Sumatra/Truffle - it's arrived!

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Tawny
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors; Truffle Leather, RDC510 'Dynaudio' soundpack; front and rear carpet mats

Sumatra/Truffle - it's arrived!

Post by Tawny »

Collected it today - 8.30 due at the dealer, and I arrived at 8.15! It was waiting in the showroom for me and the colour is outstanding (photos to follow at some point). It looked grey while it was inside, and now it's parked in pole position in the office car park (causing quite a stir!) it is stunning in the sunshine. Just a hint of copper. The alloys are amazing, the iPod works so well, the Dynaudio superb, all the functions on the steering wheel are great - touch screen centre console etc. :clap:

I'm thrilled to bits - can't wait to get out again at lunchtime in it. Everyone who's seen it says it's fantastic - very envious people here!

:hyper:

For anyone considering the Sumatra/Truffle combination I'd say go for it. Then again, I'd rather be one of the few in the UK with this rather rare choice, so go for black or candy :shrug:

Driving impressions and photos to follow.
Nobby
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Re: Sumatra/Truffle - it's arrived!

Post by Nobby »

Hi Tawny

Congratulations :)

Just wondered if you got a 2009 or 2010 model ?
prelude

Post by prelude »

Tawny.....Congrats!...superb!..My 2.0TSI Sumatra, truffle leather, dynaudio, manual is provisionally due wk commencing 6th July!...so what you've been through, i've still got to come. Will be delivered here to the office though, which is not as cool as collecting from the dealers like you did!...Get those pics on...! :eyepop: Roll on lunchtime Eh?!! LOL
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Prelude - delivery to the office will crane more necks at work than turning up in it at the works car park after picking up from the dealers.

Just ensure that the deliverer doesn't rush you into signing off the car before you've given it a thorough inspection (special attention to the bodywork and wheels for dents, chips and scuffs - those are the things that VW or the dealer/deliverer could deny responsibility for and say you did it). Make sure you have your USB and Ipod leads too (should be in the centre armrest or glovebox when delivered).
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
prelude

Post by prelude »

cheers maisbitt, good advice!...I'm a bit clueless about stuff like Ipod leads etc...is that a given that I should have one?...One of the guys here had a bmw delivered recently without an ipod lead and went out and spent £40 on one...only for another chap to have a bmw delivered with a lead included!!??....the company cars are coming through thick and fast now! mines last to be delivered :no:
Tawny
Options: Parking sensors; Truffle Leather, RDC510 'Dynaudio' soundpack; front and rear carpet mats

Post by Tawny »

Nobby wrote:Hi Tawny

Congratulations :)

Just wondered if you got a 2009 or 2010 model ?
It's the 2010 model. As I understand it, anything built from Week 23 onwards will be 2010. New steering wheel is very nice. I didn't go for the upgraded alloys or Xenons though.

Lunchtime was a quick trip to the supermarket - now the next drive will be the school run - when I can rock up in the school cark park and show those mommies in their 4x4's what it's like to drive a sporty car!
Nobby
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Post by Nobby »

Tawny

Pleased for you :)

I'm still waiting so hopfully I'll get a 2010 :shrug:
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Not sure about the situation outside the UK, but UK cars come with both leads as standard, and if you haven't got it then the dealer is pulling a fast one (expect to pay £25 for an ipod lead if you didn't get yours at delivery, and you don't bring it to the dealer's attention). There have been people that haven't had their leads and the dealer has made out that they're not standard supply with a new VW. If you look in the Scirocco brochure, the leads are listed in the standard equipment, so insist on them if yours are missing.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Tawny

Post by Tawny »

maisbitt wrote:Not sure about the situation outside the UK, but UK cars come with both leads as standard, and if you haven't got it then the dealer is pulling a fast one (expect to pay £25 for an ipod lead if you didn't get yours at delivery, and you don't bring it to the dealer's attention). There have been people that haven't had their leads and the dealer has made out that they're not standard supply with a new VW. If you look in the Scirocco brochure, the leads are listed in the standard equipment, so insist on them if yours are missing.
It was the first thing I looked for - it had two cables, one for iPod, one for MP3 player. Both were in the glovebox.

It's now parked up on the drive at home - annoying the neighbours! My 11 year old son's face was a picture when he saw me in it in the school car park, and was chuffed to bit when he saw some of his friends pointing at it. So it passes the wow factor - even with kids.