Anyone else ordered one?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Anyone else ordered one?

Post by trix »

:waves: Hi Real Thing

Good luck hearing if you're one of the lucky ones, as with our others on tender hooks..

Have any of you rung the dealer to chase..?

S
Anakin
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

Real Thing wrote:Only just joined Scirocco central so 1st post (be gentle please :D )
I expressed an interest in a Golf R September 15th with a £500 deposit but as no order book was open then, no dealer (anywhere) could guarantee me a Car got a phone call Friday 30/10/2009 from my local Dealer (who I placed the Deposit with) to say VW were now taken orders for a limited amount (500) and the pricing had been decided so as the only real advantage of the Golf over the Scirocco was the 4wd system and as I already have a EVO X FQ330 with 4wd I asked if I could switch my deposit to the scirocco as they look so much nicer (imo) no problem but I would need to spec it asap as VW need a firm fixed spec order by fax but even than I would still not be guaranteed a Car until VW came back to them was told by the 16th which reading on over forums seems what most were saying (Which has now passed and still not heard anything)
I ordered Candy White DSG with Black Leather 19" Alloys DVD Say/Nav Electric Drivers Seat & Cruise Control (retro fitted as it's cheaper)
Not sure how VW will allocate there orders but as they seem to be more orders than Vehicles available I think some of as may be disappointed and although I may have place a order well before others it still doesn’t place me any nearer the top of the list so good luck everyone and like the rest of you I’m waiting to see if I’ve got an order for the new R :yes:
I spoke to my Dealership this morning, they advised they dont know if they have a Car for me. They are still waiting to hear from VW. I was advised that they were inundated with Orders.

Fingers crossed
Solar Orange TT RS
martinjrose
In: Deep Black
Options: Pretty much all the trimmings

Post by martinjrose »

just put down my hefty £2000 deposit :( excited but also feel a little sick, have to let them know about colour by friday
martinjrose

Post by martinjrose »

oh they also gave me 3 years free servicing with a big push
dutch_boy
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Dyn Audio

Post by dutch_boy »

Ordered Viper green Scirocco R with Dyn audio pack last week, waiting build date confirmation now . Hopefully delivery will be around early March :)
Had a Salsa red GT for the last year and can't wait to get the R, the GT has been one of the best cars I've ever had. The red one was bought as an ex demo, nice colour but the green is something else, saw one at Stonor park and Malvern fest this year , pics don't do it justice looks far better in the metal.
Anakin
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

trix wrote::waves: Hi Real Thing

Good luck hearing if you're one of the lucky ones, as with our others on tender hooks..

Have any of you rung the dealer to chase..?

S
I rang today to change RCD510 Dynaudio to RSN510 Dynaudio, was advised that they had not heard anything yet. But they do know that VW have been inundated with orders for the new R's, ie more orders than cars available. So I guess some of us at least might be disappointed.

If I don't get one, I might keep the R32 and get a supercharger for it :P
Last edited by Anakin on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solar Orange TT RS
spamdog
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

I rang today aswell, salesman busy and surprise surprise ...no return call!
Gotta say i thought i had a good chance with being first at my dealer but im not so sure now ...and i may cry!
dutch_boy

Post by dutch_boy »

After reading the concerns over order allocation on here I spoke with my dealer today, who in turn contacted Milton Keynes...
He confirmed that there is only an allocation of 500 cars for the UK at present and that for the first two weeks of ordering cars were to be supplied on a first come first served basis and after that things might change.
But the most important part is that so far the have not taken 500 or more orders. So as things stand today all orders placed will be supplied from the first production batch, and it is now just down to getting a production week. For my order placed last week this is thought to be around early to mid March but this might be improved upon.
sounds promising :D
spamdog
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

dutch_boy wrote:After reading the concerns over order allocation on here I spoke with my dealer today, who in turn contacted Milton Keynes...
He confirmed that there is only an allocation of 500 cars for the UK at present and that for the first two weeks of ordering cars were to be supplied on a first come first served basis and after that things might change.
But the most important part is that so far the have not taken 500 or more orders. So as things stand today all orders placed will be supplied from the first production batch, and it is now just down to getting a production week. For my order placed last week this is thought to be around early to mid March but this might be improved upon.
sounds promising :D
That would be amazing, i'm holding mine back for the march registration anyway.
Just need something concrete from my dealer now :?
RO55EEE
Options: Leather, 19" wheels, Speaker upgrade.

Post by RO55EEE »

Confirmed spec with dealer today (as I put deposit down before the release date) was told allocations had not yet been finalised but should expect to receive delivery around the 25/03/10. :-)
LadyRocR
Options: Dynaudio, Panoramic Roof, 19" alloys

Post by LadyRocR »

dutch_boy wrote:Ordered Viper green Scirocco R with Dyn audio pack last week, waiting build date confirmation now . Hopefully delivery will be around early March :)
Had a Salsa red GT for the last year and can't wait to get the R, the GT has been one of the best cars I've ever had. The red one was bought as an ex demo, nice colour but the green is something else, saw one at Stonor park and Malvern fest this year , pics don't do it justice looks far better in the metal.
HURRAH! we have the full set! Congrats on taking the plunge for a Viper green! Love the colour but I am not brave enough :rolleyes: The dealer had one in the garage last year with black alloys and it looked AMAZING!

ANd like me you are going from GT to R :)

good luck in securing your order! I am still waiting! Order placed on Nov 1st!

LadyRocR
x
timjones100
Options: Sound pack, phone prep, 19's and folding mirrors.

Post by timjones100 »

Placed my order the day they allowed it, should know tomorrow date of delivery!!
spamdog

Post by spamdog »

Still waiting for dealer to reply ...only taken 29 hours so far :no:
martinjrose

Post by martinjrose »

Yes I paid my deposit and they said they would reserve my car until i decide on colour, black or blue black or blue :(
LadyRocR
Options: Dynaudio, Panoramic Roof, 19" alloys

Post by LadyRocR »

martinjrose wrote:Yes I paid my deposit and they said they would reserve my car until i decide on colour, black or blue black or blue :(
Mmmmm - I honestly can't advise! I have ALWAYS bought Black cars so no other colour would do for me. I 'think' that black may have easier resale (am sure someone may correct me on that one though :rolleyes: ). But then I also think that black is quite common on Rocs - as is white! I think I have only ever seen one Roc that wasn't black or white! It was fab Viper Green :)

My dealer currently has 3 rocs on his forecourt - all used I think and all 3 are bright blue - sorry I don't know the official colour! The look quite striking - but not to me personal taste

LadyRocR
x
martinjrose

Post by martinjrose »

yeah i agree my roc is black now, its just that r's seem to want to be blue, its like a signature colour
spamdog

Post by spamdog »

spamdog wrote:Still waiting for dealer to reply ...only taken 29 hours so far :no:
43 hours and counting :grumpy:
spamdog

Post by spamdog »

Still nothing heard anyone? This kinda sux :shrug:
Real Thing
Options: 19" Alloys, Black Leather Trim, Sat/Nav. Cruise Control & Electric Drivers Seat

Post by Real Thing »

spamdog wrote:Still nothing heard anyone? This kinda sux :shrug:
My dealer just called to confirm spec said he is waiting for a commission number and I will definitely get a White Scirocco R when they arrive next year but cannot give me a delivery date yet :clap:
dutch_boy

Post by dutch_boy »

Heard back from my dealer yesterday, my order has been confirmed with the factory and production week should be advised in the next couple or three weeks or so. Anywhere from mid feb to late march for delivery which doesn't seem too bad, I've waited that long for standard cars before.
As I am handing my existing 'Roc in early ( don't like driving cars Ive traded) I'll be digging my old 1973 1303 beetle out , still not all bad as it has a 1776cc engine and various other go faster bits but it's a total sleeper.. so although not quite as fast as the 'Roc ( but not that far behind to about 70) what it looses in speed you gain in suprise factor , especially rewarding when it's a BMW behind :)