Black roof lining

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
easybreeze
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Black roof lining

Post by easybreeze »

Is the black roof lining standard on the GT or just the 2.0 TSI? I'm sure it is the GT model but can't think for the life of me where I got that info - now questioning myself! :scratch:
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
danbailey77
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre Indicator and mats.

Re: Black roof lining

Post by danbailey77 »

I don't remember seeing it as a desctption so maybe its standard on the car. The audi A3 only had a black roof lining in S-Line spec. Is that what you are thinking?
easybreeze
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

danbailey77 wrote:I don't remember seeing it as a desctption so maybe its standard on the car. The audi A3 only had a black roof lining in S-Line spec. Is that what you are thinking?
Yeah. The review on youtube of the 1.4 vs 2.0 had a white roof lining... I guessed it was a GT thing as the 1.4 is non GT... I'm guessing it could be a pre-production thing? The other thing which is strange is the black surrounds of the air vents in some pics - what's that about???
sir_dozalot
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Current. Dynaudio Premium Audio, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Reverse Parking Sensors.
On Order. Indium Grey 2.0TDI 170, 19" Luganos, Xenon Headlights, Dynaudio Premium Audio, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Reverse Parking Sensors, DAB tuner, Colour Multifunction display.

Post by sir_dozalot »

i know this is an older thread but, before ordering my roc i had a 2.0TSI GT rising blue out for a test drive and it had black headlining. a week later the dealer had a candy white diesel in, also GT spec. it however had cream coloured headliner. as far as i could see the only diff was the colour and the engine. is the black headlining limited to specific colours or the 2.0TSI engine :shrug:
easybreeze
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

that's interesting! Love the black roof lining but some state it makes it too dark... I love that personally :)
DavidH
Options: Vienna Leather, Xenons, Dynaudio, Factory Bluetooth and Mats

Post by DavidH »

I don't even know what colour mine has, i guess it's black? I'm obviously not very observant. Or interested in roof liners :D
adamj
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Post by adamj »

I love the black roof lining.

I remember first seeing the concept a few years back on a BMW 3 Series and was well impressed. :yes:

Nice touch on the GT I think.
chr15

Post by chr15 »

Always a fan of the black lining. Once you go black you never go back :rolleyes:
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

chr15 wrote:Always a fan of the black lining. Once you go black you never go back :rolleyes:
lol

This was a £200 option when I went to spec an Audi A5, you should have seen the smile on my face when I saw it was standard in the Scirocco :D
jphealy

Post by jphealy »

easybreeze wrote:
danbailey77 wrote:I don't remember seeing it as a desctption so maybe its standard on the car. The audi A3 only had a black roof lining in S-Line spec. Is that what you are thinking?
Yeah. The review on youtube of the 1.4 vs 2.0 had a white roof lining... I guessed it was a GT thing as the 1.4 is non GT... I'm guessing it could be a pre-production thing? The other thing which is strange is the black surrounds of the air vents in some pics - what's that about???
The black roof lining comes with the 2.0TSI only I think. But I think it also comes on any model if you spec leather.

The black vent surrounds come with the Sport Package, which is only an option in other European markets, not UK. The Sport Pack includes the metal pedals, black roof lining (if it's a non 2.0TSI without leather), black vent surrounds, tinted rear windows (again, if it's a non 2.0TSI), mats I think, and that Catch-Up upholstery you might have seen in some pics of cars tested on the continent - its a mix of leather, alcantara and cloth.
easybreeze
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

Why do we not get these options here? Surely they come from the same factory!!! The sports pack sounds ace - half leather :yummy:
tartangti
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smokers Pack!

Post by tartangti »

easybreeze wrote:Why do we not get these options here? Surely they come from the same factory!!! The sports pack sounds ace - half leather :yummy:
Because Germany (like Japan) has never 'really' forgiven us for winning the war and regularly takes revenge by giving us more limited and generally inferior spec choices! That's my theory anyway :)
easybreeze
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

:lol:
hell-boy
In: Sumatra
Options: Pano.roof, Xenon, Folding mirrors, Alcantara/cloth, ACC, Cruise, Flat tyre indicator, Winterpack, Smokerspack, Pedels.

Post by hell-boy »

Think is more a strategy issue from the main dealers.
We for example dont have the ACC as standard. Also we get the RCD310 (radio) while u guys get the rcd 510. So there are some differances !
jphealy

Post by jphealy »

The UK is the only market (as far as I know) where ACC and the RCD510 are standard. It's also the only market with a GT trim level. No such thing elsewhere - we just pick which options we want. Also, I think it's the only market where there are only 3 engine choices. The rest of Europe gets a forth: the 1.4 TSI PS122.

Why is the UK treated so differently?
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

jphealy wrote:Why is the UK treated so differently?
Apparently we drive on the wrong side of the road lol
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Look on the bright side guys. With the current exchange rate we're getting the cars cheaper than the Germans :clap:
If you go to the German VW Site Konfigurator and spec your car up to UK levels it's about 10k Euros cheaper over here! :hyper:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
jphealy

Post by jphealy »

You UK guys are not getting a bad deal! The car is cheaper and better specced in UK. The only downside is that you can't spec the catch-up upholstery (which does look pretty nice in pictures, and would certainly be a cheaper alternative to the leather) or the 122PS engine (why you'd want to do that anyway, I've no idea - in Ireland it's only €1,405 cheaper than the 160PS and it's in the same emissions based tax bracket, and fuel consumption is hardly any better at all (much closer to the 160PS than the 140PS diesel)).
jphealy

Post by jphealy »

For anyone in the UK who's trying to "look on the bright side", consider this: At the moment, I'm going to have to wait about a year before I can afford to order a 1.4 TSI 160PS, whereas if I lived in the UK, I could have a fully loaded 2.0TSI GT by now. That's the difference in a nutshell.

Sorry this has nothing to do with the black roof lining!
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

jphealy wrote:For anyone in the UK who's trying to "look on the bright side", consider this: At the moment, I'm going to have to wait about a year before I can afford to order a 1.4 TSI 160PS, whereas if I lived in the UK, I could have a fully loaded 2.0TSI GT by now. That's the difference in a nutshell.

Sorry this has nothing to do with the black roof lining!
why dont you import one? :D