problem with dsg

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
roydburn
In: Opal Silver
With a: DSG box

Re: problem with dsg

Post by roydburn »

Does anyone know whether VW are planning a fix for this problem? When my Scirocco finally arrives I will be using it as an unmarked Ambulance car - i.e. there will be a lot of fast driving. The last thing I need is the gearbox slipping into neutral when I'm tearing down a road on blue lights...
rehmondo
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

This happened to me tonight, I parked up at the side of the road and restarted the car and it was fine, however when I got to my house 2 mins up the road, I could smell burning from the car - any ideas on what that could be?

Ps I've had the car over a year now and this has never happened before.
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

I had my DSG software updated by VW under warranty yesterday, maybe worth having a chat with your local dealer.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Thanks for the reply, I'll get them to check it out asap.
dkfsk
Options: Dynamic Chassis Control, Bluetooth Premium, Flat Tire sensor, RNS510 Nav. system, cruise control, folding mirrors, Bi-zone air con, Alloy pedals, auto lights, rain sensors, auto rain closing windows, 248 BHP/380NM

Post by dkfsk »

Can't understand that your dealars do nothing about the problem!!

I have just been called in to my dealer (Denmark) because VW has discovered a software problem with the dsg.

I have only experienced the problem once about a year ago but the problem should be permanently solved by a software update.
jonallen628
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Had a DSG fault yesterday for the first time, concerning as mine had the dsg software update back in jan. Car jumped into neutral and all the gear numbers flashed at the bottom of the mfd. Turned the car on / off which seemed to clear the issue. Have also noticed some kind people have dinged both doors in the last couple of weeks. Will pop the car into vw, would be good if anyone could recommend a bodyshop in staffs or brum. Cheers.

caprinolaw
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Bi-Xenon Headlights, Cruise Control, Scirocco Floors Mats, Boot Liner

Post by caprinolaw »

Bloke654 wrote:As far as I am aware this is a very common problem across both VW and Audi DSGs. If you google DSG and Problem you will find many threads across all different forums describing the exact symptoms you have. VW must be aware of the problem even if diagnostics don't return any fault codes. Until very recently I was considering buying a used MK5 GTI DSG but this put me right off. Gone for a new Rocco now though, so things ain't all bad!
Id just like to point out ive had a MK5 DSG Golf for over 5 years with no problems! And I have thrashed the absolute crap out of it (from Mile 1)!
Jay.

30.06.2010 - Rocco ordered.
09.09.2010 - Rocco delivered.
mordred1973
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: 2nd Jan 10 redroc arrived:GT 2.0TSI, Salsa Red, Xenon's, Winter Pack, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Leather, Electric Seat, RNS510 Fiscon bluetooth, beep on locking, revo stage 1 and sill protectors

Post by mordred1973 »

based on having a car a few years ago which had electrical problems from 3 months old, and continued until 12months old despite many many trips back to the dealer, keep on top of it, if you're going to reject the car, you need to do it relatively quickly and in writing to the dealer (I was by the time it got really silly in direct dialogue with the manufacturer who ended up changing the car for another new one 12 months down the road, free of charge)

Just important to remember the longer you persevere the more difficult it becomes to reject the car.....
Last edited by mordred1973 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stuaz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

mordred1973 wrote:based on having a car a few years ago which had electrical problems from 3 months old, and continued until 12months old despite many many trips back to the dealer, keep on top of it, if you're going to reject the car, you need to do it relatively quickly and in writing to the dealer (I was by the time it got really silly in direct dialogue with the manufacturer who ended up changing the car for another new one 12 months down the road, free of charge)

Just important to remember the longer you persevere the more difficult it becomes to reject the far.....
Good advice.
Now a Proud Owner!
jonallen628

Post by jonallen628 »

Happened again today! Over the last eighteen months the gearbox has been flawless whatever I have thrown at it. Given the choice i would still spec it again. Will take it to my dealers tommorrow, I have recorded the time and date of the occurrences and also a video to help them diagnose the issue. Sounds like it's fairly common. Will let you know how I get on.

jonallen628

Post by jonallen628 »

New gear selector has been fitted, will see how things go.

mo1315
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather (Black) and Optical Parking System

Post by mo1315 »

My brother had a problem with his DSG box on an R32. It was very tempremental so he insisted that the dealer keep hold of the car (giving him a courtesy car in return of course) for a few days until they experienced the problem. Sure enough over a weekend when the branch manager was taking it for a test drive he experienced the fault and the mechatronic unit (or whatever was at fault) was replaced under warranty.