18" wheels, rear tints, panoramic sunroof, mats.

Post by rougier »

Just heard from my dealer that my car is build week 10. Bit the bullet and added the panoramic sunroof to my candy white roc's existing options list of 18" wheels, tints and mats.
:clap:
rocafella
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
Options: pearl deep black,folding mirrors,flat tyre indicator,parking sensors, ss pedals.

Post by rocafella »

smithy1311
I will ring vw cs midweek to get an update,our cars should be around the same stage if we are both week six :)
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

rocafella wrote:Build week six which means starting today, One hell of a wait since september. Im tempted to phone vw cs to see if they have started..best not. :clap:
No, it means it will be finished one day this week at the factory and going to the docks. A build week 06 Scirocco will have started assembly during Wk05.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
bounge
Options: leather seats, parking sensors, flat tyre indicator

Post by bounge »

Anyone know when the build week 5 batch are due into the UK?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

custard1
In: Viper Green
Options: DAB radio
Metallic paint
Multifunction steering wheel

Post by custard1 »

wk4 build - at the dealers this week - mine next Mon - likely I'm on hols next week. Guess the wife and kids won't be seeing me much :clap:
smithy1311
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Cruise Control;
Flat Tyre indicator

Post by smithy1311 »

RW1 wrote:
rocafella wrote:Build week six which means starting today, One hell of a wait since september. Im tempted to phone vw cs to see if they have started..best not. :clap:
No, it means it will be finished one day this week at the factory and going to the docks. A build week 06 Scirocco will have started assembly during Wk05.

C.
Now I'm confused :? Just phoned VW CS for an update and they said my build week 6 car is at Stage 3 (Bodyshell?) but would not be finished until Build Week 8. The person I spoke to was adamant that Build week 6 was when the car starts being builds not when its finished. Based on past experience does Stage 3 to completion in two weeks sound reasonable ? (in my innocence/ignorance two weeks sounds like a long time for a car to be built?)
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

they are probably covering themselves to a certain extent smithy, they can't grasp that the owners/future owners know more about the process than them (that includes the shipping schedules)
mine was at stage 5 on the tuesday & complete on the wednesday during my build week.
all build weeks are a guide, not all cars with the same build week are started at the exact same time hence the variation of some start ahead of their week & complete during it & some start during it & complete the following week.

S
lancs_lad
In: Salsa Red
Options: DAB Radio, Parking Sensors, Multi Function Steering Wheel, Tyre Pressure Sensors

Post by lancs_lad »

bounge wrote:Anyone know when the build week 5 batch are due into the UK?
My week 5 car was finished on Friday of week 4. VW confirmed its on the boat that left yesterday :D
MarRocco
Options: Factory fitted: Parking sensors, Folding mirrors, Winter pack, DAB, Smoking pack, Flat tyre indicator, Mats
Home fitted: Metal pedals and footrest, Covered cup holder, hkb door sills, Razos, Door warning lights

Post by MarRocco »

Build week 9 confirmed today :D
GT 2.0 TSI, Candy, Parking sensors, Folding mirrors, Winter pack, DAB, Smoking pack, Flat tyre indicator, Mats, Metal pedals and footrest, Covered cup holder, Razos, hkb door sills, Door warning lights, VAG-COM
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

lancs_lad wrote:
bounge wrote:Anyone know when the build week 5 batch are due into the UK?
My week 5 car was finished on Friday of week 4. VW confirmed its on the boat that left yesterday :D
@bounge - Saturday 13th Feb'10. See boat tracking topic.

@lancs_lad - Hope not, unless you selected the amphibian option! :scratch: VW UK again, left at 02:30 this morning.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Anakin
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

MarRocco wrote:Build week 9 confirmed today :D
Nice same week as mine, VWCS told me it scheduled to go on the production line on the 22nd of feb :clap: god knows how long it will be b4 I can collect it from the dealer though.
Solar Orange TT RS
Rocco17
Options: 19" Talladega alloys
DAB
Parking sensors
Leathers
Dynaudio
Folding wing mirrors

Post by Rocco17 »

Ordered my R on 28th December (although had to take the 2010 price increase - grr) and now confirmed build week 15! Might get it in June then :shrug:
Mrk
Options: A few and a ROC reg

Post by Mrk »

Mines now confirmed for week 8 :)

VWCS said it can take up to 10days to build :shrug: bizzare. anyways its on schedule.
Mrk :D
Eric
Options: 510 Dynaudio radio, leather seats, darkened windows, winter pack ...

Post by Eric »

mine is foreseen bw 6, so this week
anyone has an idea when this will be shipped for Belgium?
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Mrk wrote: VWCS said it can take up to 10days to build :shrug: bizzare.
Thats correct, build will start during Wk07, may be even late Wk06 and finish one day during Wk08.
Eric wrote:mine is foreseen bw 6, so this week
It does depend which day the Scirocco is finished this week.
If it was completed Monday morning this week, then it may have made the African Highway going to Emden, Germany.
If you assume it wasn't Monday morning than it's on the next Emden bound ship to leave Setabul, Portugal. Next ships I haven't hunted down yet. http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... &start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get a confirmation of build complete tomorrow from your salesman who can look on the VW "live" factory system. And ask where they are delivered from, a port such as Zeebrugge or a rail head.

Emden to Belgium :shrug: 10 days to 2 weeks as an guess. Not sure whether ships do it as I don't see anything leaving Emden for the Belgian North Sea ports so it may be put on a train.

C.
Last edited by RW1 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
gavmac89
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: Winter Pack, Sensors, Mats, Metal Pedals and Electric Folding Mirrors, Premium Sills and boot liner

Post by gavmac89 »

After the long wait mine gets delivered on Tuesday!!! ordered 23 Nov which isnt too bad i suppose, will post some pics up when it arrives
Eric
Options: 510 Dynaudio radio, leather seats, darkened windows, winter pack ...

Post by Eric »

RW1 wrote:
Mrk wrote: VWCS said it can take up to 10days to build :shrug: bizzare.
Thats correct, build will start during Wk07, may be even late Wk06 and finish one day during Wk08.
Eric wrote:mine is foreseen bw 6, so this week
It does depend which day the Scirocco is finished this week.
If it was completed Monday morning this week, then it may have made the African Highway going to Emden, Germany.
If you assume it wasn't Monday morning than it's on the next Emden bound ship to leave Setabul, Portugal. Next ships I haven't hunted down yet. http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... &start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get a confirmation of build complete tomorrow from your salesman who can look on the VW "live" factory system. And ask where they are delivered from, a port such as Zeebrugge or a rail head.

Emden to Belgium :shrug: 10 days to 2 weeks as an guess. Not sure whether ships do it as I don't see anything leaving Emden for the Belgian North Sea ports so it may be put on a train.

C.
thx RW1 :clap:
chani1312
Options: bluetooth, dsg, 19" alloys, sat nav, black leathers

Post by chani1312 »

my build date confirmed week 9.........after a loooong wait since late october!!.......i hope it does'nt take a month for me to get it, as thats whats vw dealers say