MY2010 model DAB

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
regandjuk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: dynaudio, leather, mirrors, electric seat, tyre pressure gauge

MY2010 model DAB

Post by regandjuk »

Ok, a bit of an old topic rehash.....but I figured that enough people should have received MY2010 cars now that there might be a bit of a consensus......I'm thinking of adding DAB to my order (no build date yet lol) but I'm concerned re signal as I know a few people have had issues....so, has everyone found it difficult to hold a signal?

Cheers!
17th October - Now it's finally mine :) :) :)
Spiney
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Dynaudio, Cruise, DRL's turned off!
Just added Premium mats and treadplates, because she's worth it!

Re: MY2010 model DAB

Post by Spiney »

I spoke to someone from the Ford camp last weekend and I get the impression that the whole DAB issue has little to do with VW or Blaupunt hardware. DAB is simply c£@p on the move.

Personally I think the whole digital revolution is a con, more choice; less quality
The Kitchen Shop
http://www.just-cooking.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Spiney wrote:I spoke to someone from the Ford camp last weekend and I get the impression that the whole DAB issue has little to do with VW or Blaupunt hardware. DAB is simply c£@p on the move.

Personally I think the whole digital revolution is a con, more choice; less quality
Totally disagree, my DAB reception in the Roc is excellent as i have said in other posts on this forum although mine is an 09MY with a roof mounted aerial. No problems in any of the areas i have visited since taking delivery in Jan and doing 8000 miles during that time. My headunit has only switched to FM once during this time when it lost DAB reception for a couple of seconds. Looking at other post it does appear as though people with 10MY cars and DAB are having issues though.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
regandjuk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
Options: dynaudio, leather, mirrors, electric seat, tyre pressure gauge

Post by regandjuk »

Cheers guys - have to say, if could get an 09 aerial I'd get the option fitted.......but I'm hesitant about shelling out (ok, it's only £190.00 but that's a couple of good nights out ;) ) for something that's not going to work that well......
17th October - Now it's finally mine :) :) :)
chr15
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue

Post by chr15 »

Can't comment on the DAB on MY10 cars but on my 09 its fantastic. Has only lost signal a couple of times but only through very bad areas. Dartford Tunnel being one of them.
martdy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

I third that! My MY09 has no problems with DAB reception at all. Did a cross country (swansea - london and back) used DAB a fair bit no loss of signal or quality. :yes:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control