B Pillar Tints

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
fastjedi
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Cruise Control

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by fastjedi »

I can only guess when mine was ordered. I filled the form in during September ... It's probably still on the fleet managers desk!
I have no idea when it will be delivered. Makes my mates really mad that I dont need to know!

The way i see it ... If I know the date, and then it is delayed by 6 months because they have run out of knobs for the radio or something, I would be disappointed. This way, I can only be happy when it arrives!
teejay212
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19"Luganos,Panoramic Roof,SatNav,Dynaudio,Parking Sensors,Winter Pack,Cruise Control,Electric Folding Mirrors,Flat Tyre Ind,Rieger R8 Front Bumper & Side Skirts,Oettinger Rear Skirt,Jetex Quad Exhaust,Lowered 25mm,Full Blue & Black Leather Interior & Colour Coded Interior Trims.

Post by teejay212 »

Just got a call from VW CS to inform me my Build Date has been confirmed as W02 - W/C 11-Jan-10 - probable delivery to dealer end Jan '10. It's been a long time coming since order on 15-Jul-09 (20 weeks) - but now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel !!
Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio Sound, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Fitted Mats And A Few Niche Add-Ons !!![/b]
Anakin
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

I have order a R my sister has ordered a GT 2.0 TSi.
The GT was ordered on the 15/10/09 and we have build week 52. Delivery est mid Jan
The R was ordered on the 09/11/09 and no build week yet and estimated delivery is April ! ?
Solar Orange TT RS
rollopre
In: Deep Black
Options: Black leather adjustable seats, Dynaudio, reversing sensors, Xenon lights,cruise control, floor carpets

Post by rollopre »

rollopre wrote:
lewisdtaylor wrote:Spoke to dealer direct this morning. He confirmed my wk48 2.0tdi GT had been built and is currently dockside in portugal awaiting shipment. Scheduled for Wednesday, he also said that there are ships leaving weekly and that they are coming direct into sheerness again, avoiding the tim consuming stop over at emden!!.

Counting down the days now, he has promised Mid december delivery!!

WOO HOO!!! :hyper:
Hopefully my TDI will be on the same boat as CS advised Monday it was in last stage of build.
Followed the Suar Vigo into Sheerness (online) docking at 1400hrs yesterday. Dealer left message this a.m. that my car (build wk 48) was onboard awaiting unloading, will let me know reg. details over w/e.
smithy1311
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Cruise Control;
Flat Tyre indicator

Post by smithy1311 »

My first post! Ordered by 2.0 GT DSG in pewter grey last week from Alan Day VW in London. The receipt for my deposit just arrived and quotes a Comm. No. (commission number?) Is there any way I can convert this into an indication of build date? Dealer's initial estimate was delivery 5th March. Many thank!
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

smithy1311 wrote:My first post! Ordered by 2.0 GT DSG in pewter grey last week from Alan Day VW in London. The receipt for my deposit just arrived and quotes a Comm. No. (commission number?) Is there any way I can convert this into an indication of build date? Dealer's initial estimate was delivery 5th March. Many thank!
Hi Smithy,

Welcome aboard.

No it's not got any secret hidden code in it. Because you have commision number, it means it is ordered on VW's system at the factory and will have a tentative build week completion. Ask your dealer for the build week number, if that is not forthcoming, then have a chat with VW Customer Services. Then add 2 to 4 weeks to the build week to it being with you. If the dealer's date quoted is in your post today, it is based on the commission number week number known to them at present, therefore I doubt you'll find out much difference other than the actual proposed build week.

Build weeks go through several stages, initially its a "think we will build it here", then closer to production it's " building it here", then when all parts are OK to build it, it will go "Production Firm" ( about 3 to 4 weeks before the car's build starts). So although you have a week number soon???, it will possibly fluctuate until 3 to 4 weeks before actual build. Sometimes its a little, sometimes it can jump weeks.

I was lucky, Wk43 build complete at inital dealers feedback on order placement, then 42 for all the way to "production confirmed", then 43 again. Car started in Friday week 42, finished Friday a.m. wk43. Sailed from Portugal 17:00 Friday Wk43, at the dealers in Manchester area Wednesday 15:00 Wk44. Ready Thursday p.m..

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
arkaig
Options: Sunroof, Cruise Control, Winter Pack, Parking Sensors, Folding Door Mirrors, Smoker Pack, Flat Tyre Indicator, Exterior Badge Deletion, Premium Protection pack

Post by arkaig »

Finally got my comm number and phoned VWCS - they're ever so helpful - estimated build week 8. So should be delivered by end March - hopefully! :grin: :grin:
markjp
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Folding Mirrors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Electric 12 Way Seats, Smoking Pack, 90% Rear Tint, Gloss Back Door Mirrors

Post by markjp »

Whats the telephone number for VW Customer Services?

I know I've seen it somewhere on this forum, but searching has drawn a blank so far. :shake:
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

trix » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:38 pm

...information from your dealer you can ring customer services (0800 0833 920), give them this number & they can advise you of ...

C. :)
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
PIP39
Options: Panaramic Sunroof, winter pack, tinited glass, premium phone, rear parking sensors, autohold, fog lights, ipod connector, flat tyre indicator

Post by PIP39 »

Hi All

At last I have just had build week of wk4 advised - so maybe delivery before 28/02/10 for which the dealer has said VW will give a 2.5% discount (saw this on the VW web site for orders placed before 30/11 and for delivery before 28/02/10) to rep the VAT increase- placed my order 30/08/09 !! and dealer has agree to the pre sept 09 increase price.
Cannot wait :)
gavmac89
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Winter Pack, Sensors, Mats, Metal Pedals and Electric Folding Mirrors, Premium Sills and boot liner

Post by gavmac89 »

PIP39 wrote:Hi All

At last I have just had build week of wk4 advised - so maybe delivery before 28/02/10 Cannot wait :)
Hey I have been given a week 4 build too although my order was put through on the 23rd Nov. It would be interesting to keep up to date with yourself and see what delivery times we have both been advised once they go confirmed. Im finding the wait not too bad just now but i reckon it will drag towards the end, how you holdin up?

Cheers
clown99
Options: power fold mirrors, leather seats, 12 way seat adjustment, dab, sills, mats

Post by clown99 »

Ordered mine 8th August, Got a build week 50, I e-mailed dealer today to confirm it is being built, good news he said they must have started it early as it is at stage 3 of 7 what ever that means :) :clap: :hyper:
smithy1311
Flat Tyre indicator

Post by smithy1311 »

Ordered placed 2 December. VW customer services confirmed estimated build date of 'January' but dealer has just been in touch to say estimated build week 04. Fingers crossed.
PIP39
Options: Panaramic Sunroof, winter pack, tinited glass, premium phone, rear parking sensors, autohold, fog lights, ipod connector, flat tyre indicator

Post by PIP39 »

gavmac89 wrote:

At last I have just had build week of wk4 advised - so maybe delivery before 28/02/10 Cannot wait :)
Hey I have been given a week 4 build too although my order was put through on the 23rd Nov. It would be interesting to keep up to date with yourself and see what delivery times we have both been advised once they go confirmed. Im finding the wait not too bad just now but i reckon it will drag towards the end, how you holdin up?

Cheers
Good idea - will post as i get dealer updates - lets hope its not a long saga for both of us :shake: I have tried not to think about it too much but now I know it could be as little as 8 weeks times, starting to get jumpy :clap:
gavmac89
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Winter Pack, Sensors, Mats, Metal Pedals and Electric Folding Mirrors, Premium Sills and boot liner

Post by gavmac89 »

PIP39 wrote:
gavmac89 wrote:

Cheers
Good idea - will post as i get dealer updates - lets hope its not a long saga for both of us :shake: I have tried not to think about it too much but now I know it could be as little as 8 weeks times, starting to get jumpy :clap:
Tell me about it, sometimes when work is boring I go off into a world of my own lol. I seem to have a pretty good relationship with my dealer who is always happy to give me regular updates about build weeks moving and the chances of it getting earlier. Mine is already 6 weeks earlier compared to what i was originally told and if it means getting it before a 2010 plate I think I will take it cause a private plate will be goin on it anyway although March is looking very likely. :yes:
andycooper606
Options: DAB RADIO (for TMS), Winter pack, Parking, cruise

Post by andycooper606 »

Hi new on here
ordered my roc last Saturday dealer told me that there was no allocation now until jan 2010, only then would I get a build week. Looking at my order form the is no comm number and delivery date of June!!

Do not need the roc until may as that's when company car goes back but are they having over on the no allocation until jan bit?

Should I check vw cs?
smithy1311
Flat Tyre indicator

Post by smithy1311 »

I did a lot of ringing round VW dealers to bat down the price and to find out what dealers had some of their December allocation left. The broker I used in the end managed to find me a VW dealer that had some of its December allocation left (which proved to be true as I got my commission number straight away).

As of around 2nd December, the broker claimed there were only a handful of VW dealers in the country that had December allocation left on Sciroccos(although not sure how they know that).

So in answer to your question about no allocation until January, I unfortunately suspect that might be correct for your particular dealer.
rocafella
In: Deep Black
Options: pearl deep black,folding mirrors,flat tyre indicator,parking sensors, ss pedals.

Post by rocafella »

Ordered mine in september, i emailed the dealer as i have had very little coms from him. His reply was...
At the moment your car has been scheduled to be built week 6 of 2010
which is the first week of Feb. Which means that your car should arrive
the last week in Feb or early march. If the car does arrive in march
unfortunately there is nothing I can do about the vat it will go up.

Does this sound about right?

I will be gutted if i have to sign 1st march and get the vat rise.
andycooper606
Options: DAB RADIO (for TMS), Winter pack, Parking, cruise

Post by andycooper606 »

Thanks Smithy I did a lot ringing chasing to get a deal, end up with 8.5% off which seemed like a good deal but not knowing when it's going to built is a real pain
smithy1311
Flat Tyre indicator

Post by smithy1311 »

andycooper606 wrote:Thanks Smithy I did a lot ringing chasing to get a deal, end up with 8.5% off which seemed like a good deal but not knowing when it's going to built is a real pain
Sounds good and consistent with what I was able to get -- think I got about 7% off the current VW list price (but not sure is the list price still includes 15% VAT?) so guess as my agreed price included 17.5% VAT the saving off list price is somewhere between 7% and 9% -- call it 8%! I think I just got lucky finding a broker that knew of a dealer that had December allocation left.

Broker also seemed to be one of the few that was transparent in their website pricing that VAT at the higher 17.5% rate was included in the price -- I nearly went for a deal with another VW garage and only at the last second did he raise the fact that his price only applied if 15% VAT was in-force.