B Pillar Tints

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
gavmac89
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Winter Pack, Sensors, Mats, Metal Pedals and Electric Folding Mirrors, Premium Sills and boot liner

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by gavmac89 »

Well after some clearing up from RW1 the confirmed build week should be when the car has completed its build and ready for shipping. I also thought that the cars were built on your confirmed build week. Your sisters GT should be complete and be on the Suar Vigo on Monday but dont quote me on this RW1 is the expert on the shipping stuff. I spoke to customer services and the guy did say mine was a week early so maybe they even get confused about build weeks??
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

The week number the dealers tell you is always the week in which the Scirocco is finally finished at the factory. Assembly starts about 7 days beforehand. The week number is not firm and fixed until about 3 to 4 weeks before they've decided to build. Upto that decision point, supply of "just in time parts" will influence the factory "start assembly" decision. So your build week number given to you can/may/will float around a bit until the "start assembly" decision by the factory. Your dealer has all this available to them on the dealership Dialogue System.

I was initially told Wk43 for my Scirocco order - 12 July'09, then after 2 weeks mine stayed put at Wk42 until 3 weeks before it was made, when I told it would be Wk43 confirmed. Some have not been as fortunate as me to have a steady view all the way along.

VW have had supply problems with parts due to demand levels. eg. the 1.4TSi 160PS engine. They ordered 3,500 in March 2009 from the VW engine plant. By August'09 the "sold" requirement was passing 9,000 units! Similar story for the Diesel 2.0ltr 170PS. This popular demand caught VW out and don't forget this is not just VW but Audi, SEAT and Skoda. As a result, the Sciroccos with these engines last summer/autumn went long distance on delivery times to the customer. This included me (18 weeks order placed to dealer received - not the longest wait time on here though!). I was quoted 12 weeks on the day I order, just smiled and informed them of the above 1.4TSi problem. :roll: Earlier in late 2008, it was a shortage of sunroofs causing Scirocco orders to be delayed.

Just to give you an idea how fine it is, take major components such as the engine and gearbox. (I think these are transported by rail from Germany to Portugal.) Been to the big rail head at Saltzgitter VW Factory. Saw them sending shed loads of engines out at time, the size of a football pitch just full of crated engines just for one days production.

My Engine was finished in Germany at Saltzgitter on 09.10.09 at 10:09 and 12 seconds!
My Gearbox was finished in Germany at Kassel on 10.10.09 at 14:03 and 15 seconds!
My Scirocco started assembly in the Palmela, Portugal VW Factory on 16.10.09
My Scirocco left the factory for Setabul, Portugal dockside 23.10.09

It will be on your white boot sticker which day it actually was finished. First part of my 2nd posting on this.......
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... t=+sticker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Deb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Cruise control, flat tyre indicator

Post by Deb »

Had the phone call today to say mine's arrived in the UK; it was ordered in early September. They've yet to install my handsfree kit (always done retrospectively on our company cars) so I've asked them to sit on the car for another three weeks so it has the 10 plate.
Dogzyboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Aluminium Pedals, Premium Sills, Luxury Mats, Chrome Tailpipes

Post by Dogzyboy »

Confirmed build week 8 for me. I cant wait!!
gsmno11
In: Salsa Red
Options: Bluetooth, Rear sensors, Cruise, DAB

Post by gsmno11 »

Just had the phone call to say mine gets built next week.
About the normal lead in by the looks of things: ordered end Sept
Nice 10 plate about Mid March - bring it on!
custard1
In: Viper Green
Options: DAB radio
Metallic paint
Multifunction steering wheel

Post by custard1 »

bulid wk4 and yes its built!!!!
at docks and should be with me in 2 weeks
can't wait for 10 plate - won't it asap
lancs_lad
In: Salsa Red
Options: DAB Radio, Parking Sensors, Multi Function Steering Wheel, Tyre Pressure Sensors

Post by lancs_lad »

Quoted build week 5 but just confirmed with VW it was finished on Friday and is now on its way to the docks. With a bit of luck I should be able to pick it up on 1st March.
chrisyboyc
Options: Leather,Criuse Control, Dynaudio possible RS6 alloys if i have cash

Post by chrisyboyc »

Just got off the phone to the dealers to confirm week 6 build and delivery for the end of feb(that looked doubtful) they've just told me its now week 8 with delivery in March. So far they have been very reasonably as i told them that the VAT increase is their problem which they agreed. Also i have sold my Audi A3 which will be taken away at the end of Feb and as i need a car for work i need help with a loan car until the ROC turns up. Dealership said they would see what they can do over the weekend and let me know Monday. Anyone else been offered a loaner.
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there
rowla
In: Shadow Blue
Options: sat nav, dynaudio, park assist, adaptive chassis, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights

Post by rowla »

just confirmed - build week 8.

how do i track my rocco? i have a comm number.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Rowla

when build week 8 comes round your dealer will update you at their normal interval (assuming they update you weekly). If you want to know more regularly than this ring VW customer services during that week & give them your comm number, (someone has previously rung daily during their build week :eyepop: :faint: ) & they can advise what stage your car is at as their system updates more regularly than the dealers weekly update.

S
rowla
In: Shadow Blue
Options: sat nav, dynaudio, park assist, adaptive chassis, panoramic sunroof, xenon headlights

Post by rowla »

nice one trix. Thanks.
ONtheROCs
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: 19" Luganos, Dynaudio, DAB, Parking Sensors, Smoking Pack, Tyre Pressure Ind (whatever that does), Fiscon and boot liner!

Now gone

Post by ONtheROCs »

Mine's deffo in production........ Not long now. Yaaaaassssss!!!!! :vibes:
mmcgov01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Parking sensors, bluetooth kit

Post by mmcgov01 »

Just got a call from the dealer. The new Roc has arrived in the Dublin distribution depot. Next stage is to load it onto a transporter and get it to the dealership, 2 days of detailing on it and then I have it. Looks like I'll be driving either Saturday or Monday. :clap:
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

good to hear mmc, sorry to say it won't be 2 days of detailing though the dealer needs to pdi it & give it a quick once over so its presentable. no mass detailing session, thats for you when you get it.
mine still had a big patch of adhesive from the transport block on the bumper when i got it which took some elbow grease

S
PIP39
Options: Panaramic Sunroof, winter pack, tinited glass, premium phone, rear parking sensors, autohold, fog lights, ipod connector, flat tyre indicator

Post by PIP39 »

Hi All - The call came yesterday and I can pick the Roc up tomorrow :) - now to try and get some sleep tonight :) :)
mmcgov01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Parking sensors, bluetooth kit

Post by mmcgov01 »

You were right trix, collection is now Tuesday lunchtime. The day has been booked off from work so as to take it for a good long drive.
fastjedi
In: Rising Blue
Options: Cruise Control

Post by fastjedi »

Company car ... paperwork completed in September but car not ordered until first week in November :grumpy:
Had a call on Friday to say the car is now in Germany
I am going to wait for a 10 plate :D
Pipe
Options: 210bhp

Post by Pipe »

Roc ordered last day of 2009, dealer advised build week 12 .......heres hoping
mmcgov01 wrote:Just got a call from the dealer. The new Roc has arrived in the Dublin distribution depot. Next stage is to load it onto a transporter and get it to the dealership, 2 days of detailing on it and then I have it. Looks like I'll be driving either Saturday or Monday. :clap:
mmcgov01, yours coming in to Ireland....Im up north, is this (Dublin) where they all come in?
smithy1311
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Cruise Control;
Flat Tyre indicator

Post by smithy1311 »

VW CS could only advise me this morning that build would complete this week (I was hoping to find out stage in the build process). Also advised that car should be with me by the end of the month, if not early March. Not really convinced their delivery estimate is accurate -- sounds very optimistic to me (but here's hoping they're correct). Interested to know what any other Build Week 6 people's experience with VW CS are.
rocafella
In: Deep Black
Options: pearl deep black,folding mirrors,flat tyre indicator,parking sensors, ss pedals.

Post by rocafella »

Build week six which means starting today, One hell of a wait since september. Im tempted to phone vw cs to see if they have started..best not. :clap: