B Pillar Tints

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
andycooper606
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: DAB RADIO (for TMS), Winter pack, Parking, cruise

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by andycooper606 »

HI Smithy I went down the broker route first...actually Autoebid and the dealer they offered had an end April car (dooh) but my local dealer beat the figures. Funniest part is that they were the first I tried weeks ago and offered only 2% so it goes to show that homework pays off.

Includes the 2.5% increase! I suppose the silver lining is that I get longer to think of extra's to add on.
markjp
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: Folding Mirrors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Electric 12 Way Seats, Smoking Pack, 90% Rear Tint, Gloss Back Door Mirrors

Post by markjp »

what week commencing will build week 1 be? 28 Dec or 4 Jan?
Shewie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Truffle Leather
Dynaudio
Parrot CK3100

Post by Shewie »

Not sure what's going on at work with the company car situation, I think the heirachy are reviewing the number of motors we have in the department so a few of us could be losing out. I placed my order with our company cars office in September, as of last Monday the VW delaer still hadn't received my order from the lease firm :(
I found out yesterday that despite my order not coming through yet the VW dealers have still honoured my order and got me a cancelled order which is scheduled for week 2 :) Expected delivery date is mid February :) :)

We'll see what happens
Rich
steven24
Options: Cruise Control, Mats

Post by steven24 »

I am starting to become a bit annoyed with VW, my car has been sitting in Portugal for the past 5 days waiting for a boat and according to customer services does not have a boat scheduled for it to be put on. Im sure they have boats it just seems a bit bizzare that my car is getting left so long.

Has anyone else been affected like this?

Cheers
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

steven24 wrote:I am starting to become a bit annoyed with VW, my car has been sitting in Portugal for the past 5 days waiting for a boat and according to customer services does not have a boat scheduled for it to be put on. Im sure they have boats it just seems a bit bizzare that my car is getting left so long.

Has anyone else been affected like this?

Cheers
From what I can see in Setabul, the last ships sailed on Friday and there "appears" to be no Ro-Ro ships expected from anywhere for either UK or Germany. But the Port schedules change daily.

One ship expected at the Setabul port last Friday looks as though it may have been full and sailed by. It was going to call at Sheerness but that's off and it's arrived in Newcastle this morning. Most likely with SEATs from Barcelona, its last port call.

The other ship that did call, seemed to be in port a much longer time than is usual and sailed 17 hours late. That ship is going to Emden.

I guess its - not enough ship free capacity v competing car companies. So guess they are all trying to beat the VAT deadline or minmise their compensation outlay. All adding to the difficulties.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
goofyist
In: Rising Blue
Options: sunroof,cruise

Post by goofyist »

ordered 24th august
build week 48
hear nothing after build
tomorrow dealer get the port list and maybe it will be on the next ship
doesn't it a long wait after build to shipping? :?
steven24

Post by steven24 »

Thanks RW1, I just thought that VW would have anticipated that the cars would be built and arranged some spot hires because they are not going to be making money with cars sitting on the dock for long periods of time.

Anyway, time will tell and I will just have to wait and see what happens.
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Just watching a ship in Bremerhaven. She's small enough to carry just a spot load. She's sailing late tonight by the looks of it and even if she does, it will take a 6 to 7 days to bring the cars to a UK port.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

steven24 wrote:Thanks RW1, I just thought that VW would have anticipated that the cars would be built and arranged some spot hires because they are not going to be making money with cars sitting on the dock for long periods of time.

Anyway, time will tell and I will just have to wait and see what happens.
There's a ship going into Setabul and leaves on the 24th Dec'09 for Emden. Which probably means a dock transfer to a UK bound ship from Emden about Monday 28th Dec.
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
smithy1311
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Cruise Control;
Flat Tyre indicator

Post by smithy1311 »

smithy1311 wrote:Ordered placed 2 December. VW customer services confirmed estimated build date of 'January' but dealer has just been in touch to say estimated build week 04. Fingers crossed.
now pushed back to week 06 apparently, but won't be able to confirm build week for sure until the New Year.
chrisyboyc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Leather,Criuse Control, Dynaudio possible RS6 alloys if i have cash

Post by chrisyboyc »

Just rang VW dealer to add the flat tyre indicator to the order and was told that if I added it it would put back the delivery by 3 WEEKS thought that was a bit mad for a £35 option so decided against Hope the Roc turns up by the end of Feb as i need to sell my Audi before then and cant survive without a car.
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there
alilam
In: Viper Green

Post by alilam »

i ordered mine on 7th September in Hong Kong, my first car in my life... so didnt know all these "build week". Asked the VW in Hong Kong, they just tell me wait their call in mid-Jan~
Still dont know when my car be arriving.

Does build week = the week of the car is completed building?
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

alilam wrote:Does build week = the week of the car is completed building?
Yes it does. It completes and leaves the factory on a day during that Week Number.

To get it to Hong Kong, its probably just been built or about to given the length of sailing time at 15 knots generally to get from Portugal to Emden (distribution point) in Germany, then any other port calls on the way to Hong Kong.

C.
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Gilez
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Folding mirrors, luxury mats, Black leather interior, DAB RCD510 Radio, Sill Protectors

LED side, interior, number plate, puddle and footwell lights.

DRL coded off, so side lights only. Beep for alarm set/unset coded on.

Build Week 5 2010
10.02.10 - on the boat to the UK
20.02.10 - Took delivery

Post by Gilez »

My dealer has just confirmed my build date as being WK 5 in 2010, so should be ready for the new registrations on March 1st :)
I can rely on my car, it's my Roc!!!
oliverD
Options: Panoramic roof
Black leather
19" Lugano wheels
Cruise
Blue Tooth
210 upgrade WK45

Post by oliverD »

Nice one Gilez! It sounds like ours will be born at the same time. I've just had my date confirmed as week 5 too ready for the 1st March...who says Christmas only comes once a year!
AndyInGlasgow
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Xenons, Leather Seats, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Mats, Flat Tyre Indicator.

Post by AndyInGlasgow »

Hey everyone.

I ordered a 2.0 DSG in middle of November.

How soon should the dealer be able to confirm a build date?

At the moment they are as commited as a politician to giving even an estimated date!

Cheers
Andy
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

November. The dealer should have placed the order but it will depend on what allocation they have available for each month. Until they have an available allocation slot, which can run behind you placing the order for upto a couple months. Although, if there are immediate allocation slots available for your dealer, the ordering onto the factory can be done within a couple of days of your visit to the dealers.

C.

(Next ships have sailed from Setabul in Portugal. The express is the L'Audace, left for Sheerness direct on 24.12.09 and arrives Sheerness 29.12.09 at 01:15. The second ship is the African Highway, left 25.12.09 and is going to Emden. )
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
steven24

Post by steven24 »

RW1, I have been trying to track the L'Audace on the Marine AIS website but cant find it do you have any info on it?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

C

do you want to wake the tracking roc thread & throw some ship updates/links in there http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=2&t=3704

S
Anakin
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

My Sisters Shadow Blue GT 2l DSG was build week 52 (last Week). Hope its not a Friday Christmas car lol.
Wonder when its going to turn up, im going to "borrow" it a bit until my Rocco R finally turns up.
Anyone else on here with a build week 52 Car ?
Solar Orange TT RS