Scirocco 2010 heating issues

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Post Reply
Boondocks
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2026 7:58 am
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Scirocco 2010 heating issues

Post by Boondocks »

Hi, I have a 2010 vw scirocco and it has a heating issue I can’t figure out.
The system gives out really cold air but when I turn it to heat it’s just blowing out air in normal temperature.
What things and common things should I check? And how is the ac system built if anyone can explain.
Thank you.
.
1.4_tsi
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2025 12:14 am
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Flash Red
With a: Manual box
Options: Factory fitted:
Parking sensors, front and rear
Electric folding mirrors
Smoking pack
Retrofitted:
Cruise control
Location: West Midlands

Re: Scirocco 2010 heating issues

Post by 1.4_tsi »

Airflow direction, including the mix between hot and cold, is controlled by a group of electrically operated flaps. It's worth getting the fault codes read, which should pinpoint any electrical components that have failed, but it's also possible a mechanical linkage or gear has failed. I don't know the specifics for the Scirocco, but access to ventilation components can be awkward and time consuming
2017 VW Scirocco 1.4 TSI 125 PS Flash Red
Post Reply