Sumatra (aka Dark Maroon) with Cashmere 'Catch Up' interior

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Trooper

Sumatra (aka Dark Maroon) with Cashmere 'Catch Up' interior

Post by Trooper »

First few pics of new delivery... taken very hastily today....

Was a big gamble ordering Cashmere 'Catch Up' interior - choice was based solely on various pics found on the web - thrilled with how it looks :hyper: :hyper:

More pics to follow...
Last edited by Trooper on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: Sumatra (Dark Maroon) with Cashmere 'Catch Up' interior

Post by RW1 »

Hi Trooper,

Very nice. The interior is very pleasing. Really like that combination :yes: So I'm not surprised you are thrilled. Well balanced car.

When you get chance, would be nice to see a photo of the 122ps engine bay.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

Cheers RW, thanks for the :yes: was really worried that the interior was going to be far too garish, but I needn't have worried... VW always do great design, don't they?? :D

yes, many more pics to follow, will include under the bonnet too, for sure :nod:
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

not totally taken by the interior but it may grow on me, certainly the best exterior colour choice!!! :clap:

S
ZephyR
With a: Manual box
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Probably looks a lot lighter in your photo due to exposure levels so I guess its a bit more subdued in real life. Certainly looks like it goes with Sumatra (nice choice) but I wouldn't go for that with my Candy.
What's that label say on the back next to the TSI badge ?
phillips1321
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: sat nav
leather
patking sensors

Post by phillips1321 »

Looks like 'Bluemotion' to me.
Crossbone
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
Options: Sports package with black alcantara leather seats, metal pedals, tinted rear windows, 18' Interlagos, multi-function steering wheel, rcd 510, 2 zone climatronic, armrest, premium mats, winter package, lights and mirrors package, aluminum foot rest, covered cup holder.

Post by Crossbone »

Hi there!
Yey, another 122. I think we're only three so far.
Is there anything on the car except the badge on the back that betrays it's a bluemotion?
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

Yup, label says BLUEMOTION TECHNOLOGY

Last edited by Trooper on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

Crossbone wrote:Hi there!
Yey, another 122. I think we're only three so far.
Is there anything on the car except the badge on the back that betrays it's a bluemotion?
No, there's only the single badge on the bootlid which identifies it as having BMT.
That, and the fact that it has stop-start technology so, selecting neutral and disengaging the clutch at the lights will kill the engine, which might be another giveaway for the very, very observant :)
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

ZephyR wrote:Probably looks a lot lighter in your photo due to exposure levels so I guess its a bit more subdued in real life. Certainly looks like it goes with Sumatra (nice choice) but I wouldn't go for that with my Candy.
yes, looks a couple of shades lighter in the photo than in real life.... also, shows up almost with a faint pinkish/orangeish tone in the pic that's not there in real life at all. Photos were taken very quickly, just a quick point and click. Was a dull day so, on auto mode, I reckon the exposure was probably set very high.

Yes, with Candy White, not sure Cashmere would be a great match; has to be black interior all the way really?
Last edited by Trooper on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

trix wrote: certainly the best exterior colour choice!!! :clap:

S
Agreed! thanks Trix :yes:
Crossbone
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
Options: Sports package with black alcantara leather seats, metal pedals, tinted rear windows, 18' Interlagos, multi-function steering wheel, rcd 510, 2 zone climatronic, armrest, premium mats, winter package, lights and mirrors package, aluminum foot rest, covered cup holder.

Post by Crossbone »

Can you post some pics of the stop and go button? Do you still have a classic key? Can you explain how it works?
pcwright
In: Sumatra
Options: sat nav 310

Post by pcwright »

Ordered the same combination for our 1.4TSI DSG 7 in France. Expected mid-Feb. Ordered mid- Dec.
vcr001
Options: design pack with lugano rims (black alcantara, tinted windows, metal pedals,...)
Audiopack (rcd510, Climatronic, multifunction steering wheel, park pilot)
visabilty pack (automatic lights, folding mirrors)

Sorry for my crappy english translations but hey what do you expect i'm belgian :D

Re: Sumatra (aka Dark Maroon) with Cashmere 'Catch Up' interior

Post by vcr001 »

Did you order it with bluemotion or di you just have it cause it's a 122????
We love Belgium!!!!
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

vcr001 wrote:Did you order it with bluemotion or di you just have it cause it's a 122????

For Model Year 2010, the 1.4 Tsi 122 available here in the Republic of Ireland changed so that the only the 1.4 Tsi 122 BlueMotion model is now available. The 'old' non-BlueMotion 1.4 Tsi 122 is no longer advertised/sold here in the Republic of Ireland. Also, the 1.4 Tsi 122 BMT is only available here with a manual 'box. The 1.4 Tsi 122 is not available with DSG.

I think a lot model options that are now available here in Ireland are based on the fact that the 1.4 Tsi 122 BMT has a CO2 rating of 139g/km, which means it falls just within Category B for the Irish 'Vehicle Registration Tax' (VRT) at at rate of 16%. Without BMT, I think the old 1.4 Tsi 122 had a CO2 rating of something like 145g/km, which meant that it was in VRT Category C, with a rate of 20%.

Also, I notice that VW Ireland have updated the Brochure and Price Guide on their website since the new year (to reflect MY2010 presumably ) and that the 1.4 TSi 160 (twin charger) is no longer offered. Choices here are now limited to the following:

- 1.4TSI 122BHP BMT M6F Sport Petrol - €25,190

- 2.0TDI 140BHP M6F Sport Diesel - €29,310
- 2.0TDI DSG 140BHP D6F Sport Diesel - €32,025
- 2.0TDI 170BHP M6F Sport Diesel - €31,995
- 2.0TDI DSG 170BHP D6F Sport Diesel - €34,840

- 2.0TSI 210BHP M6F Sport Petrol - €35,215
- 2.0TSI DSG 210BHP D6F Sport Petrol - €36,795

I don't think the 1.4 TSi 160 ever sold well here in Ireland anyhow.

http://www.volkswagen.ie/ie/en/models/s ... rices.html

http://www.volkswagen.ie/media/country/ ... ochure.pdf
http://www.volkswagen.ie/media/country/ ... y_2010.pdf

Would love to have been able to go for the 2.0TSI 210BHP, but at €10K more than the 1.4 Tsi 122 BMT, was simply too much to be able to justify :fall:
Last edited by Trooper on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

Crossbone wrote:Can you post some pics of the stop and go button? Do you still have a classic key? Can you explain how it works?
No, there's no stop/start button. The ignition works from classic key, the same as for all other models.

Stop-start technology automatically kills the engine when neutral is selected and the clutch is disengaged; engine automatically restarts when clutch pedal depressed again (i.e. when about to re-select 1st gear again)

There's a button to override the automatic stop-start, so that the engine will never cut out when in neutral and, instead, will always remain on. The button is one of the group of 4 buttons where the ESP/ACC buttons are located, between the gear lever and the ashtray.

Also, stop-start technology does not operate in certain conditions; e.g. will not operate until the engine has warmed up or if exterior temperature is below a certain point (5 degrees Celcius, I think??).

Will post my driving impressions of this soon.
KJ Byrne
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Full leather, 18"wheels, Multi-function steering wheel, Side window tints, Multimedia socket, metallic paint

Post by KJ Byrne »

Hi Trooper,

Have to say your interior looks very well, really suits the Sumatra :yes: What wheels have you on the car ?
I went for the grey with black leather. I have seen a good few Scirocco's around the country but never in Sumatra.
I was in with my dealer before Christmas with some warranty work and I asked why they stopped the 160bhp, said it was not a big seller.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

KJ Byrne wrote:What wheels have you on the car ?
They are Donington's which are standard on the 1.4 in the UK

S
Morris
Options: WIC Sports pack

Post by Morris »

Trooper wrote:First few pics of new delivery... taken very hastily today....

Was a big gamble ordering Cashmere 'Catch Up' interior - choice was based solely on various pics found on the web - thrilled with how it looks :hyper: :hyper:

More pics to follow...
Hi, Just ordered on Wensday 3/2/2010 - so no delivery date. Can you show more interior pictures as I dont know what to expect. I ordered 'cashmere' aswell......
Nobby
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Post by Nobby »

pcwright wrote:Ordered the same combination for our 1.4TSI DSG 7 in France. Expected mid-Feb. Ordered mid- Dec.
Hi pcwright, where abouts in France are you ?

I'm down near Le Puy en Velay in the 43