week 45 model changes

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
martdy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Re: week 45 model changes

Post by martdy »

Miss GT wrote:Has anyone else seen the updates on VW Uk website yet? It gives the 210PS details but no data as expected. My main concern is the interior choices seem to have changed - black leather has gone to be replaced by anthracite leather instead. I only ordered mine on Tuesday and I will be very, very angry if I get anthracite leather! I have got grey leather at the moment and it's horrid :grumpy:
Your OK, anthracite leather is black :yes: Not the grey of the early mk5 golfs - Yuk!
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
Miss GT
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Black Vienna Leather
DVD Nav
Cruise Control
Folding Wing Mirrors
Flat Tyre Indicator
Luxury Carpet Mats......
And for Xmas it's getting a Tracker Response!

Post by Miss GT »

Thank goodness for that! The grey truly is yuk! I will b able to sleep tonight now :)
nickp
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Anthracite Leather, Dynaudio Soundpack, Park Sensor, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smoking Pack,
Carpet Mats. GT Steering Wheel Badge, Metal Pedals, Pewter Arsenal Key Ring.

Post by nickp »

Miss GT wrote:Has anyone else seen the updates on VW Uk website yet? It gives the 210PS details but no data as expected. My main concern is the interior choices seem to have changed - black leather has gone to be replaced by anthracite leather instead. I only ordered mine on Tuesday and I will be very, very angry if I get anthracite leather! I have got grey leather at the moment and it's horrid :grumpy:
You never could actually get black leather for the Roc. It's always been anthracite which some people call black for some reason but it's actually dark grey.
I've got it in my pewter Roc and think it looks great :vibes:
leanneq
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Xenons, Parking sensors, tyre pressure indicator, folding wingmirrors.....and dynaudio....and smokers pack even though i don't smoke!

Post by leanneq »

Well my dealer called me today to confirm my changes ( just some bits i've added). He also said that my car is provisionally showing now as build week 45! He's going to find out on monday if he can confirm i'll have the new engine or not. More importantly surely if its built in week 45 ( i know this could change) my car will be arriving much before February as i was expecting?! I was thinking i'd be having a 10 reg but maybe i will have a 59...
alymac
In: Candy White
Options: dvd nav, dynaudio,cruise,parking sensors,leather,19"s,

Post by alymac »

ive got a unconfirmed build date of 45, but mines the arm saving model. so not bothered about the engine but would like any other changes!
leanneq
Options: Black Leather, Xenons, Parking sensors, tyre pressure indicator, folding wingmirrors.....and dynaudio....and smokers pack even though i don't smoke!

Post by leanneq »

alymac wrote:ive got a unconfirmed build date of 45, but mines the arm saving model. so not bothered about the engine but would like any other changes!
I'm not convinced there is going to be, hope so!
AgaZaKa
In: Viper Green

Post by AgaZaKa »

I just checked German brochure and I realised I've already seen some of the new features on Scirocco Meeting in Germany in September. Black and beige leather looked really good with Candy White. (page 21 in the brochure).
Scirocco mk2 GTI 1983 & Scirocco mk3 2.0 TSI DSG Viper Green (sold)
leanneq

Post by leanneq »

My dealer has called and they have changed my engine to 210 on the system so i am definitely getting it :)
Gary_Monkey
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car ordered 30 June 2009.
Car built Build Week 43.
Car built and at check point 5 (20/10)
Car now at check point 7 (21/10)

Build week 45 model year change

Post by Gary_Monkey »

Hello all

This is a question to anyone who knows any more about the 'small model year change' due for build week (bw) 45.

I emailed my dealer to ask him about any of the proposed bw 45 modifications. He only confirmed the change to the 2.0 TSI engine bhp increase. He know nothing about any of the other mods! (i.e. new a/c control until, key-less ignition, piano black interior finish, reversing camera and engine stop/start function).

Does anyone have any facts about these mod scheduled for bw 45. The reason I'm keen to know is that my car is to be built anywhere between bw 43-45. I don't want to miss out by one build week if the mods are confirmed for bw 45.

Cheers
Gary_Monkey
Car now at docks waiting to board ship. Due to sail Sat 24 Oct! 23/10
Car now at a UK port being checked. 26/10)
Car still at the port of Sheerness until 3 Nov. Grrr 29/10
Car at dealers and being prepped. 3/11
Car Deliverd :-) 10 Nov 2009
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Gary

I have merged this into the topic already running for all info relating to the week 45 changes.

there is still no confirmation either way on whether the changes are coming in on the standard models or not.

S
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: Build week 45 model year change

Post by RW1 »

Gary_Monkey wrote:
Does anyone have any facts about these mod scheduled for bw 45. The reason I'm keen to know is that my car is to be built anywhere between bw 43-45. I don't want to miss out by one build week if the mods are confirmed for bw 45.

Cheers
Gary_Monkey
Gary, my dealer recognised the changes and I've asked if my car is delayed beyond Wk44 and still not "production confirmed", to have my order amended to include camera fitted. He's put a note on the front of my file. I'm still sitting at Factory Order status for Wk42 build. Just don't believe build will happen now until Wk47. :fall:

Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

leanneq wrote:My dealer has called and they have changed my engine to 210 on the system so i am definitely getting it :)
And to top it all I bet you didn't have to pay the extra £500 :clap:
leanneq

Post by leanneq »

ZephyR wrote:
leanneq wrote:My dealer has called and they have changed my engine to 210 on the system so i am definitely getting it :)
And to top it all I bet you didn't have to pay the extra £500 :clap:
Of course not :)
wongy008
Options: Electric retracting mirror
Winter Pack in conjunction with Bi xenon
Bi xenon
Dynaudio Audio
Black Leather
Sport Pedals
Front and rear mats

Build Week 43 ! ! !

Post by wongy008 »

i wont be getting the 210 engine :shrug:

i have a confrimed build week of 43 :D
i was gonna revo map the car anyway so not really bothered

just want my car as quick as possible
yellowplum
Options: Truffel Leather, 19" Wheels, DVD Sat Nav, Xenon Lights, Bluetooth Phone, Parking Sensors, Drivers Electric Seat, Electric Fold-able Mirrors, Winter Pack, Hill Hold, Flat Tyre Indicator - added VW Racing Springs, and changed Bluetooth to newer model.

Post by yellowplum »

I just ordered my car today, however I was chatting to the dealer and he hasn't go any information other than what has already been announced which is the 10Bhp increase in the petrol model.

Although I have ordered it (fortunately it is with a dealer that has a build slot) we will see if it ends up being week 45 or not as the case maybe! Probably not knowing my luck.
leanneq

Post by leanneq »

yellowplum wrote:I just ordered my car today, however I was chatting to the dealer and he hasn't go any information other than what has already been announced which is the 10Bhp increase in the petrol model.

Although I have ordered it (fortunately it is with a dealer that has a build slot) we will see if it ends up being week 45 or not as the case maybe! Probably not knowing my luck.
Haven't you ordered the diesel though?
When have they estimated you will get your car out of interest?
Gary_Monkey
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car built Build Week 43.

Post by Gary_Monkey »

yellowplum wrote:I just ordered my car today, however I was chatting to the dealer and he hasn't go any information other than what has already been announced which is the 10Bhp increase in the petrol model.

Yellowplum,

My dealer said exactly what your's said. That is.. the only thing he knows about the "supposed build week 45 changes" is the change in bhp size for the 2.0 TSI engine (up from 200bhp to 210bhp).

Let me cut and paste exactly what he said (it's actually an internal memo posted between dealers):

From production week 45, the Scirocco GT 2.0-litre TSI gains an extra 10PS power output and will be more economical than the current engine. The new 210PS engine will have an RRP of £500 more than the outgoing 200PS engine.

Download the latest Scirocco price list below for a full breakdown of the price. The price may change if the confirmed CO2 emissions are different to those forecasted.

All customer-tagged orders placed by close of business on 10 September for the 200PS that are built with the new 210PS engine will be price-protected. From this point, no more factory orders for the GT 200PS can be placed.

Technical information for the new 210PS engine is not expected to be available until early October. The new engine is being announced early because of the high demand and subsequent extended lead times that, in this case, may affect the specification a customer receives compared with their order.

Please notify customers of this change.

Volkswagen.co.uk will be updated on 17 September with new pricing.

I hope this information is useful to some people :)

Gaz
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

exactly Gary, unfortunately there is nothing concrete about these changes (start/stop button, keyless entry, reversing camera option etc) I have emailed my dealer to see if he knows anything but i think they are purely ficticious, especially as built week 45 will soon be upon us.
my person opinion is that people should not be trying to delay their order until definite details are released rather than rumour.
sorry guys

S
Gary_Monkey

Car built Build Week 43.

Post by Gary_Monkey »

Great advice Trix! This rumour really set the cat amonst the pigeons didn't it.

It's a strange rumour as some people are adamant that these upgrades WILL happen on BW45.. whilst others (myself included) after much digging around and emails flying to their respective dealers know no more than the 10bhp increase due for the 2.0l TSI.

Who the hell started it off.. reveal yourself.. reveal your source.. don't be shy ;)
alex_dlc

Post by alex_dlc »

trix wrote:exactly Gary, unfortunately there is nothing concrete about these changes (start/stop button, keyless entry, reversing camera option etc) I have emailed my dealer to see if he knows anything but i think they are purely ficticious, especially as built week 45 will soon be upon us.
my person opinion is that people should not be trying to delay their order until definite details are released rather than rumour.
sorry guys

S
i think the new climate controls are pretty much confirmed. i dont like them, so im happy my scirocco dosnt have them. i will pick it up on friday