Is my Roc £500 cheaper?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
martdy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Is my Roc £500 cheaper?

Post by martdy »

As the little Darling has just reduced VAT by 2.5% and my cars not built yet Is it going to cost me £500 less? :clap:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Re: Is my Roc £500 cheaper?

Post by rehmondo »

£500 nice!

Find out more about that Aero Dynamic Sports kit for the rocco, or spend the savings on extras like Sills or Elec seats, I would do that as you were prepared to spend that £500 on the car before, so nothings really changed apart from now you can add the last remaining extras possible seen as you've selected everything else!

Your car is going to be a cracker!
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

I'm wondering that too. I'll be mailing the dealer tonight.

It's not VW's money that's being lost, it's Darlings. So I wonder how they will handle that. Mine not even being built for another 4 months.
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Yep , the Ali pedals ,sills etc were on my to do list when I collect the car.Seriously considering that body kit now though .I can see me ringing the stealers again :pOr should I add the winter pack-No It'll be spring by the time she turns up!Oh decisions decisions.
One good thing about the long wait though! :clap:
rehmondo wrote:£500 nice!

Find out more about that Aero Dynamic Sports kit for the rocco, or spend the savings on extras like Sills or Elec seats, I would do that as you were prepared to spend that £500 on the car before, so nothings really changed apart from now you can add the last remaining extras possible seen as you've selected everything else!

Your car is going to be a cracker!
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

martdy wrote:Or should I add the winter pack
I was thinking you might be better off with that, as it will come with the headlight washers which you will need should you in the future want to add Xenons? I don't know what your feelings on that is, but it does look rather cool when the washers pop out - but not a necessity.

Aero kit is sweet, I'll consider it next year when the finances are a bit better but something occurred to me, I may need to ditch the rear mud flaps as the rear kit looks a diff shape to the mud flaps fitting - I don’t know, I hate spending money on stuff and then not using it, so that sort of put me off the kit for now.
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

Better save it to pay the extra duty on fuel. :eyepop:
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

If I can get the money off it'll be my first years insurance premium paid for. I think I'm specced up how I want now.
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

My dealer is not commiting to anything until there Financial Director has investigated. However it took me five minutes today to find this on the HMRC website which hopefully answers our query?

Q9 I signed a contract before 1 December for something that I will receive and pay for on or after 1 December. Are there any general rules about whether the price should be adjusted?

Yes. VAT law (section 89 of the VAT Act 1994) provides that contract prices should always be adjusted where the VAT rate changes before the sale is made (unless the parties have agreed to a contract which explicitly removes the need for such adjustment).
:D

I am no lawyer but for me it's there in black & white. Potentially saves me £518. Fingers Crossed, as soon as i have feedback from my dealer i will let you know.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
easybreeze
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

The dealer isn't losing money so it shouldn't be a problem... they buy the car minus VAT and just charge you it on top - sure you'll be fine.
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
ABN1C
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Leather, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Smokers Pack, Piano Black Interior Trim, Fiscon Bluetooth, Covered Cup Holder, Metal Pedals

Post by ABN1C »

It's worth remembering that the amount you'll be saving due to the VAT change won't be 2.5% of the total price of the car. For example, if the car is £20,000 in total including VAT you will save £20,000 divided by 117.5, then multiplied by 2.5 (£425.53).

This is because the £20,000 figure is made up of the price of the car and the amount of the VAT, so you should only take 2.5% of the price of the car into account as your saving (if that makes any sense).

You should therefore see a saving of about 2.13% on the total you pay. Still a very decent sum and would cover another option or two.
martdy

Post by martdy »

Thanks for all the info guys :yes:
I spoke with my dealer today and although VW havent confirmed (probably have to update all their prices) she seemed to think I would be saving some dosh :clap:
So I did some sums ,ummed and arred a bit and thought SOD IT ! What credit crunch and have added leather and winter pack to my order :jump:
As they are honouring the discount I'm getting thru Broadspeed I think it's only(ONLY!!) going to add £1000 ish to my total.
My justification -I need the lumbar adjustment :hyper:
Now got to change my Sig details again.
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

Just worked out I would save £520 if they give it the nod. Not heard back from the dealer yet.
:munch:
danwuk
With a: Manual box
Options: Flat Tyre warning, Leather, Cruise, Mats

Post by danwuk »

dealer called me today, getting a cheque back for £4 hundred and something :)
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

My dealer just confirmed that the VAT payable will be that applicable on the date of delivery, ie 15%.

Kerching! 524 notes saved.
paulmaddocks
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Black Leather, DAB Radio, Folidng mirrors, Parking sensors, Mats, Flat tyre indicator. Extras: Metal pedals, Boot liner, Premium Door sill trim.

Post by paulmaddocks »

Slightly annoying for those who picked thier cars up last week!!!

Had I know about this I could have just about justified to myself holding off until 1st Dec!!!

Nevermind.....
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

That's life mate, good job they didn't increase the VAT to 18.5% just now or we'd have a forum full of angry members.

I got mine over a month ago, would I have liked a £500 discount hell yeah but since I can't I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

The only thing I'm miffed about is depreciation, my car has lost £500 in value in 1 week alone. I'm waiting on my "rescue package" from the government as I feel I played a part in "stimulating" the economy by buying from a UK dealer :clap:
martdy

Post by martdy »

When I was chatting with my stealer she told me 2 people who had collected their new Rocs last week rang to see if there was any money back - sadly not! :grumpy:
JaseW
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

yeah it's a real downer for those who have just collected!

Overall now is the perfect time to buy, before the VAT increase in 2010.

My only concern is sorting finance. I usually leave it until the month before, but looking around there aren't many good deals out there.

What are dealers offering at the moment? I asked mine, but they weren't too forth coming with the info :no:
I luv Roc!
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

JaseW wrote:yeah it's a real downer for those who have just collected!

Overall now is the perfect time to buy, before the VAT increase in 2010.

My only concern is sorting finance. I usually leave it until the month before, but looking around there aren't many good deals out there.

What are dealers offering at the moment? I asked mine, but they weren't too forth coming with the info :no:
There are some killer finance deals, you've just got to push for them. I financed my Roc last week at 4.25 flat. The dealer wanted to do the finance through VW but I knew Black Horse was doing that rate so told him to call Black Horse. Remember the dealers make a lot of money on the finance if you let them.
Roc'n'roll
In: Salsa Red
Options: Leather, parking sensors

Post by Roc'n'roll »

I popped into my dealer (Crewe VW) to pay for my Rocco yesterday. I'd delayed taking delivery to take advantage of the VAT drop; £504 in my pocket rather than paid to the Treasury. Thanks Darling.

I had hoped to get the car on Monday, but the dealer said that they've been told by VW not to deliver any motors until they've been issued new paperwork from VW central. He says they're not even allowed to calculate the new prices for customers, rather they have to wait to be told what to charge. I had to do the maths to calculate my revised bill (not exactly tricky) and paid that figure. The dealer monkey wouldn't even agree whether I'd done my sums correctly. Very frustrating.

Now I have to wait 'til VW sorts its act out and distributes the new paperwork.

Anyone else experienced this?