Electric Seat Issue....

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
regandjuk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: dynaudio, leather, mirrors, electric seat, tyre pressure gauge

Electric Seat Issue....

Post by regandjuk »

Might be a silly question, but my manual states that the buttons on the shoulder of the driver's seat can be used to slide it forwards and backwards to allow entry. It also states that the 'back' button will, if pressed, return the seat to it's last memory point if the seat has been slid forward. Is this a misprint, am I doing something wrong, or does no-one else's car do this?!

Cheers guys!
17th October - Now it's finally mine :) :) :)
leekb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Re: Electric Seat Issue....

Post by leekb »

I did not know this. I tried and it worked as described. :yes:

Use the shoulder button on the driver seat to slide seat forward. To return seat to original position, press and HOLD the "slide back" shoulder button. The seat slides backward and will stop at last memorized position. Release the shoulder button. :clap:
regandjuk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: dynaudio, leather, mirrors, electric seat, tyre pressure gauge

Re: Electric Seat Issue....

Post by regandjuk »

leekb wrote:I did not know this. I tried and it worked as described. :yes:

Use the shoulder button on the driver seat to slide seat forward. To return seat to original position, press and HOLD the "slide back" shoulder button. The seat slides backward and will stop at last memorized position. Release the shoulder button. :clap:

Thanks - I had it in on Friday having the ubiquitous wiper issue looked at and, after abuot half an hour, the dealership worked out you had to hold it down :) :)

Cheers for the help!
17th October - Now it's finally mine :) :) :)