AM Radio Band - No Stations

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
jackbarr
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat. Nav., Sun Roof, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Leather, Cruise, Fiscon Plus Bluetooth and a smile on my face.

AM Radio Band - No Stations

Post by jackbarr »

Tried to listen to the sport on "AM 909" last week but couldn't tune into any stations - havn't used AM recently or ever come to think but had a chat with dealer whilst in for another matter. Seems there is a problem which VW are aware of and they ordered a replacement aerial cable which took 10 minutes to fit this morning - problem solved. Hope this helps.
Spiney
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Dynaudio, Cruise, DRL's turned off!
Just added Premium mats and treadplates, because she's worth it!

Re: AM Radio Band - No Stations

Post by Spiney »

What a strange fault to be fixed by a cable :shrug: No stations I can understand but just the AM band, weird.
The Kitchen Shop
http://www.just-cooking.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jackbarr
Options: Sat. Nav., Sun Roof, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Leather, Cruise, Fiscon Plus Bluetooth and a smile on my face.

Post by jackbarr »

Should have highlighted the fact that I have had my car since December 2008 therefore may be a problem with 2008 cars - this gremlin also pertains to the VW - EOS. I will be interested to hear of anyone with a similar issue - FM worked perfectly as did sat. nav., SD card and Ipod connection.
ffiish
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Climate control, DAB radio, Dynaudio

Post by ffiish »

AM aerials are a different design (loop) compared with that of an FM aerial (rod), so there are probably two within the window - chances are one was broken.
jackbarr

Post by jackbarr »

ffiish wrote:AM aerials are a different design (loop) compared with that of an FM aerial (rod), so there are probably two within the window - chances are one was broken.
Thanks "ffish" that sounds about right - it must be fairly common for VW to issue a notice!
Spiney
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Dynaudio, Cruise, DRL's turned off!
Just added Premium mats and treadplates, because she's worth it!

Post by Spiney »

I think you are confusing the window aerial with the DAB aerial. There's just the one for both bands I believe and one cable to the head.
The Kitchen Shop
http://www.just-cooking.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

AM doesn't need an external aerial and they are often built inside the radio set.
jackbarr

Post by jackbarr »

Guys - all I am saying is if you have a problem with AM Band in a unit with sat. nav. there is a fix at no cost. :yes:
BeanKa
Options: Leather, erm im going to have to check the rest!

Post by BeanKa »

Sorry to resurect such an old post, It was the only post that related to my problem!

Like the initial poster i have a 2008 Scirocco, i went to listen to 909 on AM Band but the radio would not tune into any stations - I dont normally listen to AM so i have just discovered the fault.

Spoken to the dealers and they are aware of a fault on some Sciroccos and other VW's a cable has been ordered and apparently this will fix the problem!

My suggestion if you havnt listend to AM in your Scirocco have a listen to see if you have my problem!