Nav directions on MFD?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Post Reply
iAmbu
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:53 pm
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS
Location: Dorset, UK

Nav directions on MFD?

Post by iAmbu »

Hi all

I have had the RNS-510 sat nav retrofitted to my Scirocco, and all is good. However, I am wondering, should navigational instructions appear in the MFD in the instrument cluster??

I know I have seen reference to this somewhere, but it could have been on a Golf or another VAG car. I'd love it if they could, and just wondering if they should? Can people with factory fitted and/or retro-fitted sat nav comment?

Thanks
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
jc74
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:08 am
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Cruise Control, Leather, Sunroof, DVD Satnav, Parking Sensors
Location: London

Re: Nav directions on MFD?

Post by jc74 »

My factory fitted Satnav has instructions in the MFD. You have to press the button which cycles through the various modes until you find it though. But it does work, and looks great.

Who fitted your satnav - perhaps it needs to be set so that the MFD and car in general knows that a Satnav is installed?
I think you may need to use a VAGCOM cable for that...
iAmbu
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:53 pm
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS
Location: Dorset, UK

Re: Nav directions on MFD?

Post by iAmbu »

Thanks for the info, sounds like mine should display it in the MFD too then! I'll check with the installers. Need to pop back to them at the end of the month as they are waiting for a part to come in from Germany for me, so hopefully they can re-code my car then.

I'm OK for needing a VAGCOM cable for anything else at the moment, thanks (again) though ;)
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
User avatar
bianco
Posts: 543
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:24 pm
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)
Location: Denmark

Re: Nav directions on MFD?

Post by bianco »

I believe there are two versions of the red MFD. Standard & Premium or somthing to that effect. It MAY be that You need the premium for the Nav directions to display.

PS I retrofitted going from RCD 310 without doing any VAG-COM fideling.
PPS The MFD will show an arrow and a letter for the compas direction You are going, even though You do not have a route plotted in the nav.
iAmbu
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:53 pm
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS
Location: Dorset, UK

Re: Nav directions on MFD?

Post by iAmbu »

Thanks bianco. I have a MY2010 car so I have the latest white MFD. Definitely sounds like I should have the nav directions appearing on it.
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
Post Reply