Passenger Seatbelt alarm fault?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Pedronimus
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Black Leather Interior
Rear Parking Sensors
Bluetooth
Dynaudio
Cruise Control
Flat Tyre Indicator

Passenger Seatbelt alarm fault?

Post by Pedronimus »

Hello,

I've recently noticed that my seatbelt alarm goes off when a passenger gets out then I drive away without re-starting the engine. If I turn the car off then re-start it it's all fine, but if I jsut drop someone off then drive away the blinking alarm sounds.

I'm guessing this is a fault yeah? Does anyone else see this?

Thanks in advance
alanstead
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Bi xenon, Electric folding mirrors, Cruise control, Winter pack, Flat tyre indicator, Mudflaps, Rubber mats, Boot liner, LED sidelights, Upgrade cornering bulbs, LED interior lighting, Upgrade DRL's, Premium sill trims, Alloy pedals, RNS510, Rearview camera, Bluetooth.

Re: Passenger Seatbelt alarm fault?

Post by alanstead »

Mine doesnt do that, but really annoyingly, when I get home and go to reverse in to my drive, I take my seatbelt off just as I'm stopping, maybe doing 5mph, then it continues to bing the whole way up the drive and then wont shut up till you turn off the ignition. I feel as its not law to wear a seatbelt when reversing that the alarm shouldnt activate during reversing. It seems to confuse it taking the seatbelt off before I completely stop. But lets be honest, who has the time!! I think deactivation by Vagcom is called for!

Alan
alanstead
Options: Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Bi xenon, Electric folding mirrors, Cruise control, Winter pack, Flat tyre indicator, Mudflaps, Rubber mats, Boot liner, LED sidelights, Upgrade cornering bulbs, LED interior lighting, Upgrade DRL's, Premium sill trims, Alloy pedals, RNS510, Rearview camera, Bluetooth.

Post by alanstead »

Oh, mine does do that as well. Dropped off someone today and it did put the seatbelt binger off until I switched off the engine and started again. Bugger!
samwell
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Black Leather, Dynaudio, DAB, Metal Pedal Caps

Post by samwell »

Pedronimus, any update on this at all? I have the same problem and it does seem to be a fault. If I stroke the seat gradually decreasing the pressure it does eventually stop. Bloody annoying though! :mad:
2.0 TSI
ashley1407
Options: Cruise Control, Metallic Paint, Fiscon Bluetooth, Bleep on locking.

Revo Remap.

Post by ashley1407 »

samwell wrote: If I stroke the seat gradually decreasing the pressure it does eventually stop.
I get the impression that you love your Roc a bit too much! :lol:

Just messin'
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

alanstead wrote:Oh, mine does do that as well. Dropped off someone today and it did put the seatbelt binger off until I switched off the engine and started again. Bugger!
Normal operation!

It will last for 90secs. See Booklet 2.1 Safety First in the service wallett. It can be disabled by the dealers or presumably VAG-COM for the passenger side.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
samwell
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Black Leather, Dynaudio, DAB, Metal Pedal Caps

Post by samwell »

ashley1407 wrote:
samwell wrote: If I stroke the seat gradually decreasing the pressure it does eventually stop.
I get the impression that you love your Roc a bit too much! :lol:

Just messin'
Haha, I knew someone would comment on that. You don't want to know what I do to the exhausts... :eek:

So this is normal, seems a bit of a strange thing for it to do?
2.0 TSI
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

I've certainly never noticed this after dropping people off, I don't think it is normal
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1