Convenience Menu - Mirror Down

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: Convenience Menu - Mirror Down

Post by RW1 »

Here's a little gem I've dug out of Germany...... even if folding mirror option is fitted.

"Passenger mirror drop does not work with passenger mirror package and reverse gear is engaged..
No item in the MFA to set this feature.
When produced in the period Sept-Nov' 2008, Scirocco lacks this feature"

Might explain why things are confusing.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
welshjim
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather (truffle)
19" 'Lugano Alloy wheels
DVD navigation with Dynaudio
Parking Sensors
Cruise control
Winter pack

Post by welshjim »

RW1 wrote:Here's a little gem I've dug out of Germany...... even if folding mirror option is fitted.
"Passenger mirror drop does not work with passenger mirror package and reverse gear is engaged..

Not really, mine was produced September 2009 (BW37) and lacks this feature (no mirror dropping and no option in the MFD) :(

My options are 2.0GT TSi, Winter Pack, Reversing Sensors, Leather, RNS 510, DSG just in case Hercules Poirot is reading and it engaging "ze little grey cells" on the evidence....
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Jim,

Will have to see what I get with my folding mirrors option fitted when I get mine next week.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Algoz66
With a: Manual box
Options: Lugano 19in Alloys, Sunroof, DVD, Navigation, Optical Parking Sensors, Bluetooth, Black Vienna Leather, electric folding mirrors, REVO Stage 1

Post by Algoz66 »

I have the option in my MFD, and I've selected it (tick), but it doesn't work! Anyone else got it to work?
Nobby
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Post by Nobby »

It works on mine

Once you have set it up you need to leave the mirror knob on "R" if your car is LHD or on "L" if it's RHD or it won't move
Blueroc
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat Nav, Leather Upholstery, Winter Pack, DVD/Dynaudio, Electric Folding Mirrors,
Cruise Control, Bi Xenon Headlights, Parking Sensors

Post by Blueroc »

Algoz66 wrote:I have the option in my MFD, and I've selected it (tick), but it doesn't work! Anyone else got it to work?
Mine was set up by my Dealer when I took delivery.

Alanstead suggested the following earlier in the thread, which should work if you have the option-

Try sticking the car in reverse and then adjust the passenger mirror down to where you want it, then drive off and see if it goes back up, if so, you've got it! If not, you dont!!

Dave
Algoz66
Options: Lugano 19in Alloys, Sunroof, DVD, Navigation, Optical Parking Sensors, Bluetooth, Black Vienna Leather, electric folding mirrors, REVO Stage 1

Post by Algoz66 »

thanks Dave & Nobby - I'll give that a whizz.
Algoz66

Post by Algoz66 »

Yes, ensuring dial is set to L (for RHD cars) did the trick!
PIP39
Options: Panaramic Sunroof, winter pack, tinited glass, premium phone, rear parking sensors, autohold, fog lights, ipod connector, flat tyre indicator

Post by PIP39 »

Picked my Roc up last Friday (OMG - its amazing) - week 03 build - MDF just worked - not sure if dealer did it - I do have the folding mirrors option
sergiommms

Post by sergiommms »

Hi all
I don´t have a SciroCCo... but I have a CC ;)

Recently, I retrofitted exterior folding mirrors (mirrors, motors, buttons)...
After reading this interesting thread, I decided to start VCDS (VAG-COM) and fool around with the mirror down on reverse feature.
Now, I had been lured (in the first place, by VCDS itself...) into thinknig this feature would only work with memory seats installed - which I don´t have.
It so happens that, as soon as I coded the convenience module, set the apropriate option in the MFI, and tried engaging reverse with mirror control button set to R (in Portugal we drive on the right, so, it´s a RHD car*), the mirror colapsed and I could see the ground.

In sum: I believe this feature is readily available in cars with external folding mirrors (althgouh you night need to enable it with VCDS first, and then in the multi-function instrument panel). :nod:

Hope my 2 cents turn out to be useful in this ongoing debate.

Cheers!

Sergio

* Correct me if I´m wrong...
But a RHD is a car that is driven on the right handside of the road...
and a LHD is a car that is driven on the left handside ot the road...
Which has nothing to do with the position of the steering wheel in the cabin...
1 6 D
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: RCD510 with 8 speakers
Climatronic
Cruise Control
tinted rear windows
aerial in rear window
MFA Plus
Multi function steering wheel

Self-added:
Cornering fog lights
Coming Home
Leaving Home
4 stop bulbs at rear
Folding mirrors+ambiente lights+memory

Post by 1 6 D »

I have in my Rocco electric mirrors only with heating. I activated "Mirror down" with VCDS. I have this option in "convenience" menu, I switch it on and it's not working in my car.
teejay212
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19"Luganos,Panoramic Roof,SatNav,Dynaudio,Parking Sensors,Winter Pack,Cruise Control,Electric Folding Mirrors,Flat Tyre Ind,Rieger R8 Front Bumper & Side Skirts,Oettinger Rear Skirt,Jetex Quad Exhaust,Lowered 25mm,Full Blue & Black Leather Interior & Colour Coded Interior Trims.

Post by teejay212 »

1 6 D,

I have the winter pack and my mirror works perfectly - you have to select it in the white MFD - Switch the mirror switch to L and when you put the car into reverse the mirror automatically goes down - is your car a MY2010 with the white MFD ?? tj
Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio Sound, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Fitted Mats And A Few Niche Add-Ons !!![/b]
1 6 D
Climatronic
Cruise Control
tinted rear windows
aerial in rear window
MFA Plus

Self-added:
Cornering fog lights
Coming Home
Leaving Home
4 stop bulbs at rear

Post by 1 6 D »

I have MY09 with red MFA+.

I selected this option in MFD, I switch mirror switch to R (it's passenger side)
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

so most likely this will apply.. (in bold)
RW1 wrote:Here's a little gem I've dug out of Germany...... even if folding mirror option is fitted.

C.
just to note the fact you have it in the options perhaps implies it is in the transition :shrug:
1 6 D
Climatronic
Cruise Control
tinted rear windows
aerial in rear window
MFA Plus

Self-added:
Cornering fog lights
Coming Home
Leaving Home
4 stop bulbs at rear

Post by 1 6 D »

I have activated this function with VCDS. Before coding I don't have it. After coding I have "Mirror down" in Convenience menu. I checked in ETKA numbers of wiring,modules and they are same all time.
jverdoes
Options: Cruise Control
Rear Parking Sensors
Flat Tyre Indicator

Post by jverdoes »

1 6 D wrote:I have activated this function with VCDS. Before coding I don't have it. After coding I have "Mirror down" in Convenience menu. I checked in ETKA numbers of wiring,modules and they are same all time.
Hi 1 6 D, could you please explain how you activated the "Mirror Down" in VCDS (Vagcom)?
I have a 2010 white display Roc and a 908 Vagcom but I cannot find the tickbox or coding for "Mirror Down". :?
I activated memory seats, although I don't have them fitted, to trick the system but that did not work either.
I can’t get the damn MD to appear in the Convenience Menu. :grumpy:
You're help will be greatly appreciated... :clap:
2010 Rising Blue 2.0 GT TDi (140) ● Cruise Control ● Rear Parking Sensors ● Flat Tyre Indicator ● VW Luxury Mats ● VW Semi Rigid Loadliner ● Fiscon Bluetooth ordered
VAGCOM Mods: Needle Sweep ● Sidelights as DRLs ● Fog Cornering Lights
1 6 D
Climatronic
Cruise Control
tinted rear windows
aerial in rear window
MFA Plus

Self-added:
Cornering fog lights
Coming Home
Leaving Home
4 stop bulbs at rear

Post by 1 6 D »

I activate this in module 46 byte 14, bit 7 check

Your MY10 don't have module 46, I can't find it in module 09, your Rocco must have it somewhere else :(
jverdoes
Options: Cruise Control
Rear Parking Sensors
Flat Tyre Indicator

Post by jverdoes »

Thank you for your reply 1 6 D.
Yip, module 46 is not on the 2010 and I have searched in every other module but no luck yet.
I would appreciate it if anyone with the new beta 10.3 Vagcom had any success with finding Mirror Down on a MY2010.
2010 Rising Blue 2.0 GT TDi (140) ● Cruise Control ● Rear Parking Sensors ● Flat Tyre Indicator ● VW Luxury Mats ● VW Semi Rigid Loadliner ● Fiscon Bluetooth ordered
VAGCOM Mods: Needle Sweep ● Sidelights as DRLs ● Fog Cornering Lights
Felon
Options: Folding Mirrors, Flux Capacitor.

Post by Felon »

You guys mentioned leaving it in R or L to make it work.
But when my car was delivered to me this week, the chap said not to leave it on R or L because they have a tendency to burn out.

WHAT TO DO...
peter.vw
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
Options: Reversing aid, Paneramic glass roof, Folding mirrors, Tire flat indicator, mats, Smokers pack

Post by peter.vw »

This sounds like salesman crap don’t believe that the would fit this function and not make the motor that drives it man enough to do the job, anyway if it packs up you take it back and they will have to replace it under warranty.
Leave it on.