Options

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
silver130
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Re: Options

Post by silver130 »

I have the Dynaudio option and am more than happy with it. The sound is crystal clear with more than enough bass for most situations. IMO the standard system is perfectly ok but if anything suffers from sounding a little flat in the mid range and can distort at higher volumes whereas with the Dynaudio this is never an issue plus crank up the volume and the upgraded speakers come into their own.
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

easybreeze wrote:All,

"My order has been placed last week but with this whole VAT decrease talk I'm thinking of cancelling"

Easybreeze, keep an eye on "is my Roc £500 cheaper" thread in the forum.

If this is confirmed you may have a little more money to play with without having to cancel your order. As long as you don't have a fixed build week you can add optional extras.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
cpjames
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensor, SatNav/DVD, Mats
Dynaudio
Est. Build Week 10

Post by cpjames »

Hi Guys,

Just been reading through and am also not sure. I will go and have a listen before i order but i was just wondering if anyone had head the difference between option 2 for in car entertainment:

DVD touch-screen With 61⁄2" colour screen, 30 GB hard drive, SD card reader, MP3, WMA and DVD video data
navigation/radio system 2, 3 files compatibility and AUX-in socket for connection to external multimedia source
(e.g. iPod and MP3 player). Including multifunction computer (Highline)

and option 4

DVD touch-screen With 61⁄2" colour screen, 30 GB hard drive, SD card reader, MP3, WMA and DVD video data
navigation/radio system 2, 3 files compatibility and AUX-in socket for connection to external multimedia source
with ‘Dynaudio’ soundpack (e.g. iPod and MP3 player). Including multifunction computer (Highline) and 8 channel
digital amplifier, 300 watt output with 8 speakers

The dealer i spoke to didnt seem all that sure but the main diff i can see is that option 4 specifies 300 watt outpur 8 speakers and option 2 doesnt specify anything, so what do you get in terms of speakers/wattage for option 2?

Not bothered about CD changer as I will use my mp3 player so i think its between these two. Option 2 is £380 quid cheaper than option 4 so i assume of a lower standard but it seems unclear as to what the lower spec is?

Any help is as always greatly appreciated :-)

Chris
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Option 4 has the Dynaudio sound pack, I have the standard 'option 2' speakers in my car and they do the job well. I think my car however only has 4 speakers 2 front and 2 rear, no additional AMP, I think the AMP it uses is built in the unit.

Other members could give you more info on the Dynaudio pack.
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

The standard system comes with 8 speakers!! Four tweeters and four main speakers!! speakers are by the feet and the tweeters are at the top, hope that helps :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

The dynaudio badges only cost about £3 each from the dealer, for those who dont want to pay for it :D
silver130
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

As i understand it. the Dynaudio has active speakers which means every speaker has it's own amp. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

silver130 wrote:As i understand it. the Dynaudio has active speakers which means every speaker has it's own amp. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Nope, its just a single multi channel amp mounted in the car (looks to be under a seat) to drive the speakers. Different speakers are fitted aswell.
silver130

Post by silver130 »

Andy-GTI wrote:
silver130 wrote:As i understand it. the Dynaudio has active speakers which means every speaker has it's own amp. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Nope, its just a single multi channel amp mounted in the car (looks to be under a seat) to drive the speakers. Different speakers are fitted aswell.
Thanks Andy-GTI i stand corrected. :yes:
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

The parking sensors available for factory order are only for the rear I believe, so who can explain this photo?

iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
LCM
Options: Anthracite Leather - Dynaudio - Parking Sensors - Electric Mirrors - No Badge - Winter Pack - Mats - Tyre Indicators - GT Steering Wheel Badge - Metal Pedals - Premium Cills - Private Plate T20 ROC. Superchips Bluefin Remap 250bhp/400Nm

Post by LCM »

Looks like the park assist to me that is in the Toureg - not seen it mentioned on the Roc though?????
My Roc was fast - but now its FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roc On!!
ABN1C
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Leather, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Smokers Pack, Piano Black Interior Trim, Fiscon Bluetooth, Covered Cup Holder, Metal Pedals

Post by ABN1C »

iambu wrote:The parking sensors available for factory order are only for the rear I believe, so who can explain this photo?

It looks like a Golf dashboard and not a Scirocco. It doesn't make much sense that front sensors aren't available when they are so freely available on other VW cars.
NunoPT
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Sport Pack

Post by NunoPT »

that's not a Scirocco dashboard. look at those scroll wheels near the temp LCD
Bagwafu
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Now with APS Remap and Milltek Cat Back Non Resonated

Post by Bagwafu »

NunoPT wrote:that's not a Scirocco dashboard. look at those scroll wheels near the temp LCD
heated front leather seat controls ...........
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

Air vents are the wrong shape for th roc and they haven't got the chrome trim.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

its a golf, may be one specced with the parkign assist function
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

The dash looks like the new Golf although the dials are old therefore it could easily be an old production model.

If you go to the confirgurator of the Golf you can spec front and rear parking sensors as well as a rear view camera with lane assist, the new Golf is coming with a lot of options from the start although I can't see Xenon’s or DSG as options at the moment.

ImageImage
£445......................................................£587