B Pillar Tints

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
retsila
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: parking sensors, folding mirrors

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by retsila »

It the trade of goods act, if 21 days after the 'estimated delivery date/timescale' you still don't have the product, you can issue a 'time of essence' demanding delivery with 7 days. If after this 7 days have passed you don't have the goods, you are free from any contract & can get your deposit back. look at your purchase order (Item 9 I think)

Essentially the 'Time of essence' is a letter to the retailer telling them you want the goods in 7 days, otherwise under act something or other you can cancel with no financial penalty/costs to yourself.

I threatened this route of action to my dealer, and very nearly took it, but at the end of the day I really wanted the car, plus the fact that due to the price increase, the discount I got, and the fact the car would be on the showroom floor, he could probably make about £4k more by selling it to someone else.
ashley1407
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Cruise Control, Metallic Paint, Fiscon Bluetooth, Bleep on locking.

Revo Remap.

Post by ashley1407 »

ashley1407 wrote:Just had a call from my dealer. My Roc is listed as Production Complete and he estimates that it'll probably be about 3 weeks before it gets to the dealers. However, from what I've been reading on here, it looks like it might be quicker than that!
They are definitely getting here quickly, it's at the dealers now!!
gavmac89
Options: Winter Pack, Sensors, Mats, Metal Pedals and Electric Folding Mirrors, Premium Sills and boot liner

Post by gavmac89 »

Just had an email from my dealer saying that they have had a cancellation and it is now on order at the factory :hyper: I have been told build week 6 for next year and should have the car for mid March but going by some of the times on here it may be sooner than that.
lewisdtaylor
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: leather, mirrors, parking sensors, scirocco mats (freebie from dealer!), autoglym paint protection (also a freebie!!)

Post by lewisdtaylor »

Mine went to build this morning, hopefully wont be much longer!!!

Anyone have any idea how long they are taking to get here atm?
Scooby-Doo

Post by Scooby-Doo »

Friends 1.4 TSi was build week 47,been told today it's at Emden awaiting shipping.
rollopre
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black leather adjustable seats, Dynaudio, reversing sensors, Xenon lights,cruise control, floor carpets

Post by rollopre »

lewisdtaylor wrote:Mine went to build this morning, hopefully wont be much longer!!!

Anyone have any idea how long they are taking to get here atm?
Sounds as though your 170TDI is at the same stage as mine - care to swap your Candy White for my Deep Black (having second thoughts)? When I spoke to CS yesterday they said there was no ship allocated my car as yet. Delivery should be 3-4 weeks, I was told, subject to ship allocation. Let's hope Xmas slow-down doesn't stretch that past December.
cuprarleon
Options: rear parking sensors, retrofitted RNS510
Orderded 30 August 2009
Confirmed Build week 47
Delivered 14 December 2009

Post by cuprarleon »

Our's is also still waiting shipment from Emden, it 's been there for a week now, although originally quoted as build week 48 then 47 -was actually started in week 46.
Was told today still not consigned to a ship.
Ordered 30 August -dealer September Allocation. Bog Standard Candy White 140 TDI GT-with rear parking sensors (for the Wife You Know..)
dealer reckons first week of December but that is an improvement on the date originally given -Christmas Eve.
Why is is now that the Rocs are going to Emden, when previously week 44 and 45 came direct from Portugal I believe, according to some posts on here.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

cuprarleon wrote:Why is is now that the Rocs are going to Emden, when previously week 44 and 45 came direct from Portugal I believe, according to some posts on here.
It was also the case of Wk40/41 & Wk42/43 came direct, making 3 separate shipment loads. At a guess, it may be that these were part of a "bulk" UK order which made it worthwhile for the ships to call in at the UK on the way to Emden. Emden is VW's export distribution centre for the factories. Perhaps the Portuguese factory hasn't produced that many Sciroccos destined for the UK in very recent weeks as previous. Just means it will come across with the Golfs and Polos etc., noting that I have friends with Golfs & Polos doing exactly the same at the moment, ie. no ships. Smacks a little like VW haven't booked enough shipping slots with the ship operators.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
lancs_lad
In: Salsa Red
Options: DAB Radio, Parking Sensors, Multi Function Steering Wheel, Tyre Pressure Sensors

Post by lancs_lad »

Ordered my 1.4TSi 1st week in October. I've spoken to VW CS today and been given a provisional build date of week 5 with delivery approx 1st week in March which is what the dealer expected when I ordered.
steven24
Options: Cruise Control, Mats

Post by steven24 »

I'm sorry if this has been answered but I was just wondering is it true that if your build week is say week 48 (for example) your car can actually be built and on its way to the UK in week 47, i.e. built a week early? And also does anyone know how long it is currently taking to get the cars from Portugal to the UK?

It would be helpful if anyone knows this, cheers.
lewisdtaylor
Options: leather, mirrors, parking sensors, scirocco mats (freebie from dealer!), autoglym paint protection (also a freebie!!)

Post by lewisdtaylor »

Spoke to dealer direct this morning. He confirmed my wk48 2.0tdi GT had been built and is currently dockside in portugal awaiting shipment. Scheduled for Wednesday, he also said that there are ships leaving weekly and that they are coming direct into sheerness again, avoiding the tim consuming stop over at emden!!.

Counting down the days now, he has promised Mid december delivery!!

WOO HOO!!! :hyper:
rollopre
In: Deep Black
Options: Black leather adjustable seats, Dynaudio, reversing sensors, Xenon lights,cruise control, floor carpets

Post by rollopre »

lewisdtaylor wrote:Spoke to dealer direct this morning. He confirmed my wk48 2.0tdi GT had been built and is currently dockside in portugal awaiting shipment. Scheduled for Wednesday, he also said that there are ships leaving weekly and that they are coming direct into sheerness again, avoiding the tim consuming stop over at emden!!.

Counting down the days now, he has promised Mid december delivery!!

WOO HOO!!! :hyper:
Hopefully my TDI will be on the same boat as CS advised Monday it was in last stage of build.
rocccosiffredi
Options: I never ordered a 170!!!!!!!

Post by rocccosiffredi »

Ordered mine back in august.....delivery date is 14th dec.......hope i get it within a few days of that.
bichti@gmail.com
In: Sumatra
Options: R-Line Plus; 18" Mallory; DSG; DAB; parking Sensors; cruise control

Post by bichti@gmail.com »

Hi, I've ordered mine about 2 weeks ago. Dealer said delivery is end of March. No estimated or confirmed build week as of yet.
Do you guys think that end of March is realistic?
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

I would ask the dealer for the VW "Commission Number" (6 digits) as that means the Scirocco has been ordered at the factory. That should generate a first indication of when the factory thinks the Scirocco will complete build (Week Number). Then add 2 to 4 weeks to that to get to the dealers. So end of March to you means built around Wk09 or 10 ish.

My order was placed in the VW system the following day, but for some it can take a dealer upto several weeks for the order to be passed into the VW system. Getting hold of the Commission Number lets you know also that they are not juggling around their factory allocations, ie, waiting until their next allocation slots to order become available to the dealer next month or following month rather than getting on with it this month.

Recently some factory orders for the 170TDi engine have been longer than other models due to popularity shortages at the factory in Portugal.

The quoted timescale to you is typical at present if its a new factory order for your specified Scirocco plus your options. Don't forget that there may be some holiday stoppages at Christmas/New Year planned.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
steven24
Options: Cruise Control, Mats

Post by steven24 »

Hi I just got told my car is at check point 5 what is check point 5? Hope anyone knows, how soon after would I probably take delivery?

Cheers
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

there are 8 checkpoints of build, I don't know what each one specifically is before you ask but you are over half way & its only monday so thats good. as a comparison mine was at check point 5 on a tuesday & was complete by the wednesday.

S
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Ditto......., it's built. ........... below vvvv for mine, check 5 was 22/10/09, dockside complete 23/10/09, sailed 24/10/09.

Yours getting to the UK is now dependent on a ship sailing. Did read here, the next is Wednesday 02/12/09. So it should be on board this ship.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3507&start=40

So not long before you have it.

C.
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Deb
Options: Cruise control, flat tyre indicator

Post by Deb »

I ordered mine mid September, got an email this morning saying it'd be ready on 05 February, rang the dealer only to be told I could have it mid January. I've put it back to March so I can have the 10 plate on it; I'll only whinge that it didn't look new for long enough otherwise. And yes; I know how ridiculous that is.
gavmac89
Options: Winter Pack, Sensors, Mats, Metal Pedals and Electric Folding Mirrors, Premium Sills and boot liner

Post by gavmac89 »

Had more news from my dealer today, it has been moved forward 2 weeks from build week 6 to build week 4 although this is not confirmed but looking promising which hopefully will mean a delivery for 1st March just in time for the new 10 plate! If it keeps getting earlier i will have to tell them to hold onto it until then although i was considering putting my own reg on it so it wouldnt really matter. What to do what to do........
Any ideas???