Rear light clusters

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Crafty
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, black leather, sat/nav, blue fin

Rear light clusters

Post by Crafty »

How do you remove the rear light clusters?
Rising Blue 2L petrol, SatNav, Rear sensors, black leather, mats, de-badged, Bluefin, smokers pack, covered drinks holder, pipercoss filter,Neuspeed torque arm insert, smoked back lights, vag-com
Digiman
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
Options: none

Re: Rear light clusters

Post by Digiman »

I believe if you open the boot there are a couple of panels in the lining that come off. Then there are thumbscrews that release the clusters and also connectors to remove. It in the manual
Crafty

Post by Crafty »

Cheers
Rising Blue 2L petrol, SatNav, Rear sensors, black leather, mats, de-badged, Bluefin, smokers pack, covered drinks holder, pipercoss filter,Neuspeed torque arm insert, smoked back lights, vag-com
PAJ
With a: DSG box
Options: Folding Mirros, Panoramic Roof, Cruise Control & Parking Sensors

Post by PAJ »

Crafty,
Exactly as Digiman says, they come off very easily. If you are then changing a bulb there are then about 6 plasitc clips to spring back. Be careful they look very cheaply made and the sort of plastic that will snap of when you try to spring them particullarly if cold and lay the cluster down on something soft while you do this as otherwise the outside lens plastic will get scratched (don't ask me how I know this :( ). Also when refitting the cluster there is a lug you have to engage in first (slides in sideways) otherwise the cluster will not sit correctly. As Digiman says it's in the manual with pictures.
Crafty

Post by Crafty »

Yeah wanted to get the clusters out so I can play with them a bit!! Will look at the manual when I get back home