New Wipers

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Stemartin99
I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box

New Wipers

Post by Stemartin99 »

Hi all,

Over the weekend I noticed one of my wipers is damaged and just flapping in the wind. Can anyone recommend what to replace the front wipers with? Pref on Amazon as can get them next day.

Thanks
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Re: New Wipers

Post by Roy_01 »

Bosch, Valeo
Tenko73
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: VWR 600 Intake, Forge B.O.V., H&R Lowering Springs (35mm), Ferrodo Discs and Pads (recommend), Gloss Black VW badges, Blue Led Interior lights, De-activated DRL's, Brushed Aluminium Scirocco sill plates, Sachs dual mass flywheel and clutch upgrade, Stage 1 Remap (custom).

Post by Tenko73 »

I picked up a pair of Bosch A980s for about £20.00 on Amazon inc postage a couple of weeks ago.

Xtreme Auto Accessories
Misanthropes need people; without a steady supply, the misanthrope cannot fully apply his art.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Valeo VM331 or Bosch A980S for a pair of fronts.

Bosch A251H for the rear blade.
risingson
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by risingson »

I fitted the bosch three years in and its lasted a lot longer than the original blades for some reason. I suppose there may have been a bad winter and the old ones froze on at some point [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]. Anyway I recommend bosch.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
MR13MOS
In: Candy White
Options: Panoramic roof / Rear Sensors / Heated Leather / Bluetooth retrofit / Big Speedo / Diamond LED H7 / 19" Luganos

Post by MR13MOS »

Was searching for new wipers & found this thread. Went with:

- Bosch A980S (Front)
- Bosch A330H (Rear)

Front wipers have arrived & the connector point & serial numbers are different from new to old (pics attached).

Is this not the right blade? Or am I missing something? The connectors are similar in places but are clearly different, didn’t want to force it incase it broke.

Top blade - old blade
Bottom blade - new blade

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MR13MOS
Options: Panoramic roof / Rear Sensors / Heated Leather / Bluetooth retrofit / Big Speedo / Diamond LED H7 / 19" Luganos

Post by MR13MOS »

Was searching for new wipers & found this thread. Went with:

- Bosch A980S (Front)
- Bosch A330H (Rear)

Front wipers have arrived & the connector point & serial numbers are different from new to old (pics attached).

Is this not the right blade? Or am I missing something. The connectors are similar in places but are clearly different, didn’t want to force it incase it broke.

Top blade - old blade
Bottom blade - new blade

PGN
Options: Metallic Paint, Cruise Control, Rear Park Sensors, Foldable Door Mirrors
Dynaudio Package, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Factory Floor Mats

Post by PGN »

I got some bosch replacements which at first glance seemed fine. In use though they squealed like mad. On looking carefully I noticed that they were slightly loose on the arms and were tiliting backwards and forwards as the sweep direction changed. I bought some genuine ones and you could see (and hear) the difference. Worth looking on ebay to see if any dealers are selling them below full retail. Just make sure they are the real thing though!
MR13MOS

Post by MR13MOS »

PGN wrote:I got some bosch replacements which at first glance seemed fine. In use though they squealed like mad. On looking carefully I noticed that they were slightly loose on the arms and were tiliting backwards and forwards as the sweep direction changed. I bought some genuine ones and you could see (and hear) the difference. Worth looking on ebay to see if any dealers are selling them below full retail. Just make sure they are the real thing though!
Cheers for the response mate. The Bosch ones i picked up don't even seem to want to fit to the arm at all... :grumpy: Originally was going to stick with OEM wipers but couldn't find any at the time...

had a quick look now & still can't seem to see any!

Surely there are alternatives that should work seamlessly & don't have to be VW parts??!
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I use the Valeo set VM331 on mine and in my opinion there as good as the Bosch ones. You can pick up a set from EuroCarParts / Carparts4less or any of the online wiper blade suppliers.

Did your rear blade fit OK as I was sure it was a Bosch A251H.
Last edited by Cuprabob on Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MR13MOS

Post by MR13MOS »

Cuprabob wrote:I use the Valeo set VM331 on mine and in my opinion there as good as the Bosch ones. You can pick up a set from EuroCarParts / Carparts4less or any of the online wiper blade suppliers.
Cheers Bob, will take a look - is the connector the same as the Bosch one? There must be a reason the Bosch set aren’t fitting on to the arm stalk.. They’re the set that I think you recommended higher up the thread but don’t seem to fit on my wiper arms? The existing set are also Bosch but I didn’t fit them so not sure which model they are

Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

MR13MOS wrote:
Cuprabob wrote:I use the Valeo set VM331 on mine and in my opinion there as good as the Bosch ones. You can pick up a set from EuroCarParts / Carparts4less or any of the online wiper blade suppliers.
Cheers Bob, will take a look - is the connector the same as the Bosch one? There must be a reason the Bosch set aren’t fitting on to the arm stalk.. They’re the set that I think you recommended higher up the thread but don’t seem to fit on my wiper arms? The existing set are also Bosch but I didn’t fit them so not sure which model they are

I'm not sure why yours would be different unless they have changed the fitment as I've used both Bosch 980S and VM331 and not had any issues.
MR13MOS

Post by MR13MOS »

I'm not sure why yours would be different unless they have changed the fitment as I've used both Bosch 980S and VM331 and not had any issues.[/quote]

Me either, I’ll have a look after work & see if it’s just user error.

Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Have you had any joy regarding the fitment?
MR13MOS

Post by MR13MOS »

The back ones I ordered were incorrect, doh.

have ordered the Bosch A251H which look to have the same fitting as my current so hopefully will work fine. Will update once fitted.

No real joy with front wipers either, the connector is a different shape to the current & not sure if it’s just me & my hands are cold but I couldn’t get them to marry up at all. Have contacted Bosch with a picture of the old to see if they can recognise the model.

Found the Valeo pair you mentioned for £20 on carparts4less & considering getting those ordered anyway

Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Yes, the A251H is the correct fitment for the rear. Well it is for mine :)

Fronts are a bit fiddly to fit but they should just slide in with a click. I assume you are putting the wipers into the "service position" to fit?

Keep us updated if you get to the bottom of it as it's intriguing and may help others in future.
MR13MOS

Post by MR13MOS »

So, i have an update...

A251H fits for the rear
A980S does fit for the front... user error!

Yep, was in 'service position', just wasn't going in at all. Think it's because i was trying to fit it the same way the old one came off - the new connector meant it needed more of an angle to get over the initial connector head & the old arm needed a good clean also.

I spoke to Bosch who told me that, despite the connector looking completely different, the new shape would work with the old arm. It was f***in freezing when i first tried the switch, so a combination of cold fingers, short temper & fiddly bits didn't help...

Once i had the confirmation that it was the right fit and had cleaned the old connector (mine had a lot of gunk inside it which i think was stopping the smooth connection) it was a fairly easy switch. Anyway, got there in the end!
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

Glad you got there in the end :D