maisbitt wrote:You should not have to pay to rectify a minor fault caused by the person who fitted the steering wheel suffering from "pontoon eyes" (one eye is sticking, one is twisting, but they're both bust)
Steering wheel not perfectly straight...?
- pat15312
- Posts: 608
- Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:26 pm
- I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
- In: Candy White
- With a: Manual box
- Location: United Kingdom
Re: Steering wheel not perfectly straight...?

222bhp & 340Nm
-
rhcp128
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:10 am
- I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
- In: Sumatra
- With a: Manual box
Re: Steering wheel not perfectly straight...?
Well, it wasn't misaligned from the beginning... It was a problem of the actual tires being misaligned and it only became noticeable after around 8-9k miles.
P.S. I live in Italy and VW dealers here are serious as*holes! I complained to VW Italy, they told me they would investigate and let me know and the end result was that I started getting VW Spam on my e-mail
P.S. I live in Italy and VW dealers here are serious as*holes! I complained to VW Italy, they told me they would investigate and let me know and the end result was that I started getting VW Spam on my e-mail
-
nfarinha
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:28 am
- In: Candy White
- With a: Manual box
- Location: Portugal
Re: Steering wheel not perfectly straight...?
thats wat you (UK guys) get having the steering wheel in the rigth 
-
maisbitt
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 8:42 am
- I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
- In: Rising Blue
- With a: Manual box
Re: Steering wheel not perfectly straight...?
We drive on the correct side of the road in the UK it's the rest of the world that got it wrong (apart from Malta, 1/2 of Africa, Japan and Australia)!
The majority of people are right handed, so it stands to reason that you'd want to keep your primary/strongest hand on the steering wheel at all times and use your secondary/weakest hand for leaving the steering wheel to change gear, use the handbrake or press buttons on the radio (or do your make-up/brush your hair/eat your breakfast on the way to work whilst driving - if you're a lass).
But anyway, most countries would agree that it would cost them too much money to switch sides now. You can keep your mm and kg - give me a pint of beer over a metric measure every time (unless it's a litre of beer).
I wonder whether RHD models do have more build issues than LHD models?
The majority of people are right handed, so it stands to reason that you'd want to keep your primary/strongest hand on the steering wheel at all times and use your secondary/weakest hand for leaving the steering wheel to change gear, use the handbrake or press buttons on the radio (or do your make-up/brush your hair/eat your breakfast on the way to work whilst driving - if you're a lass).
But anyway, most countries would agree that it would cost them too much money to switch sides now. You can keep your mm and kg - give me a pint of beer over a metric measure every time (unless it's a litre of beer).
I wonder whether RHD models do have more build issues than LHD models?
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
-
Loxstokk
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:35 am
- I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
- In: Sumatra
- With a: DSG box
Re: Steering wheel not perfectly straight...?
Mine pulls of to the left a bit but I thought that was normal. Designed to stop you driving into oncoming traffic if you fall asleep at the wheel/leave the handbrake off on a hill etc...
-
Spiney
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 8:07 am
- I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
- In: Pewter Grey
- With a: Manual box
- Location: Hampshire, nr Petersfield
- Contact:
Re: Steering wheel not perfectly straight...?
Loxstokk,
If its really pulling to the left (as opposed to turning slightly left when the wheel is centered) I'd get it checked out. That's definitely not right and won't be doing your tires any good at all!
If its really pulling to the left (as opposed to turning slightly left when the wheel is centered) I'd get it checked out. That's definitely not right and won't be doing your tires any good at all!
The Kitchen Shop
http://www.just-cooking.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.just-cooking.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Loxstokk
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:35 am
- I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
- In: Sumatra
- With a: DSG box
Re: Steering wheel not perfectly straight...?
When the steering wheel is perfectly straight, the car steers ever so slightly to the left.
This is normally isn't it??
This is normally isn't it??