Can't believe the delivery time!

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
PIP39
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Panaramic Sunroof, winter pack, tinited glass, premium phone, rear parking sensors, autohold, fog lights, ipod connector, flat tyre indicator

Re: Can't believe the delivery time!

Post by PIP39 »

trix wrote:Welcome Pip

that sounds abit suss to me based on other peoples delivery timescales recently.
i don't think anyone has said anything about allocations being scrapped, just that in june dealer allocations were reduced to roughly 1 per month they couldn't scrap the allocation system (imo) as it was cause chaos with orders & the factory would be overrun which it almost is already with the number of orders hence the allocation restrictions.
yes it is likely that the dealer you have placed your order with has run out of allocations but there are dealers who still have allocations meaning you would not have to wait this long!! you would just have to travel abit further. 7 months is pretty unreasonable to ask you to wait imo, i would shop around for a dealer with an allocation available (see this thread for starters http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=2&t=3127)

S
Thanks for the advice - think will ask some more questions with the dealer and if not happy will try and cancel order - soooo looking forward to getting it (at some point :rolleyes: )
AndyPK
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: Sunroof and Cruise

Post by AndyPK »

Hi Guys, I'm in your boat on the waiting list times, but the light is at the end of the tunnel for me.....

My order is a company car, which I think has slightly different lead times from private buyers??

My order got to VW on June 4th and it was on the boat from the factory yesterday so I'm gussing a couple of weeks away now. Candy White 2.0 TFSI GT. Shame I have missed the summer months :-(

It has been a loooong wait, but stay strong!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Welcome Andy

that lead time sounds round about the same as us private buyers, with the number of orders they've had they can't prioritise against one market or other.

S
regandjuk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
Options: dynaudio, leather, mirrors, electric seat, tyre pressure gauge

Post by regandjuk »

stevieboy wrote::( :grumpy: :mad: :( :grumpy: :? :cry: :mad: :( :eek: :cry: :cry: :grumpy: :mad: :(

Ordered mine on the 27th of July with an estimated build week of 40 - this week!

Had a call over the weekend to say that it had been postponed indefinately!!! They can't even tell me when I'm likely to get it and warned it could be as late as January!!!! That's over 5 months!

Volkswagen are being cagy with the dealer only saying they were having trouble building enough 170 Diesels - guess what mine is........... [the same problem is effecting the Golf GTD's as well apparently]

The dealer has offered to refund my deposit so I can go elsewhere BUT I WANT MY ROC! Plus, if I wanted another factory order car I'd have another wait to start all over again.

The big problem was that my current car has come to the end of the lease plan and has to go back. However, the dealer has promised to loan me a car for the duration so I guess I'll just have to sit it out. Will be picking that up next week.

Should get the Roc just in time for the snow - nice! [and it's white!]
Ouch, that's not good dude......possibly worth your checking with VW Customer Services in MK (someone on here can give you the number I'm sure), especially if you can get hold of your comms number from your dealer (if it's not on your deposit form) to see what's going on. I've got a 170 TDi on order which was built wk 39 and is currently either being shipped or waiting for shipment and I ordered same day as you - wasn't warned about any shortage of 170's.....might be your dealer playing silly b*gg*rs - don't suppose you changed any options at the last minute or anything?
17th October - Now it's finally mine :) :) :)
SPOGSHD
Options: Sunroof, 19" alloys, bluetooth, rear parking senses, folding mirrors, winter pack, Xenon lights, black leather seats, dynaudio.

Post by SPOGSHD »

Has anyone who ordered in August got a definite build week yet.
Ordered 18th Aug, now confirmed for week 45
30th Oct, I'm at check point 4, half way through my build.
2nd Nov check point 5
5 Nov At Dockside
At the dealers Fri 20th Nov
JohnH
In: Viper Green
Options: Pano roof, bi-xenon lights, parking sensors, electric fold mirrors, dynaudio, anthracite vienna

Post by JohnH »

Popped in to the dealer's today:-

Ordered 21st August
Provisional build week 44 :clap:

No new engine - but I get the car earlier than I expected (assuming no slippage)
leanneq
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Xenons, Parking sensors, tyre pressure indicator, folding wingmirrors.....and dynaudio....and smokers pack even though i don't smoke!

Post by leanneq »

That's good! I ordered a week after you so fingers crossed for me. I'm showing week 45 but my dealer is being honest and saying that he can't see that happening!
stevieboy
Options: Dynaudio Sound, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, Badge Deletion, H&R Springs, Revoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Post by stevieboy »

regandjuk wrote:
stevieboy wrote::( :grumpy: :mad: :( :grumpy: :? :cry: :mad: :( :eek: :cry: :cry: :grumpy: :mad: :(

Ordered mine on the 27th of July with an estimated build week of 40 - this week!

Had a call over the weekend to say that it had been postponed indefinately!!! They can't even tell me when I'm likely to get it and warned it could be as late as January!!!! That's over 5 months!

Volkswagen are being cagy with the dealer only saying they were having trouble building enough 170 Diesels - guess what mine is........... [the same problem is effecting the Golf GTD's as well apparently]

The dealer has offered to refund my deposit so I can go elsewhere BUT I WANT MY ROC! Plus, if I wanted another factory order car I'd have another wait to start all over again.

The big problem was that my current car has come to the end of the lease plan and has to go back. However, the dealer has promised to loan me a car for the duration so I guess I'll just have to sit it out. Will be picking that up next week.

Should get the Roc just in time for the snow - nice! [and it's white!]

Well! Just when you thought life was a bed of roses along comes some clown with a bloody great shovel and starts digging.........

Parked my current car up on Monday night outside my mates house and some spineless low life has smacked it and done a runner!

In four years, two weeks and five days, covering over 90,000 miles there was not a single mark on that car, not even a car park or trolley ding. Now, 6 days before it has to go the front wing looks like a prop forwards ear!

Instead of chasing the Scirocco order time saga I'm now running around trying to get 'Dave the Dent' booked in to save the day.

Oh the joys of life........... :grumpy:
.... I smile because I have no idea of what's going on ....
stevieboy
Options: Dynaudio Sound, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, Badge Deletion, H&R Springs, Revoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Post by stevieboy »

...... And the dish washers packed up..........Now, wheres the tea towel............. :cry:
stevieboy

Post by stevieboy »

regandjuk wrote:
Ouch, that's not good dude......possibly worth your checking with VW Customer Services in MK (someone on here can give you the number I'm sure), especially if you can get hold of your comms number from your dealer (if it's not on your deposit form) to see what's going on. I've got a 170 TDi on order which was built wk 39 and is currently either being shipped or waiting for shipment and I ordered same day as you - wasn't warned about any shortage of 170's.....might be your dealer playing silly b*gg*rs - don't suppose you changed any options at the last minute or anything?
No, I didn't change a thing. Mine was ordered with DSG also, although I can't see the problem being a 'combination' issue. The longer it drags on the more I'm inclined to think I'm not getting the full story. Will chase VW at MK after the weekend.
joe4186
In: Rising Blue
Options: Cruise Contol, Winter Pack, Dynaudio, Mats, Parking Sensors, Tyre Pressure Sensors

Post by joe4186 »

if i rang up my dealer and asked for the odd additional option say dynoaudio, would it set my build week back??? been quoted build week 46 about 5 weeks ago.
SPOGSHD
Options: Sunroof, 19" alloys, bluetooth, rear parking senses, folding mirrors, winter pack, Xenon lights, black leather seats, dynaudio.

Post by SPOGSHD »

joe4186 wrote:if i rang up my dealer and asked for the odd additional option say dynoaudio, would it set my build week back??? been quoted build week 46 about 5 weeks ago.
Hey, I did that today, they said they would come back to me.
I also changed the wheels to 19" three weeks ago. I wounder if week 46 is a run on 170 tdi's . I will settle for week 46 with the change's.
Oh and welcome.
2nd Nov check point 5
5 Nov At Dockside
SPOGSHD

Post by SPOGSHD »

joe4186 wrote:if i rang up my dealer and asked for the odd additional option say dynoaudio, would it set my build week back??? been quoted build week 46 about 5 weeks ago.
Update, had no problem upgrading to dynoaudio and I have the same build week of 46. :clap:
2nd Nov check point 5
5 Nov At Dockside
rollopre
Options: Black leather adjustable seats, Dynaudio, reversing sensors, Xenon lights,cruise control, floor carpets

Post by rollopre »

SPOGSHD wrote:
Update, had no problem upgrading to dynoaudio and I have the same build week of 46. :clap:
I tried to get flat tyre sensor added to my order (can't believe I missed speccing this £35 accesssory) and was told my order 'would potentially go to the back of the assembly line ... as VW systems consider it a new order'. Don't know if I would get same response if I wanted to add an expensive accessory and it was just that the dealer couldn't be a*sed ... :?
SPOGSHD

Post by SPOGSHD »

rollopre wrote:
SPOGSHD wrote:
I tried to get flat tyre sensor added to my order (can't believe I missed speccing this £35 accesssory) and was told my order 'would potentially go to the back of the assembly line ... as VW systems consider it a new order'. Don't know if I would get same response if I wanted to add an expensive accessory and it was just that the dealer couldn't be a*sed ... :?
It all depends if your order was confirmed or not.
2nd Nov check point 5
5 Nov At Dockside
leanneq
Options: Black Leather, Xenons, Parking sensors, tyre pressure indicator, folding wingmirrors.....and dynaudio....and smokers pack even though i don't smoke!

Post by leanneq »

When i got my current car ( mini convertible) the waiting list was 5/6 months. I kept adding loads of things before it was frozen and it made absolutely no difference to when i got the car.
I think your dealer is having you over!
alo6
In: Salsa Red
Options: winter pack, cruise control, electric folding mirrors.

Post by alo6 »

i ordered on the 20th august and got told a delivery to dealer on the 7th December. i have been told recently im unconfirmed build week 46. happy days,

under 5 weeks till bertie is born! yeha!
build week 46!
Jed
Options: Only 19's...

Post by Jed »

Ordering a Scirocco is a bit like one of those dreams where you are trying to catch up to something and never quite manage to reach it...

...up to 23 weeks now and the delivery date just keeps moving on up by 5 days every time we get close :) ...oh there it goes again!
SPOGSHD

Post by SPOGSHD »

alo6 wrote:i ordered on the 20th august and got told a delivery to dealer on the 7th December. i have been told recently im unconfirmed build week 46. happy days,

under 5 weeks till bertie is born! yeha!
If your lucky, very lucky. I ordered on the 18th so watch this space.
2nd Nov check point 5
5 Nov At Dockside
tonytroc
In: Sumatra
Options: DAB radio, mats

Post by tonytroc »

I have just ordered hopefully for Jan/Feb. Anyone who needs to order would be better finding a current allocation slot as I did. The only Oct other slot that I know is with JCT600 Wakefield contact John Miller. Good luck :clap:

Forgot to add we can't decide on the colour would like either Black Pearl or Pewter Grey. We have seen the Black Pearl :yes: but not yet seen Pewter Grey, would love to but they seem thin on the ground. Perhaps a good photo would do or if any are near to Kendal could travel?