week 45 model changes

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
Nobby
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Re: week 45 model changes

Post by Nobby »

Well figface if you want to take it to the extreme, yes turning the radio off would save fuel

The radio is powered by electricity, which is energy. This energy has to come from somewhere, that somewhere is the battery

The battery is charged by the alternator, the alternator converts kinetic energy from the engine which is turning, into electrical energy which is then stored in the battery

The energy which is turning the engine is converted from chemical energy stored in the fuel, to kinetic energy, by the good old internal combustion engine we all know and love (or compression ignition in the case of diesel)

And even the electricity generated whilst you are decelerating, and so not actually burning any fuel, is simply energy that was converted from chemical (fuel) to kinetic (momentum) during acceleration and is now being recuperated !

So there ya go, even listening to the radio is not free :shake:
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

figface wrote:knd of yeah, think it powers the electrics and that gets recharged by the car,therefore, would it save any fuel if your radio went off, answer no.

are you sure you know what YOUR on about
Wow Scottyroc, your car must be amazing having an battery that charges itself without any help from the alternator and engine and fuel!!
ZephyR
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Nobby wrote:So there ya go, even listening to the radio is not free :shake:
Hey Nobby do you think listening to Radio 5 on medium wave uses less power because its only in mono :p :D

Its with these thoughts about energy in mind that I've turned off my DRLs to help save the environment :nod:
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

markito79 wrote:SPY PHOTO (seems)

scirocco + new climatronic ????
http://img43.imageshack.us/i/bild001dpgl.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its not the golf (different air vents) maybe its the R.....but look different
That's a Scirocco R, look at the two tone black / grey seats as per the Scirocco R interiors shots and gloss black stereo surround.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
alex_dlc

Post by alex_dlc »

jonallen628 wrote:

http://img43.imageshack.us/i/bild001dpgl.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's a Scirocco R, look at the two tone black / grey seats as per the Scirocco R interiors shots and gloss black stereo surround.
thats not a scirocco R, if you see all the pics the guy took, it dosnt have the R badge in the back, and it dosnt have the two exhaust pipes like the R. this is a normal scirocco with the R package
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

alex_dlc wrote:
jonallen628 wrote:

thats not a scirocco R, if you see all the pics the guy took, it dosnt have the R badge in the back, and it dosnt have the two exhaust pipes like the R. this is a normal scirocco with the R package
I can't see the rest of the photos but i will take your word for it. I noticed that that the air vent surrounds are chrome in the picture and they are gloss black on the R so you are right it is not an R. Looks like there are some additional interior trim colours to come then?
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
alex_dlc

Post by alex_dlc »

alex_dlc

Post by alex_dlc »

i read that theres already the R badge on ebay, i cant find it. maybe you can help me find it because i want to put one on my scirocco
Gary_Monkey
In: Rising Blue
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car ordered 30 June 2009.
Car built Build Week 43.
Car built and at check point 5 (20/10)
Car now at check point 7 (21/10)

Post by Gary_Monkey »

markito79 wrote:Taken from the german forum and traslated with google

http://www.rocco3.de/wbb/index.php?page ... eadID=1553" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, in calendar week 45 the “small model year change” lines up with Volkswagen.
The following will come, according to current conditions, with the Scirocco.

Colors:
Night Blue
Silver Leaf
Rodium grey

Interior:
Dekore piano lacquer black

Function:
Back driving camera “Rear Assist”
Keyless Go

Outside:
19 " light alloy wheel “Lugano” black set off

Special models:
“Team”

Additives:
R-LINE Exterieur
R-LINE Interieur

They said that the info comes directly from VW and the 147kw (200) IS NOT LONGER AVAILABLE FOR ORDER :) , 210hp IS COMING :) :)

if its true its a F**** good news :)

I wrote to ask my dealer this morning about these 'week 45 model changes' and he knows nothing about them !

The only part he knew about was the change in engine from 200bhp to 210bhp on the GT TSI model. Maybe these other changes are planned for Germany only and are not fitted to UK spec cars.

Here is my dealers exact response:

Only memo i can see relates to the 2.0 Engine

From production week 45, the Scirocco GT 2.0-litre TSI gains an extra 10PS power output and will be more economical than the current engine. The new 210PS engine will have an RRP of £500 more than the outgoing 200PS engine.

Download the latest Scirocco price list below for a full breakdown of the price. The price may change if the confirmed CO2 emissions are different to those forecasted.

All customer-tagged orders placed by close of business on 10 September for the 200PS that are built with the new 210PS engine will be price-protected. From this point, no more factory orders for the GT 200PS can be placed.

Technical information for the new 210PS engine is not expected to be available until early October. The new engine is being announced early because of the high demand and subsequent extended lead times that, in this case, may affect the specification a customer receives compared with their order.

Please notify customers of this change.
Volkswagen.co.uk will be updated on 17 September with new pricing.

Can anyone confirm or deny whether these changes only effect German cars. Specifically I want to know about the new look a/c unit, rear parking camera and the stop/start button.

Regards
Gary_Monkey
Car now at docks waiting to board ship. Due to sail Sat 24 Oct! 23/10
Car now at a UK port being checked. 26/10)
Car still at the port of Sheerness until 3 Nov. Grrr 29/10
Car at dealers and being prepped. 3/11
Car Deliverd :-) 10 Nov 2009
leanneq
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Black Leather, Xenons, Parking sensors, tyre pressure indicator, folding wingmirrors.....and dynaudio....and smokers pack even though i don't smoke!

Post by leanneq »

So if i've got this right, my order won't change price but i will get the better engine! I'm not fussed about the other bits but very happy i *should* get the new engine! :banana:
SCOTT

Post by SCOTT »

so just to confirm, the new engine is a 100% yes.

what do u guys think the chances are of been changing my week 42 build date to week 45, ive waited this long an extra three week wont hurt.
Last edited by SCOTT on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leanneq
Options: Black Leather, Xenons, Parking sensors, tyre pressure indicator, folding wingmirrors.....and dynaudio....and smokers pack even though i don't smoke!

Post by leanneq »

Only way is to ask i guess. I'd give your dealer a ring
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Might be a bit late in the day - now week 38 - week 42 only 4 away. Be careful, you don't want to be put back another 12 weeks.
Get the feeling that now the news is out every man and his dog could be asking their dealer the same question. So could be a good time for others to jump the queue and pick up a 200PS 2.0L that's in the system but cancelled by the customer.
retboell
Options: New replacement RNS-510, Dynaudio, Sunroof, ACC, xenon, sport-package (upholstry, alloy pedals, etc.), winter pack, climatronic, parking sensor, media-in, cruise control, rain sensor, flat tyre indicator, multi fuction steering wheel, 18" interlagos , 17" Spa for winter tyres.

Post by retboell »

I've learned from unpleasant experience with a new engine model (my previous BMW 120i) the value of a proven engine. So I'm more than happy with my 200hp model :D
rollopre
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Black leather adjustable seats, Dynaudio, reversing sensors, Xenon lights,cruise control, floor carpets

Post by rollopre »

If you look at the latest Scirocco brochure (Katalog) available to download on the German VW site, you can see several additional wheel designs (6), ranges of bi-colour upholstery (including alcantara), two new body colours, aluminium pedals, body kit and lot of accessories you can't find in the English brochure. :shrug:
SCOTT

Post by SCOTT »

can you post a link please to that site :)
rollopre
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Black leather adjustable seats, Dynaudio, reversing sensors, Xenon lights,cruise control, floor carpets

Post by rollopre »

SCOTT wrote:can you post a link please to that site :)
Hi Scott

Sorry, got carried away with following up links. I found this one below under the main 'Das Auto' website for VW Deutschland:

http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms/master_p ... es=product" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bit long but allows you to download a .pdf file called 'Katalog'. This shows all the goodies we are lacking.

Hope this helps and doesn't make us all too jealous! :(
yellowplum
Options: Truffel Leather, 19" Wheels, DVD Sat Nav, Xenon Lights, Bluetooth Phone, Parking Sensors, Drivers Electric Seat, Electric Fold-able Mirrors, Winter Pack, Hill Hold, Flat Tyre Indicator - added VW Racing Springs, and changed Bluetooth to newer model.

Post by yellowplum »

The German spec was released at the same time as the UK, they just get things we don't and will probably never be able to get, such as Winter Tyres, however the car is more basic and things like DCC are actually an extra in Germany.
nickp
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Anthracite Leather, Dynaudio Soundpack, Park Sensor, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smoking Pack,
Carpet Mats. GT Steering Wheel Badge, Metal Pedals, Pewter Arsenal Key Ring.

Post by nickp »

rollopre wrote:If you look at the latest Scirocco brochure (Katalog) available to download on the German VW site, you can see several additional wheel designs (6), ranges of bi-colour upholstery (including alcantara), two new body colours, aluminium pedals, body kit and lot of accessories you can't find in the English brochure. :shrug:
If I'm not mistaken this catalogue was introduced with the first MY2010 models a while back.
I don't think it mentions anything that we've heard is new in the cars to be built from week 45 onwards.
I can't see two new colours either, only the ten we already know.
Miss GT
In: Sumatra
Options: Black Vienna Leather
DVD Nav
Cruise Control
Folding Wing Mirrors
Flat Tyre Indicator
Luxury Carpet Mats......
And for Xmas it's getting a Tracker Response!

Post by Miss GT »

Has anyone else seen the updates on VW Uk website yet? It gives the 210PS details but no data as expected. My main concern is the interior choices seem to have changed - black leather has gone to be replaced by anthracite leather instead. I only ordered mine on Tuesday and I will be very, very angry if I get anthracite leather! I have got grey leather at the moment and it's horrid :grumpy: