Lead time

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
badpanda
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Run Flat Indicator, Window Tints, Interlagos Alloys, Fogs, Dynaudio, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steeringwheel, Premium Mats.. I NOW HAVE NOTHING !

Re: Lead time

Post by badpanda »

seems I should have read up 1st about the steering wheel b4 the order... no controls for the cd player etc. Guess I shouldn't just presume.

Well I don't want to respec seeing as these 1.4's are in a bit of a pickle on the same hand the standard steering wheel seem !"£"

It's done, ordered some more kit :)

2Zone
Smoking Pack
Dynaudio
Multifunction Steeringwheel
Carpets
elmo6644
In: Deep Black

Post by elmo6644 »

Hi

I ordered my Scirocco through a dealer on 18th May and I am getting delivery tomorrow 20th August which I make around 13 weeks. When I spoke to the broker today though he said that it maybe December time until a new batch come over from Portugal!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

hi elmo, welcome!!

looks like you ordered just in the nick of time!
regandjuk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
Options: dynaudio, leather, mirrors, electric seat, tyre pressure gauge

Post by regandjuk »

alymac wrote:i order on the 27th july, was told delivery in october, and got 7% off car and options, i did ask about allocation and was told yes not a problem and defo october, looks like ill have to wait and see :rolleyes:

Yeah, I ordered 28th July from Colbournes, Guildford.....told 10-12 weeks, build date in 3 weeks tops....then told arrival in October......just checked and still no build date on the system :S
17th October - Now it's finally mine :) :) :)
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

regandjuk

don't panic. they may just mean that the production week is not 'frozen' yet, & not telling you all the fluctuations in between, as you can see from my signature mine has fluctuated abit since i ordered.

S
welshjim
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather (truffle)
19" 'Lugano Alloy wheels
DVD navigation with Dynaudio
Parking Sensors
Cruise control
Winter pack

Post by welshjim »

Trix - you do seem to have got a rotten deal :?

I ordered mine on 14 June from Lookers VW Burlney and the dealer called me last week to reconfirm build week 36 with delivery in the second half of September.

J
Car ordered 14 June 2009. Confirmed build week 36, slipped to build week 37. Deliver3 October.
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

welshjim wrote:Trix - you do seem to have got a rotten deal :?

I ordered mine on 14 June from Lookers VW Burlney and the dealer called me last week to reconfirm build week 36 with delivery in the second half of September.

J
mixed blessing Jim, have now got to remot my current car :no: which is being scrapped ( :yes: ) but turn 25 just before I should take delivery so cheaper excess & hopefully premium :yes: (current insurer won't cover me on the Roc so starting a new policy at a better time of year to when mine is currently aswell)

S
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Hi,

Order form & deposit completed 12th July
Update 16th July - Factory Ordered 14th July - estimated build date Wk43.
Update 5th August – on Factory Order - estimated build date Wk42.

Decided to update with my dealership today.

Update 20th August - on Factory Order – estimated build date Wk42.

Asked why it had not gone on "Production Scheduled". No answer. Informed updates to system only occur every Monday.

Also, bought some Retail Supplies Accessories today because last time VW put up the price of the Scirocco in May 2009, these went up between 8% & 9% which was twice the car's increases. So if accessory prices are raised again on 1st September at least I've avoided further increased costs.

Chris
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
boss1812
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Salsa Red

Post by boss1812 »

does a 'frozen' build week, mean that it cant be brought forward? :?
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

boss1812 wrote:does a 'frozen' build week, mean that it cant be brought forward? :?

I translate the above, that Trix is meaning he still hasn't gone from Factory Order to Production Scheduled. So it may still come forward until the Production Scheduled Build Week is confirmed. Then the week number is "frozen".

Chris
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
boss1812

Post by boss1812 »

i have a frozen build week of 38, but have been informed by the dealer, that although the build week wont go beyond 38, it could come forward. is this correct? any experience of this anyone? :?
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

RW1 wrote:
boss1812 wrote:does a 'frozen' build week, mean that it cant be brought forward? :?

I translate the above, that Trix is meaning he still hasn't gone from Factory Order to Production Scheduled. So it may still come forward until the Production Scheduled Build Week is confirmed. Then the week number is "frozen".

Chris
Thanks Chris
regandjuk

Post by regandjuk »

trix wrote:regandjuk

don't panic. they may just mean that the production week is not 'frozen' yet, & not telling you all the fluctuations in between, as you can see from my signature mine has fluctuated abit since i ordered.

S
Lol - Trix, I'm praying you're right!!
regandjuk

Post by regandjuk »

trix wrote:regandjuk

S
Trix,

You're a genius - spoke to my salesman today and he confirmed he'd had an estimated build week of 39 all along but that it wasn't frozen so he didn't want to tell me and get my hopes up! I pointed out he'd been making me d@mn nervous instead!

:)
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

there you go. don't fret!!
boss1812

Post by boss1812 »

boss1812 wrote:i have a frozen build week of 38, but have been informed by the dealer, that although the build week wont go beyond 38, it could come forward. is this correct? any experience of this anyone? :?
anyone?????