week 45 model changes

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
jc74
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Cruise Control, Leather, Sunroof, DVD Satnav, Parking Sensors

Re: week 45 model changes

Post by jc74 »

Shewie wrote:I take it the start/stop will only feature in the diesel models then ?

Not aware of one in petrol motors yet ??
I've a petrol and a diesel BMW with start/stop. Though I very much doubt the Scirocco will get it, unless VW are intending also to put it out in the Golf Mk VI too..
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

From what I have read recently the stop / start system was to be used on the BlueMotion version of the Scirocco which I assume will be a small diesel of say 105PS power rating like the other BlueMotions.

ie. like this release about Frnakfurt Show annoucement...... "The Passat BlueMotion adopts a 1.6-litre common rail diesel engine developing 105 PS for the first time. The new engine, replacing the existing 2.0-litre TDI unit currently fitted to the Passat BlueMotion, allows the new car to return 64.2 mpg on the combined cycle – up from the 57.6 mpg achieved by the outgoing car. At the same time emissions fall from 128 g/km to just 114 g/km of CO2."

Aircon... hmmm, wouldn't generate a price change. Prefer the older dual control myself. Maybe not affected with Wk42 build at present (but thats not yet confirmed).

Camera, is it to be an option or standard? ie. option instead of parking sensors. Whatever it increases the cost of the car if standard, so tend to lean towards its an option.

Interesting stuff.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
JMP
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav Radio, Parking Sensors.

Post by JMP »

alex_dlc wrote:correct, the new air con is the one in the golf VI
Which AC unit, this?

Or this?

I personally will be dissapointed with either as the original setup looks far better. There appears to be no LCD display of temperatures selected....?

EDIT - Just seen this...:

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=2&t=2941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm hoping it hasn't changed after all.....?
ABN1C
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Smokers Pack, Piano Black Interior Trim, Fiscon Bluetooth, Covered Cup Holder, Metal Pedals

Post by ABN1C »

JMP wrote: Which AC unit, this?
I think the top picture is the Climate and the second one the standard Air Con.

I was wondering if any other VWs had a starter button and could only think of the one in the Passat, which is a combined slot for the key and start button.

markito79

Post by markito79 »

Hi
I am posting from Luxembourg and I am close to order a scirocco 2.0 dsg.

I just received a call from my VW dealer , who spoked with the VW headquartes in Germany, basically he CONFIRMED that:

on 45 week :

- Scirocco R and scirocco 2.0 210hp WILL be produced
- New changement on the interiors (climatronic?)
- new optionals (camera??)

He said also that AS NOW this is the schedule, but VW could allways change and move everything to the next MY, in may.

Probabily a new price increase is foreseen (1-2%??)

The new engine/optionals will normally be available to order from the second week of October.

Anyway Saturday I will go to the dealer and try to gain some more news

Bye Bye from an Italian in Luxembourg
Living in Luxembourg

Waiting to order a 2.0 210hp DSG Scirocco
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

thank you Markito & a belated welcome!

that very handy information. we would be very interested to know what else you can find out from yoru dealer.

S
markito79

Post by markito79 »

trix wrote:thank you Markito & a belated welcome!

that very handy information. we would be very interested to know what else you can find out from yoru dealer.

S
Thanks

You know I am looking everywhere to find info regarding the 210hp, since I do not want to order the "old one". If I have any more news I will write here too (as well as in the italian forum) :)
alex_dlc

Post by alex_dlc »

any info is apreciated, i just sent an email to the dealor which confirmed the my2010 changes for me. he sent me the price catalog qhich VW sends to its dealors, so maybe he will get a new price catalog soon for this MY2010.5
markito79

Post by markito79 »

alex_dlc wrote:any info is apreciated, i just sent an email to the dealor which confirmed the my2010 changes for me. he sent me the price catalog qhich VW sends to its dealors, so maybe he will get a new price catalog soon for this MY2010.5
GOOD :)

Hope to have any news soon :)
Living in Luxembourg

Waiting to order a 2.0 210hp DSG Scirocco
gingerscotsman
In: Rising Blue
Options: DVD Satnav, Dynaudio, Telephone Prep, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Mats.

Post by gingerscotsman »

ABN1C wrote:
JMP wrote: Which AC unit, this?
I think the top picture is the Climate and the second one the standard Air Con.

I was wondering if any other VWs had a starter button and could only think of the one in the Passat, which is a combined slot for the key and start button.

I had a go of one of these in a passat and I absolutley hated it !! Would rather have a key than that horrible thing.

Pushbutton start would be nice though.
alex_dlc

Post by alex_dlc »

on the mini its like this, you put the round key thing in (its not really a key) and yhen you can press the button.
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

I thought the way it worked on other cars was that you carried round a remote type device but you didn't need to press anything or slot it in anywhere. As long as you had the device on your person the car detected it and unlocked the car when you were close by.
Then all you had to do was get in and press the start button.
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

markito79 wrote:If I have any more news I will write here too (as well as in the italian forum) :)
Thanks for the info markito - very useful, nor heard about some of that.

As an aside here in UK we sometimes think how good it is that as so many people speak good English we get contributions from people all over the world - like yourself. But the flip side is that unlike you (and many other continental residents) who can speak not only your own language but English and probably another language too - when we a presented with a German, Spanish or Italian site we haven't a clue what they are saying. :shrug:
SCOTT

Post by SCOTT »

can anyone confirm what week we are in now please???

210bhp, think im gonna cry.
figface
In: Salsa Red
Options: vienna leather,
19 interlegras,
pano roof
dab

Post by figface »

build week 37, it says at top of screen. yawn
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

SCOTT wrote:can anyone confirm what week we are in now please???

210bhp, think im gonna cry.
Cry over a 10 bhp power increase? :shrug:
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
youvebinaced
Options: Black Vienna Leather
DVD Sat Nav
Bluetooth Phone System
Panoramic Glass Sun Roof
Parking Sensors
Electrically Folding Door Mirrors
Hill Hold Function
19" Lugano Alloy Wheels
Cruise Control
8K HID Dipped Beam (mod)
LED Sidelights (mod)
Tinted Front Windows (mod)

Post by youvebinaced »

ZephyR wrote:I thought the way it worked on other cars was that you carried round a remote type device but you didn't need to press anything or slot it in anywhere. As long as you had the device on your person the car detected it and unlocked the car when you were close by.
Then all you had to do was get in and press the start button.
That is the case in some cars, my dad has an astra which works in that way, also i a mate of mine has the same system in his renault megane, seems a much better system, it kinda takes away the novelty if you still have to get your keys out to start the engine
My car is now for sale, for just £16,000, fair price so please no silly offers :)
youvebinaced
Options: Black Vienna Leather
DVD Sat Nav
Bluetooth Phone System
Panoramic Glass Sun Roof
Parking Sensors
Electrically Folding Door Mirrors
Hill Hold Function
19" Lugano Alloy Wheels
Cruise Control
8K HID Dipped Beam (mod)
LED Sidelights (mod)
Tinted Front Windows (mod)

Post by youvebinaced »

as for the whole start/stopping of the engine whilst driving, it is possibly the single most annoying thing in the world, i am currently driving my mums smart for two with an eco option added, every time you break and go below 5mph it turn the engine off and then as you release the break it turns back on. Great in theory but extremely annoying in practice the whole car shudders as the engine turns back on and you can here it over the sound of the music when playing at a reasonable volume
My car is now for sale, for just £16,000, fair price so please no silly offers :)
figface
In: Salsa Red
Options: vienna leather,
19 interlegras,
pano roof
dab

Post by figface »

then be smart and dont drive the smart, stupid little things
ZephyR

Post by ZephyR »

youvebinaced wrote:as for the whole start/stopping of the engine whilst driving, it is possibly the single most annoying thing in the world, i am currently driving my mums smart for two with an eco option added, every time you break and go below 5mph it turn the engine off and then as you release the break it turns back on. Great in theory but extremely annoying in practice the whole car shudders as the engine turns back on and you can here it over the sound of the music when playing at a reasonable volume
I trust that the radio doesn't cut out each time it re-starts, like it does when you first start a car.