BABY SEAT

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
boss1812
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

BABY SEAT

Post by boss1812 »

hi all
just ordered my scirocco gt tdi 140bhp today, and have thrown the law book out the window. im trading in my 07 honda crv for this dream car and cant wait. however we have a 13 month old and was wondering if anybody else is managing with a child seat in the back>? i know we will be fine, but its the only slight concern i have. That and an 8 week wait for the car!!!!!!!!1
Crafty
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking sensors, black leather, sat/nav, blue fin

Re: BABY SEAT

Post by Crafty »

try putting in 'baby seat' in the search bit (top right) i think there's something about baby seats in here some where!!!
Rising Blue 2L petrol, SatNav, Rear sensors, black leather, mats, de-badged, Bluefin, smokers pack, covered drinks holder, pipercoss filter,Neuspeed torque arm insert, smoked back lights, vag-com
rickbingham
In: Candy White
Options: DAB
hill support
cruise control
Flat Tyre indicator
Ejector Seat

Post by rickbingham »

Hi there I have a two year old and the seat fits perfectly in the back and he has plently of leg room. Seats seem raised in the back so he has a good view out the sides and forward.

He loves the car as much as me!
Robbie73
In: Rising Blue
Options: Metallic Paint - DAB Radio - Premium Mats and thats it!!!

Post by Robbie73 »

rickbingham wrote:Hi there I have a two year old and the seat fits perfectly in the back and he has plently of leg room. Seats seem raised in the back so he has a good view out the sides and forward.

He loves the car as much as me!
I can second this my 2 and bit old has no problems in the back even when Baby Seat is reclined.
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

No problem,

ive been ferrying my 18 month old nephew around in the back of mine with no real problems, okay so its not great, but provided your not a fat b*stard, you can easily get them in / out of the rear seat, only problem is the high windows, he tends to get bored because he cant see out!
egobreed
In: Candy White
Options: Nada!

Post by egobreed »

Well, yesterday I had my first journey with kids in the back - twin girls who turn two today. It honestly wasn't that difficult.

The only awkward bit was guiding the top parts of the seatbelts through the chairs; I couldn't see in the sides at all so I had to do it by feel. That all depends on what kind of seats you're using though.

The girls were happy in the back and managed to fall asleep OK, but the one was behind me was a bit short on leg room because I'm 6 foot 2. She was OK but I couldn't recline her as much as we would normally. But hey, it's for occasional use only, they'll be in the C-max most of the time!

Plus, all the crap they needed for a night away - high chairs etc. - managed to fit in the boot along with all my work gear. Ha, take that naysayers! Practical AND stylish!
boss1812
In: Salsa Red

Post by boss1812 »

yes can concur. my wee man has loads of room and loves the view through the front screen.
practical stylish and turning heads
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

im amazed just how practical this car can be given its size etc, ive had no problems with my 2 year old nephew and 6 month old niece, okay so its not ideal, but its far from a struggle, and the front seats pull forward enough for you to get good access to the back seats.

So far ive used mine to dump masses of building material, and haul furniture on 5 hour trips from london. stylish and practical!