Another one.

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
squareeyes
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensor, Dynaudio, Mats, Sills, Pedals, Supaguard

Another one.

Post by squareeyes »

Picked up mine today manual in Sumatra with merlin interior, ordered this before there were any demos available so this has been my first drive.
First impressions are really good the drive is as expected very similar to the A3 this replaces, same engine so no big surprise there, not missing 4WD yet will see when it gets cold.
It appears to be a bit more responsive, which is a nice surprise. Only down side is some of the interior plastic is a bit cheap, oh and there is no where to put a road atlas!
Still not seen another one on the road yet.
Oh and I've uploaded a couple of pictures to the gallery
rehmondo
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Re: Another one.

Post by rehmondo »

That colour is the shizzle, the next time I order a Scirocco that will be my choice. Its just as mysterious like the Black but in the sunshine it will stand out just as much as the Viper Green.

Again, I'm pleased for you that this has come out so good.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

you won't miss your a3, i don't :)
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
hell-boy
Options: Pano.roof, Xenon, Folding mirrors, Alcantara/cloth, ACC, Cruise, Flat tyre indicator, Winterpack, Smokerspack, Pedels.

Post by hell-boy »

Congrats and enjoy !!!

How u like the color of the car ? Is it wat u expected ?
risingblue1
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat Nav, Private plate

Post by risingblue1 »

squareeyes wrote:Picked up mine today manual in Sumatra with merlin interior, ordered this before there were any demos available so this has been my first drive.
First impressions are really good the drive is as expected very similar to the A3 this replaces, same engine so no big surprise there, not missing 4WD yet will see when it gets cold.
It appears to be a bit more responsive, which is a nice surprise. Only down side is some of the interior plastic is a bit cheap, oh and there is no where to put a road atlas!
Still not seen another one on the road yet.
Oh and I've uploaded a couple of pictures to the gallery
:clap:

Another one in Herts - we will overtake Oxfordshire soon :lol:

Where are you based? i work around Hatfield so will keep my eyes open for you :eyepop:
Mr_Twister
In: Deep Black
Options: Anthracite leather, xenons, winter pack, cruise, Satnav and Dynaudio, foldable mirrors, flat tyre indicator, pano roof, parking sensors, electrically adjustable front seat, bluetooth, mats, premium sills and I think that's all...

Post by Mr_Twister »

squareeyes - am seriously tempted now by the Sumatra. From your perspective, is there any truth to the suggestions that it looks kind of burgundy/brown/muddy/red (delete as appropriate!) as some forumites say? I must say, on your pics at least, it just looks like a beautiful very dark grey.
squareeyes

Post by squareeyes »

Where are you based? i work around Hatfield so will keep my eyes open for you
I live in St Albans and work in Hemel so it is possible. I have not seen you though and I have been keeping an eye out for Sciroccos for the last couple of months.
squareeyes - am seriously tempted now by the Sumatra. From your perspective, is there any truth to the suggestions that it looks kind of burgundy/brown/muddy/red (delete as appropriate!) as some forumites say? I must say, on your pics at least, it just looks like a beautiful very dark grey.
I can't see that in it, to me it looks like dark gun metal. I will get some opinions over the next few days and post back, the guy in the dealership did say he thought there was a hint of red in the sample but I struggled to see it so who knows perhaps I am a bit colour blind. As I mentioned in the Pewter vs Sumatra thread the worst representation of the colour is the one on the VW site which makes the car look dung brown, very 70's BL!
danbailey77
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre Indicator and mats.

Post by danbailey77 »

I'll have to keep an eye out for you as i'm in St Albans too. Looks great on the pictures. The VW site was the same with Rising Blue, looked awful on there but love it in the flesh.
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

:welcome: mate. Nice looking car, ENJOY. :yes:
JaseW
In: Candy White
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

Looking good there, I must admit seeing your images has mad me re-think whether to change colour before my build date is confirmed...

would it be possible for some more pics... pretty please...
I luv Roc!
squareeyes

Post by squareeyes »

JaseW wrote:Looking good there, I must admit seeing your images has mad me re-think whether to change colour before my build date is confirmed...

would it be possible for some more pics... pretty please...
Here you go more of the same colour wise added to my gallery. In the car park under artificial lights it looks very black. Under street lights it looks dark grey. I saw an S3 today that I think must be the colour someone suggested this was and it is not, as that had a strong purple tint.

I hope this helps.
steve
Options: panoramic sunroof, truffle leather, winter pack, dynaudio soundpack, parking and tyre sensors, cruise control, carpet mats

Post by steve »

I pick up my car on March 1st.... same colour, looks fantastic.

Thanks for posting the pics