B Pillar Tints

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
martdy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by martdy »

I'm getting seriously pissed off now!!!!!! :cry:
Rang my dealer to see if I'd got confirmed yet (last I heard preliminary Week 47) Its now gone to week fifty effin one! Still not confirmed. :grumpy: WTF
Apparently it's because I ordered my car with too many options. What a load of B*ll*cks.What made it worse (and what prompted the call to the stealer!) was a shiny new Salsa red parking next to me in a car park.
August 12 th was when I ordered . By the time it turns up my Golf will be worth £4.50
Sympathy greatly appreciated :(
Rant over
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Wow after all this time you called them? Man if I was you I would have gone down to the dealers - said look I'm going to cancel my order and I want all my deposit back, end of.

Your Golf is worth half the price it was in August, the dealer won't give you anything for the loss your about to make - sell privately today mate don't trade it in and don't delay, xmas has almost arrived I don't know many people who go out and buy new cars around xmas time as all their savings go on presents or holidays.

It's a shame dealers and VW are treating guys like yourself this badly, I mean you must have been at least in the first 20 of people ordering in the UK, thats gotta count for something mate!
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

rehmondo wrote:Wow after all this time you called them? Man if I was you I would have gone down to the dealers - said look I'm going to cancel my order and I want all my deposit back, end of.

Your Golf is worth half the price it was in August, the dealer won't give you anything for the loss your about to make - sell privately today mate don't trade it in and don't delay, xmas has almost arrived I don't know many people who go out and buy new cars around xmas time as all their savings go on presents or holidays.

It's a shame dealers and VW are treating guys like yourself this badly, I mean you must have been at least in the first 20 of people ordering in the UK, thats gotta count for something mate!
To be fair I have been in regular contact with the stealer since I first ordered and the build date has gone from initially 43 to 05 and lots in between.I have amended my order (as it wasn't confirmed) as time went on and more info was available.Such as adding the smokers pack and cancelling the mats as the Premium ones are apparently better.Whether or not this then adds to build time ,who knows?
What pisses me off,as you quite rightly say,is I was one of the first to order and it counts for nothing. Why should you have to wait longer if your paying more? As for walking away I want the car as I speccd it so I'll just have to wait.
When I bought my Golf in 05 (the first brand new factory ordered car I'd ever bought) I had to wait 5 months as It had just been launched and demand was high .Well worth it in the end.
I take your point about what my trade in is worth now but I'm selling privately as the dealers offer was laughable. In hindsight maybe if I'd had a guaranteed value it would have worked out better.
Thanks for your concerns but the wait continues.........
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

the cuddly toy has obviously confused the germans, delears do not seem to grasp that people chat on forums and whislt no delear has been singled out news does travel
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

andy wrote:the cuddly toy has obviously confused the germans
lol

I think overall VW have ended up with more built cars than they have sold (in the current climate), there is no reason for delays, I bet they're partly waiting on you guys to cancel your unbuilt cars and settle for the cancelled built orders - that’s my gut feeling.

Not as if they can sell RHD Scirocco's to the majority of Europe, I think the Xenon’s story kinda covers it, this day and age a car manufacturer that makes so many models can't get Xenon’s right? I don't think so and I'm not buying it - if it truely was a show stopper they would have realised and made any adjustments before the build process started.

My advice is, you've waited this long, just keep waiting and keep horsing the demos every weekend! :yes:
martdy

Post by martdy »

andy wrote:the cuddly toy has obviously confused the germans, delears do not seem to grasp that people chat on forums and whislt no delear has been singled out news does travel
Good thinking Andy .I'll ring the dealer again tomorrow and remove the Cuddly toy! Hope I still have time :clap:
paulmaddocks
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Black Leather, DAB Radio, Folidng mirrors, Parking sensors, Mats, Flat tyre indicator. Extras: Metal pedals, Boot liner, Premium Door sill trim.

Post by paulmaddocks »

good news...

My build week 45 car is due at the dealers sometime next week :-) lets hope its early next week so I can get my mitts on the car for the weekend!!!

Been a long wait. Hopefully it won't take the guys too long to prep the car and fit the pedals / sills etc etc etc
debdeb
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Post by debdeb »

Thanks Iroc - gonna look into it
etotheip
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: leather, sunroof, parking sensors, 19s, nav, folding mirrors, dynaudio, cruise

Post by etotheip »

Lat update from me :nod:

Picking up mine tomorrow - praise the lord :hyper:

:D :D
Still going strong =)
wigit

Post by wigit »

enjoy :)
morrissey
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Golf R, 3 door, manual, leather, sunroof, 19" alloys, ACC, cruise, comfort and storage packs

Post by morrissey »

martdy wrote:I'm getting seriously pissed off now!!!!!! :cry:
Rang my dealer to see if I'd got confirmed yet (last I heard preliminary Week 47) Its now gone to week fifty effin one! Still not confirmed. :grumpy: WTF
Apparently it's because I ordered my car with too many options. What a load of B*ll*cks.What made it worse (and what prompted the call to the stealer!) was a shiny new Salsa red parking next to me in a car park.
August 12 th was when I ordered . By the time it turns up my Golf will be worth £4.50
Sympathy greatly appreciated :(
Rant over
Martdy, I'm in the same boat as you - ordered end of Aug - build week is going backwards. I'm not overly concerned as I have my Audi until July if need be.
Mine's gone from 48 to 51. Lets hope they stay off the mulled port while they are building - I don't want any festive build quality :D
martdy

Post by martdy »

Morrissey, I feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only one!
I'd rather they didn't build it week 51 god knows how it might turn out after Xmas parties / hangovers.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

Picking mine up next Saturday when i get back from offshore. Dealer is expecting it on Wed.
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

Andy-GTI wrote:Picking mine up next Saturday when i get back from offshore. Dealer is expecting it on Wed.
Congrats fella, bet you can't wait now. :shake:

When do the mods start ?? :wink:
wigit

Post by wigit »

Andy-GTI wrote:Picking mine up next Saturday when i get back from offshore. Dealer is expecting it on Wed.
great news Andy-GTI looking forward to seeing it pre and post suspension mods
paulmaddocks
Options: Black Leather, DAB Radio, Folidng mirrors, Parking sensors, Mats, Flat tyre indicator. Extras: Metal pedals, Boot liner, Premium Door sill trim.

Post by paulmaddocks »

Just had some great news from my dealer...gonna be all Sciroccoed up by the end of Friday afternoon!!!

Intially they want to handover next Tuesday (as the guy was off on Monday) but after asking very nicely, Friday afternoon it is!!!

Gonna be a long week!
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

paulmaddocks wrote:Just had some great news from my dealer...gonna be all Sciroccoed up by the end of Friday afternoon!!!

Intially they want to handover next Tuesday (as the guy was off on Monday) but after asking very nicely, Friday afternoon it is!!!

Gonna be a long week!
Enjoy the torture !!
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
JonR356
Options: Parking sensors, cruise control, flat tyre sensor, mats

Post by JonR356 »

Just heard mine is arriving at the dealers today. When do you reckon I should be asking to pick it up? Is tomorrow taking the Mick ? :shake:
Build week 44, collection date 24/11/08
paulmaddocks

Post by paulmaddocks »

Mine is arriving this week too, I was initailly asked to go next week to collect, but managed to push them down to Friday afternoon.

Depends what you need to get sorted, bear in mind they need to check it, tax it and fit anything else you have requested.... so tomorrow may be a push, but depending on that else they have on, Friday afternoon could be reasonable....
wigit

Post by wigit »

they need to pdi and valet it, assuming you know the reg and have insurance in place so they can tax it, you can get 7 days free vw insurance then laugh at the yearly quote you will get, patience :)