Countdown to delivery

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Tawny
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors; Truffle Leather, RDC510 'Dynaudio' soundpack; front and rear carpet mats

Countdown to delivery

Post by Tawny »

I finally got good news from my dealer that my Roc has been built this week (Week 23). On Thursday is was at "Final Assembly Check Level 7" out of 10 apparently and by mid next week they will have the "awaiting shipment" date. He says to expect delivery to me about 3 weeks after the build week so that puts me at end of June. He mentioned that they are stepping up production again, possibly because there is now a big backlog of orders. So, good news for everyone who has a Roc on order but no idea of delivery dates.

I got a decent insurance quote too - Direct Line have quoted me just £10 a month more than I'm paying for my Golf Plus 2.0 TDI sport, so that's fine. :)

VW now offer 7 days free insurance so that makes things easier to get the car taxed - no more scrambling for the insurance cover note to arrive in the post so that the dealer can tax the car moments before its picked up.

Fingers crossed it will be June when I get my first drive. :hyper:

Tawny.
dave007
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Multifunction Steering Wheel with paddles
Rear tints
Premium floor mats
Premium door sills

Re: Countdown to delivery

Post by dave007 »

VW now offer 7 days free insurance so that makes things easier to get the car taxed - no more scrambling for the insurance cover note to arrive in the post so that the dealer can tax the car moments before its picked up.

:clap: Thanks for that info on the insurance. I'm due to collect my week 21 build on Friday 12th June (about 3 weeks after build as you have been quoted) and was just thinking about that Insurance/Tax madness on collection day. Should mean the dealer gets it taxed without faxed cover notes etc.

Reckon you will have yours by the end of the month - Week 23 should mean you get the new spec?

It's going to be a long week, but my wait is nearly over! :hyper: (ordered in March)
KEVINVW
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Dynamic Audio, Flat Tyre Indicator & Folding Mirrors (Yes with Mirror Down Option!)

Post by KEVINVW »

What do you call decent. I had a Golf Gti prior to getting the Scirocco and have just left Direct Line because they were too expensive, got a great deal with Admiral £300 fully comp
Tawny
Options: Parking sensors; Truffle Leather, RDC510 'Dynaudio' soundpack; front and rear carpet mats

Post by Tawny »

Direct Line quoted me £58 a month - we'll get a one year Gap Insurance, they waived the £50 cancellation on the breakdown insurance and said we could reinstate it when we needed it in a year's time. I do quite high mileage too - 20,000 a year.

My Admiral online quote came out at £52 a month. We had both our cars stolen off the drive in the middle of the night 2 years ago (break in through the letter box!) and that's cut down our no-claims bonus somewhat. Because my husband insures his car with Direct Line as well we get a 2 years additional driver discount, so that helps.

Been looking at the posted comments on my "brown" colour choice - Sumatra. Was worried when I realised that it is an odd colour! Very hard to tell I guess so it will either be a terrible shock on delivery day, or a fabulous surprise! :eyepop: Pleased I chose Truffle Leather - I think that will be a good combination.

I told my ex husband about the Sumatra (he's Dealer Principle for a Porsche dealership) and he showed me a stunning Cayenne GTS in "Macadamia" with a sand coloured leather/suede interior - now that is BROWN! He just laughed, and suggested we get the wheels painted black. That sounds like an good idea - £50 a wheel. His Carerra S2 in white with black wheels looked stunning - an idea for all you Candy White Rocs out there?

So, now just waiting, with an added sense of anticipation :hyper:
MerTango
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Pewter Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Sport Pack, Parking sensors, Alcantara catch up interior,
RCD 510, alu. pedals, 18" Chicago's painted matte,
K&W 25mm Springs, Supersprint Exhaust System, Scirocco R LED's,
Bi-Xenon's coming soon...

Post by MerTango »

Sumatra is an interesting colour having just seen one in flesh today exactly with your spec,
well at least the truffle leather, and let me tell you truffle leather looks so damn good
and match the Sumatra so well..
Pewter Roc
Tawny

Post by Tawny »

Good news! Dealer called yesterday to say that my car had gone straight from "Assembly" to "Ship" and is now on the boat on the way to the UK. It should be at their UK Compound in Greenham (wherever that is) and then at the dealership for the PDI sometime next week. It can sometimes take 10 or more days to pass that stage and get it to ship, so I'm really relieved to know it's on the way. :clap:

Plan is to go the dealer on Monday 22nd June to complete the paperwork, do the Voluntary Transfer on my Golf, choose a numberplate and then collect the car on Thursday 25th. I could have it a day or so sooner but need to drive to Doncaster for a meeting and I don't want to the first 300-odd miles in my new car - it needs a more gentle run-in than that.

I said to the dealer "do you know it's BROWN?!" - to which he said, "no, it's not brown, but there was one in the dealership this morning and it looks stunning - you'll love it", so fingers crossed now.
Tawny

Post by Tawny »

Pick up is scheduled for Thursday! Can't wait now. :hyper:

Got off a red-eye flight from Boston on Friday morning and was at the dealer by lunchtime to sort out the final paperwork and choose a numberplate...it was that important!

The VW 7 day free insurance deal was easy to arrange - the dealer completed the online request for a quote and VW called me within 24 hours. 10 minutes of the usual questions about no claims history, convictions, prior claims, age, inside leg measurement etc. but they emailed the covernote to the dealer within 10 minutes and it means that they can now tax it immediately. The Royal Mail could have put paid to my covernote from Direct Line arriving in time and I didn't want to take the risk of any last minute problems. Their quote for an annual premium was £35 a month more than Direct Line, so the 7 days free is all I needed.

So, one last long drive in my Golf up North tomorrow night for a meeting, then 8.30am Thursday I'll be banging on the door of the dealer and then taking pole position in the car park at work. :clap:

Will post pics as soon as I can - my Sumatra/Truffle combo.

I know it's a bit off-topic but the Porsche Panamera is being launched this September (so my inside track informs me) - hope they have a test of that on Top Gear too!
prelude

Post by prelude »

Tawny....you lucky so and so!...My Scirocco, 2.0Tsi, Sumatra, truffle leather, dynaudio etc....you see the similarities (lol) is a few weeks away.....apparently..was ordered early April (ish)! Would be great to see some pics of your new pride and joy when you get chance. Congrats! :D
Dan Fitz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Dynaudio soundpack, Winter pack, DAB & carpets plus have the First aid kit and Triangle on order.

Post by Dan Fitz »

The countdown is killing me, 20 more days and now I have been told I could have to go to Italy that week for work so not going to get to see it for an extra 7 days.:cry:

Popped in to the dealers yesterday to drop of the Fiscon Unit (Thanks for that Neil(fisconuk)), they told me its built and will be shipped very soon for them to inspect the vehicle, even got to pick my plate.

20 more days thou :)