Lead time

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Lead time

Post by trix »

skyblues11 wrote:its amazing how informative this forum is. Good work everyone!

I am a newbie and in the process of ordering a 1.4TSI ( via a broker) in the next 2 days.

I was told that the build slot is getting full and if i don;t commite, i would not get the car til march 2010 and would have to pay for the 3% september increase, as well as the VAT returning back to 17.5%( even if i order it even during August).

you guys have any views on this? Is the salesman trying to push me ( as a salesman would naturally do) to commit? Or is he for real?
the forum is the good work of Kev & the team, yes they have done a fantastic job (but need the knowledge & opinions of the rest of us too)

your salesman may be trying to push slightly (they do like pound notes afterall) but the demand for these is HIGH and dealer & second hand stock is low so he would have someone else ordering almost quicker than he could blink. the build slots are filling up fast & the dates you mention do seem to tally with the general concensus. (& imo always best to get in before you own the gov more)

can i ask what broker you are going with?? online??
I ordered mid june with broadspeed & am currently looking at mid oct build, early to mid nov delivery for ref.

S
Gary_Monkey
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car ordered 30 June 2009.
Car built Build Week 43.
Car built and at check point 5 (20/10)
Car now at check point 7 (21/10)

Post by Gary_Monkey »

skyblues11 wrote:Hello All,

its amazing how informative this forum is. Good work everyone!

I am a newbie and in the process of ordering a 1.4TSI ( via a broker) in the next 2 days.

I was told that the build slot is getting full and if i don;t commite, i would not get the car til march 2010 and would have to pay for the 3% september increase, as well as the VAT returning back to 17.5%( even if i order it even during August).

you guys have any views on this? Is the salesman trying to push me ( as a salesman would naturally do) to commit? Or is he for real?

also, if i order this week ( with the multifunction steering wheel as option) do you think i will get the one with the chrome parts a la Golf? or it will be the black plastic one with the small round buttons that looks like they are from my TV remote?

i have read post elsewhere about changes to be made for Roccos built later in 09.

thanks
skyblues11

I have a 1.4 TSI DSG on order. Ordered 1 July and have an estimated build week of 44 and a delivery of mid November.

I spoke with my VW Dealer on Monday and had an interesting conversation. He basically said that there are no more build allocations for UK Scirocco's until 2010. So that would tally with what your salesman was saying about limited availability. Ok, he sounds a bit pushy (he is a salesman after all) but he's not totally bullsh***ing you from the sound of it.

I hope this helps.

However, you don't want to end up giving him your order, he promises you a car this year, then goes back on his word once the car is ordered and you end up paying more for a post September car. What would he care.. he then has his order secured AND his commission too.

Just be aware of that.

Gary_Monkey
Car now at docks waiting to board ship. Due to sail Sat 24 Oct! 23/10
Car now at a UK port being checked. 26/10)
Car still at the port of Sheerness until 3 Nov. Grrr 29/10
Car at dealers and being prepped. 3/11
Car Deliverd :-) 10 Nov 2009
badpanda
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Run Flat Indicator, Window Tints, Interlagos Alloys, Fogs, Dynaudio, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steeringwheel, Premium Mats.. I NOW HAVE NOTHING !

Post by badpanda »

I don't have a build date yet and I ordered on the 6th of May :( I was told that I have now till prob wait till 1st of October now rather than 1st of September

After thinking about an A3 I will prob just wait it out. Just too impatient
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

badpanda wrote:I don't have a build date yet and I ordered on the 6th of May :( I was told that I have now till prob wait till 1st of October now rather than 1st of September

Badpanda

Are you in the UK? you should really get on at your dealer you should have by now!!
badpanda
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Run Flat Indicator, Window Tints, Interlagos Alloys, Fogs, Dynaudio, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steeringwheel, Premium Mats.. I NOW HAVE NOTHING !

Post by badpanda »

trix wrote:
badpanda wrote:I don't have a build date yet and I ordered on the 6th of May :( I was told that I have now till prob wait till 1st of October now rather than 1st of September

Badpanda

Are you in the UK? you should really get on at your dealer you should have by now!!

Yup in the Uk, maybe they just don't like us peeps up in Scotland. It was ordered through Arnold Clark for company lease. I was just told that the 1.4 engine is not being made quick enough to fill orders.
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

go give them a seriously good kick!!
sadly they don't often seem to keep you updated unless you keep digging them in the ribs
badpanda

Post by badpanda »

One last question, if my car is not yet in for the build can I still change the extras I chose ? I was thinking ditch the leather and get Xenons, Dynaudio and couple other bits. Is multifunction steering wheel really worth it ? if so why ?
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

I gather that there may be some truth in the 1.4 engine issue. Seems VAG are putting variants of the 1.4 TSI in many more models across its range including Audis and Seats and they can't make these engines quick enough. It was engine of the year or something I believe.
My dealer told me last week that anyone placing an order now will be waiting until March 2010 for delivery.
skyblues11
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

trix, it was with Broadspeed to begin with, but they pushed me onto coast2coastcars.co.uk after i chased braodspeed as on one called me.

to be fair and judging by the reality, parheps the sales guy was too pushy. It was me who was hagging like in a Souk in Dubai.

Well, i had his ( broker's) words in writing that that i won;t get charged more for the VAT increase and the VW 3% in sept. I did tell him i am ok with November delivery ( my birthday is in that month).

to be honest, i don't know what to believe. The truth is, if i don;t act, i will def. get pushed into the 2010 delivery slot.

if i place deposit on friday, at least i did what is required of me and thats it. case closed and joined queue.

i just sincerely hope they don't screw me like putting the prices up for an order placed now. I would accept a later delivery date than a price hike.

so i guess i had to take a risk and pray they don't betray their words. If it does happen i might shift the deposit into a pre-reg one, citing i was deceived....

the multi function wheel is more of convinience. its worth could only be noticed later into the ownership.

cruise control is diff. worth it, as i travel up the M6 quite often, thru that roadwork 50mph part.
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

badpanda wrote:One last question, if my car is not yet in for the build can I still change the extras I chose ? I was thinking ditch the leather and get Xenons, Dynaudio and couple other bits. Is multifunction steering wheel really worth it ? if so why ?
i think you can still change it if you haven't got a confirmed slot but it may still affect your build slot so best to check with your dealer
skyblues11 wrote:trix, it was with Broadspeed to begin with, but they pushed me onto coast2coastcars.co.uk after i chased braodspeed as on one called me.

to be fair and judging by the reality, parheps the sales guy was too pushy. It was me who was hagging like in a Souk in Dubai.

so i guess i had to take a risk and pray they don't betray their words. If it does happen i might shift the deposit into a pre-reg one, citing i was deceived....
i'm surprised, they refered me through to Inchcape who were quite hot although its a simmer now they have the order but i've done expediting before so don't mind kicking butt.

the whole point of buying a car is to haggle!!

there are very few pre reg around so good luck finding one if you try to go down that route.
viper17
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Cruise control
19'' Lugano Alloys
Parking sensors
Bi-Xenon
Electrically foldable door mirrors
Smoking pack
Winter pack in conjunction with Bi-Xenons
DVD navigation system RNS 510
Premium Mats
Stainless Steel Sill Protectors
Chrome Pedals
R - Tinted Rear Lights
Sliding Cup Holder ( To Be Fitted )

Post by viper17 »

Ordered my car two week ago told a nov/dec delivery, went into my dealer today & said i was given one of the last order allocations.

No additional production allocations
Due to high levels of demand and limited production levels on Scirocco and Sharan there will be no additional production allocations available for either retail or agency for the remainder of the year. We are working closely with our factory colleagues to secure additional production in line with the demand.
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Makes it a bit difficult to haggle in those circunstances. More a case of "what I can have one ? I'll take it !"
skyblues11
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

I have done it! placed deposit today and now, just pray...

I have found the pre-reg ones just as expensive as a factory new one without much installed options, so in the end i went for one fresh out of southern portugal for not much diference in price.

Trix, i even got told off by a VW dealer . She said i was finishing around for prices and no south of £20k, and 'lucky if i get metalic paint thrown in, let alone all those things you requested'.

then she went on - 'can't do anything unless you are prepared to place deposit today'..

needless to say, i did not bother with her. I never knew VW sold double glazings!

i know it was 445pm but my God!

anyway, no point thinking about it. now i am almost one of youz - a Roc owner.
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

well done for biting the bullet skyblues, if you got any discount well done as there aren't many still doing it from whats been seen & yes as you've found the pre reg stock is at full wack (& second hand stock is almost as bad too)
the wait begins.....

S
jc74
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Cruise Control, Leather, Sunroof, DVD Satnav, Parking Sensors

Post by jc74 »

badpanda wrote:One last question, if my car is not yet in for the build can I still change the extras I chose ? I was thinking ditch the leather and get Xenons, Dynaudio and couple other bits. Is multifunction steering wheel really worth it ? if so why ?
I've managed to change spec pre-build on other cars I've ordered in the past, be aware though that if you don't want it to affect build date, your spec changes may be restricted - this restriction can include colour. Also be aware that you may not get such a decent discount on the spec additions, since they've already got your order and will be trying to claw back extra profit for any discount you may have achieved. This'll be similar for de-speccing, they'll claim they had discounted the items you're removing and give you less off for removing.

MFSW, you'll have to decide for yourself. But I'd get one where cost is reasonable (<£400) , because of the stereo controls are easier. But then again I'm used to having it in previous cars. Note if you want to retrofit, it's going to be a real pain - and expense!
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

You can usually change your spec until you have a confirmed / fixed build date in the dialog system. If you change the colour / model / gearbox expect the build date to change dramatically. Most other options shouldn't effect your build date too much if at all. Problem is the dealer can't tell you the effect until they have changed the spec in the system so it is a bit of a gamble. Xenons / Dynaudio would be expensive and awkward to retrofit afterwards despite what some people are posting and would cost much more that speccing them from the factory as upgrades and may involve cutting into the vehicle harness and invalidating your electrical warranty.

A good interior re-trim would be around a £1000 and is more readily availible in the aftermarket should you decide you want leather in the future. If you were going to drop the leather then i would suggest getting the winter pack in conjunction with the Xenons which includes the heated seats. You may not use them with the cloth seats but if you have a leather re-trim in the future you will have all the hardware there to heat them which is pretty important with leather in the winter.

Spec is always a difficult choice and really does depend on an individuals needs, so the above is my opinion only. Choosing the options on a new car is what makes it personal to you and one of the main reasons for buying a new car.

:yes:
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
Nobby
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Post by Nobby »

Nice avatar Jon, almost looks familiar ;)
alymac
Options: dvd nav, dynaudio,cruise,parking sensors,leather,19"s,

Post by alymac »

i order on the 27th july, was told delivery in october, and got 7% off car and options, i did ask about allocation and was told yes not a problem and defo october, looks like ill have to wait and see :rolleyes:
shammy
In: Deep Black
Options: Deep black pearlescent paint,
18" Interlagos alloys,
Cruise Control,
Rear parking sensors,
DAB radio receiver,
Smoking pack,
Dynaudio system,
Front/Rear Carpets,

Post by shammy »

Hey fellow Roc-kers..

I just order my Roc yesterday via an online broker...autofindersbakewell.co.uk
I was told that the expected delivery time would be around November but after reading all the posts here, I will definately be chasing VW for their schedule on build/delivery dates.

Hopefully tomorrow i will receive the detailed documents thru the post from the broker and take things from there!
alymac
Options: dvd nav, dynaudio,cruise,parking sensors,leather,19"s,

Post by alymac »

found this non offical about long lead time on the 1.4 http://www.orangewheels.co.uk/buy-new/v ... rocco.html