Real World MPGs - 2.0tsi and 2.0 tdi

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
biggles
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Black leather, winter pack,dsg.

Re: Real World MPGs - 2.0tsi and 2.0 tdi

Post by biggles »

My 2.0tsi (dsg) is much improved since bluefin remap and now using tesco's 99 octane juice. On a decent motorway run im getting an indicated 41 mpg which seems nearer 38 in reality. Drops to an actual of around 36 round town. Although a bit dearer, im convinced the super unleaded has helped a bit as has the remap. :clap:
pdcman
In: Reflex Silver
Options: LEATHER, WINTER PACK, BLUETOOTH, CRUISE CONTROL

Post by pdcman »

I've just got 650 miles on the clock on my 2.0 petrol DSG, and its returning 33mpg real, 35 indicated. This is with quite gentle driving due to the running in period. Not as good as the brouchures 37mpg ! Its also running on Vpower.

Does this improve after the car has run in? I was hoping to get nearer the 37 mark. :grumpy:
scirocco
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011
Cruise Control, Premium mats, Mudflaps...

Post by scirocco »

My MPG has pretty much stayed around the 32 MPG mark since Oct last year!
true
In: Deep Black
Options: .
Heated Anthracite Leather
RNS-510 with 6 CD changer
17" Spa alloy wheels
Premium mats
Covered cupholder
Debadged rear
Cruise control

Post by true »

pdcman wrote:I've just got 650 miles on the clock on my 2.0 petrol DSG, and its returning 33mpg real, 35 indicated. This is with quite gentle driving due to the running in period. Not as good as the brouchures 37mpg ! Its also running on Vpower.

Does this improve after the car has run in? I was hoping to get nearer the 37 mark. :grumpy:
You can easily get high 30s or even low 40s from a tank on a long gentle run (calculated) but the average drops a lot once you get some stop start town driving involved. I'd be quite pleased with 33 average - afterall you have got 200bhp at your disposal :)
jmn82
In: Rising Blue
Options: Cruise Control, Dynaudio soundpack, Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Premium Mats and Sills

Post by jmn82 »

Since being Revo'd my MPG around town has improved drastically. Where I struggled to get 30mpg (indicated) before, I'm now getting 35 fairly easily. Motorway cruising also seems to be better. It's just when you start burying you right foot that you see the needle start to drop...
I've been Revo'd
rickbingham
Options: DAB
hill support
cruise control
Flat Tyre indicator
Ejector Seat

Post by rickbingham »

I have 400 miles on it now (tsi) best I have got is 41mph over 30 miles mixture of A roads and motorway. Also noticed an improvement when I use the cruise control.
rickbingham
Options: DAB
hill support
cruise control
Flat Tyre indicator
Ejector Seat

Post by rickbingham »

Mpg that is!
alanstead
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Bi xenon, Electric folding mirrors, Cruise control, Winter pack, Flat tyre indicator, Mudflaps, Rubber mats, Boot liner, LED sidelights, Upgrade cornering bulbs, LED interior lighting, Upgrade DRL's, Premium sill trims, Alloy pedals, RNS510, Rearview camera, Bluetooth.

Post by alanstead »

Hi peoples, just got my 140TDI on friday and so far managed to do 335 miles on crumby A roads and unclassified single tracks up here and filled up today and have got 39.4 mpg on a brim to brim fill, the computer was saying 41 mpg, so about 5% optimistic. Looking at the fuel gauge I thought it was going to be slightly better cos it said half a tank had been used, but when I filled up I got 33 litres in so it looks like the gauges aint that accurate or the tanks bigger than the book says! I'm very happy with this, because I know that once I'm used to the car and get used to the gearbox etc the mpg will only improve, on my way home from the dealers with it, I was averaging 53 mpg on the computer until I hit the single track, then got carried away and put the boot down a bit!!

Alan :)
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

33.5mpg is the best I've got on a long run (260 miles) in my 2.0 petrol DSG. When I filled up today I'd got 365 miles out of it and the trip say 30 miles left in the tank.
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

I got to about 380 miles recently on a single tank before the light came on, think there was an indicated 65 still to go. Admittedly a lot of it was 6th gear cruises!
AgaZaKa
In: Viper Green

Post by AgaZaKa »

I did 2K miles in total (car has 7K miles on the clock) and real life mpg is around 33.5mpg and indicated is 36mpg. Most on motorways plus some European motorways when you can drive much faster. Car is 2.0 DSG.
Scirocco mk2 GTI 1983 & Scirocco mk3 2.0 TSI DSG Viper Green (sold)