B Pillar Tints

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
skyblues11
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by skyblues11 »

i was told this today. I knew it was too good to be true. i was originally told i will get it inside 2009...

"I have spoken to Volkswagen this morning regarding your vehicle. I’ve asked them why the unconfirmed build week has now gone. They have advised me that this has happened because in week 45 there will be several changes to a lot of Volkswagen models. The Scirocco engines will not be changing but there are slight changes to the standard and optional equipment. This is as follows:

-Needle design change on speedometer – additional black line around the outside of the needle
-RNS 510 navigation system to include integrated voice control
-2.0 210ps and 2.0 140ps TDI CR – visual gear change recommendation for manual gearboxes displayed in multifunction computer
-All trims – air conditioning controls – change of design
-Optional GT – new individual leather in beige and black (not in conjunction with candy white)

Volkswagen have advised me that after week 45 your vehicle should be issued with a build week again. The lead time for these vehicles are so long and until a vehicle goes into a confirmed build week we can’t guarantee any lead time. Hopefully your vehicle will go back into a build week soon so that it will be built and delivered this year. I will keep checking the build week and as soon as I know anything I’ll let you know"

i have given up...

should have ordered a handbuilt Morgan!
rocknob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: RCD-510 6 CD Changer

Post by rocknob »

Just got an update...my car is in Bremerhaven waiting to get on a ship for South Africa. Apparently it leaves tomorrow and gets to South Africa on the 5th of November.
Ex - Rising Blue 2.0 TSi.
Current - Tornado Red Golf 7 GTi
candystar
Options: Leather, cruise, mats, parking sensors

Post by candystar »

Got an update from the dealer today... apparently my roc is showing as in "body shell check 3". Does anyone know what this means- is it still in Portugal or in Germany now?? The dealer also said my car was about 2 weeks ahead of where it should be... not sure how this works as i was confirmed for week 42 build (maybe just trying to make me feel better)... not long now, hang in there all of you that are still waiting.
boss1812
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Post by boss1812 »

there are 8 stages in the factory that the car passes through when being built.
yours is at stage 3, body shell being fitted :shake:
Downtown_two
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: -
19" Talledega
Recaro Seats
Cruise Control
Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Post by Downtown_two »

God...wish I got THAT much detail from my dealer. I think I've had 3 updates, 2 of which I had to chase up. Built, In Port and On Ship. He was supposed to contact me when it arrived in the UK which should have been last weekend, think I'll make a phone call right now!
GT 140 TDI
Ordered - 19th July 2009
Built - 21st September 2009
Pickup - 21st October 2009

Gone!
egobreed
Options: Nada!

Post by egobreed »

mrp wrote:Happy days - mine is arriving on Friday :hyper:

So that was ordered 9th June, built week ending September 11th (37?) and now only 3 days till delivery!
Hey, that's good...my order was done the day before yours but because it's a company car it's hard to get information. I get third-hand updates from my boss, so I know that it's been built and is on its way. Hopefully I'll get back to the office in the next few days and it'll just be sitting there, gleaming in the pale grey Glasgow sun...
badpanda
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Run Flat Indicator, Window Tints, Interlagos Alloys, Fogs, Dynaudio, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steeringwheel, Premium Mats.. I NOW HAVE NOTHING !

Post by badpanda »

I'm same as u egobreed, hard to get info. But the good info was that I should be picking my car up from "pale grey Glasgow sun" on Wednesday or Thursday next week. Whoop
egobreed

Post by egobreed »

Just got word from the head honcho at work; it should finally be here on tuesday morning! Er, woot woot, or something!

It does present me with a dilemma though: I'm going to a gig at the Barrowlands next Friday night, and I normally just drive. But am I going to want to leave a brand new Scirocco, in Candy/Steal-me/Gangsta White, parked in the Gallowgate? (For people that don't know Glasgow, um, the answer is no.)
Downtown_two
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: -
19" Talledega
Recaro Seats
Cruise Control
Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Post by Downtown_two »

You could park in the west end and walk? Although I once parked there with 2 wing mirrors and left with none.
GT 140 TDI
Ordered - 19th July 2009
Built - 21st September 2009
Pickup - 21st October 2009

Gone!
egobreed

Post by egobreed »

Tell me about it, my Golf got keyed in broad daylight when it was only 2 weeks old - in posh Dowanhill. Sorry, getting a bit off topic...
mrp
In: Sumatra

Post by mrp »

Glad it's nearly here egobreed - mine arrived this morning and I took it for a spin down to Brighton for a meeting I just happened to arrange down there for this afternoon - fun!
tommc

Post by tommc »

I got my build date today week 49 :nod: hopin it doent slip though ive asked about changing from the 2.0 TDI 140 to the 170 hopin that wont make it slip much if it does stickin with the 140.

Tom
lancs_lad
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: DAB Radio, Parking Sensors, Multi Function Steering Wheel, Tyre Pressure Sensors

Post by lancs_lad »

Car ordered today :D Estimated delivery March 2010 :cry: At least it'll have the new reg I suppose. Relatively good deal though with just under 8% discount.
leanneq
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Xenons, Parking sensors, tyre pressure indicator, folding wingmirrors.....and dynaudio....and smokers pack even though i don't smoke!

Post by leanneq »

I just phoned vw customer service, i'm showing unconfirmed build week commencing 7th December, not sure what week that is but its going to be tight for the 15% VAT!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Leanne
go speak to them & raise the concern, they seem to be absorbing it if you ordered in plenty of time to get the car before the vat hike (ie their screw up with production) but worth checking (& getting confirmation on writing)

S
SPOGSHD
Options: Sunroof, 19" alloys, bluetooth, rear parking senses, folding mirrors, winter pack, Xenon lights, black leather seats, dynaudio.

Post by SPOGSHD »

confirmed for week 45, ordered 18 August, should get all the new changes. :clap:
Perfect timing. :D
Ordered 18th Aug, now confirmed for week 45
30th Oct, I'm at check point 4, half way through my build.
2nd Nov check point 5
5 Nov At Dockside
At the dealers Fri 20th Nov
Drigbyy2k
In: Viper Green
Options: Bi-xenon headlights... Flat tyre indicator... Winter pack... Door sills... Metal pedals... Aftermarket alloys...
Location: Highlands of Scotland (15miles south of John O'Groats)

Post by Drigbyy2k »

Yeah I'm the same leanne...

Been bumped back to week 50, its depressing...

Although there is time for it t move forward a week or two (just resist the urge to add anything extra to it) so it could end up being a very nice xmas present...

Just get into your head you wont have it until after xmas then if they happen to phone the week b4 xmas an say its ready to be picked up, you can be happy....

Dom...
leanneq
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Xenons, Parking sensors, tyre pressure indicator, folding wingmirrors.....and dynaudio....and smokers pack even though i don't smoke!

Post by leanneq »

Well i ordered 31st August so we'll have to see. Surely if it's built and on its way by 31st Dec they'll have a chassis number so can draw up an invoice. Here's hoping :)
egobreed

Post by egobreed »

Gentlemen (and ladies?), I am happy to report that, 19 weeks after ordering, I have just been for the first drive in my new Scirocco.

I can't wipe the grin off my face. It's awesome. Photos to follow...
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

congrats ego, pics in the delivery room asap!

S