Build Week 38

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
CraigusMaximus
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Electric folding mirrors

Build Week 38

Post by CraigusMaximus »

Hi Guys and Gals - for those of you with build week 38 - Any trace of your car yet?

I expected mine to have arrived by now - am i jumping the gun? My Lease manager doesnt seem to know where it is either, my last update was on 1st october saying "due to arrive any time now".

Getting very frustrated, I have now waited 19 weeks for the damned thing!

thanks

Craig
pafa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
Options: Winter Pack
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Electricable Foldable Door Mirrors
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
RCD 510 Dynaudio Soundpack
Flat Tyre Indicator
2 Zone Electronic Climate Control
Rear Tinted Windows

Re: Build Week 38

Post by pafa »

Im also BW 38 - i can collect the car on friday - but, thats in Denmark, not UK
silver130
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

Not quite what you are looking for. But to give you an idea. Mine was built week 38 last year and i got it two days after the dealer got it. Oct 22nd.
I took mine in for it's first service last week and the salesman who sold me mine said getting hold of Scirocco's now is nigh on impossible. The factory have scaled down production and reduced allocation to the dealers.He said if i had ordered one the day i went in last week the next factory allocation their dealer group (which is not a small concern) would get will be next January the you can add the 12-16 week wait for it to be built :eyepop:
To say they are frustrated is an understatement. Even an average spec Golf is a 4 month minimum wait now.
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
CraigusMaximus

Post by CraigusMaximus »

silver130 wrote:Not quite what you are looking for. But to give you an idea. Mine was built week 38 last year and i got it two days after the dealer got it. Oct 22nd.
I took mine in for it's first service last week and the salesman who sold me mine said getting hold of Scirocco's now is nigh on impossible. The factory have scaled down production and reduced allocation to the dealers.He said if i had ordered one the day i went in last week the next factory allocation their dealer group (which is not a small concern) would get will be next January the you can add the 12-16 week wait for it to be built :eyepop:
To say they are frustrated is an understatement. Even an average spec Golf is a 4 month minimum wait now.
Cheers silver130 - even though that is not the answer i wanted to hear! So basically, I shouldnt really expect delivery until the end of october / start of november :cry: :grumpy: There is no way I would have ordered this car if i'd known it was going to take this long.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Craig

if yours is built you won't be waiting that long, it will depend how it hit the shipping schedule. mine has now been built this week, i spoke to vw customer services today & they said i should expect delivery at latest early Nov. Build to delivery is roughly 3-4 weeks, there should be no reason for this to becomes stupidly long unless there are problems with shipping & vw customer services did not advise of any problems when i asked today. based on the timescales that everyone else has had recently it should arrive this week or next roughly.

if you can get hold of your com number (commission number) ring vw customer services and ASK!! not sure if they can tell you the status with out it :shrug:

as Silver said their comment was slightly off topic in that they were saying about placing an actual order now not build to delivery timescales.

S
runway09

Post by runway09 »

CraigusMaximus wrote: Cheers silver130 - even though that is not the answer i wanted to hear! So basically, I shouldnt really expect delivery until the end of october / start of november :cry: :grumpy: There is no way I would have ordered this car if i'd known it was going to take this long.
Ah it will be worth it! At least your on the home straight. When mine was made in Wk34 it wasnt too long before i picked her up (Sept 16th).

Hang in there buddy.
regandjuk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
Options: dynaudio, leather, mirrors, electric seat, tyre pressure gauge

Post by regandjuk »

Be interested to hear when you do get a date.....mine was BW 39 and I was told it was still shipping in the early part of this week (although I am probably being a bit impatient lol)
17th October - Now it's finally mine :) :) :)
CraigusMaximus

Post by CraigusMaximus »

I think maybe I am being impatient...

Just had my weekly update from my lease manager
The dealer is expecting your car to arrive anytime now, they will call me when it arrives and I'll be in touch with you to make arrangements.
Which is literally the same email as last week, just forwarded.

Ive told him that my car needs to be on the first available transporter for delivery once its been prepped by the dealer. (never mind making arrangements I will happily take delivery day or night!)
At this rate, im expecting a minumum of 2 weeks more to wait.
Downtown_two
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: -
19" Talledega
Recaro Seats
Cruise Control
Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Post by Downtown_two »

regandjuk wrote:Be interested to hear when you do get a date.....mine was BW 39 and I was told it was still shipping in the early part of this week (although I am probably being a bit impatient lol)
Oh good news, that means mine should be on the ship too...not that my dealer has told me so. Last I heard (early last week) it was in Emden Port awaiting shipping. I hope you will let us all know when yours arrives so I can go kick my dealer in the face if I still haven't heard from him.
GT 140 TDI
Ordered - 19th July 2009
Built - 21st September 2009
Pickup - 21st October 2009

Gone!
Downtown_two
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: -
19" Talledega
Recaro Seats
Cruise Control
Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Post by Downtown_two »

...and with almost scary timing my dealer just emailed. My Roc is "on ship" just now and should dock at Sheerness at the weekend which apparently is waaaay down south so it wont be with the dealer until the end of next week. Should be able to pick her up a couple of days after that *fingers crossed*
GT 140 TDI
Ordered - 19th July 2009
Built - 21st September 2009
Pickup - 21st October 2009

Gone!
CraigusMaximus

Post by CraigusMaximus »

Wahooo!!!!!

Just rang the supplying dealers, the car is due with them today, so i'll have it next week :clap: :clap: :D :lol: