New personal lease Scirocco R coming late Feb/ early March

Everything about the R for potential owners.
tyrone1wils
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Pure White
With a: DSG box

Re: New personal lease Scirocco R coming late Feb/ early Mar

Post by tyrone1wils »

Car looks awesome! Makes me (even) more excited to get mine on the 17th!
ChetRocco
In: Indium Grey
Options: Stock

Post by ChetRocco »

cheers for the feedback, good to know, as long as it isnt Bridgestones, if it was id be changing for Ps4's. I realise the G7R will be a tough/impossible act to follow. Needajobby, will definately post pics once i get it. Mr Golf R was running a JB1 tuning box, wont be looking to replicate with the fwd rocco, i reckon 280 bhp is quite enough!. Have you driven the Scirocco R?, id be interested to hear your observations in comparison to the Golf.
Needajobby
Options: Metallic grey

Post by Needajobby »

No, not driven the scirocco as I just jumped for the lease deal. Couldn't hold off to test drive and possibly risk missing the deal. Our golf is 386 hp / 419 lb ft as APR mapped and VWR600 air intake. JB1 not far off a map in real world. Clearly the scirocco won't be as fast but seldom get to open up the golf properly on the road. Ideally would have gone for another golf but the saving on the scirocco made it a no brainier. Hoping for 90% of the fun for 50% of the cost. There's now way of putting down that much power with FWD, absolutely agree.

I actually didn't mind the Bridgestones although they only lasted 8k miles on front.

There are loads of golf 7R's around now but great car.
ChetRocco
Options: Stock

Post by ChetRocco »

I did the same, was too cheap to miss out!, youre totally right about not being able to use the power most of the time. I guess the scirocco has more exclusivity. will see what the ride is like before figuring out whether to lower or not!. Any plans for yours?
hilder
In: Urano Grey
With a: Manual box

Post by hilder »

Im the same, haven't driven one at all. Ordered in January and only actually seen one in the metal for the first time last week :yummy:
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

No plans to mod ask leasing it, so risky. Just got the call today to arrange delivery on 17th. Couldn't resist and said yes.
tyrone1wils

Post by tyrone1wils »

Needajobby wrote:No plans to mod ask leasing it, so risky. Just got the call today to arrange delivery on 17th. Couldn't resist and said yes.
Same as me :D, where's yours coming from?
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

Tamworth I think. Not keen on the first 300 miles running in up the M6 ...but it's a dirty leaser. What about you?
tyrone1wils

Post by tyrone1wils »

Needajobby wrote:Tamworth I think. Not keen on the first 300 miles running in up the M6 ...but it's a dirty leaser. What about you?
Mines coming from Newcastle, so a good 200 miles up north from me. I've had confirmation from the broker that it will be coming down on a transporter so hopefully yours is the same!
hilder

Post by hilder »

How long ago did you do finance papers? I've just sent mine off today, how long am I looking before I get it? I'm getting impatient now lol.
ChippyR
Options: None

Post by ChippyR »

Sent my finance papers special delivery on Monday and had an email late Tuesday offering delivery the week after (Tuesday 14th). I've delayed for a day but they have yet to confirm. Delivery looks like it's being sorted by the lease company rather than the dealer. Mine is from Newcastle too and being transported rather than driven down. Might have made the trip to collect it myself if they'd have driven it to me. As for running in I think I'll just be careful it's warmed up but I won't take it too easy.

Not test driven anything like the R. Not driven a petrol turbo since my old Impreza 15 years ago.

Looking forward to everyone's pictures and first impressions.
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

I was about 4-5 days from the finance papers to the "your car will be delivered.." call.
hilder

Post by hilder »

Brilliant thanks. Hopefully get the call/email soon. I'm going to collect mine from Crewe, could have had it delivered but this is the first time I've ever had a brand new car. And even though it's a lease I fancied the "collect new car" feeling.

I'll stick plenty of pics up once I have it. I've spent around £350 on cleaning/detailing products all ready and waiting for it to arrive. Think the wife's had it with me :? :hyper:
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

Collecting a new car is great but the sales staff often go on in a "this is the indicator...this is the horn.. " kinda way. Had to be quite blunt a couple of times as you don't care about any of that....just want to drive it! "I'm sure I'll figure it out, gimme the keys now!"
jason146

Post by jason146 »

Hi all

My Roc entered the Uk on Friday and is being delivered to me on a transporter today. My build week was 31 Jan so I was hoping for the car to be in my possession last week but I guess a lot of cars were being built for March delivery (17 plate). Just waiting for the call from the Delivery driver now. EXCITED!!!!!!
mik_94
In: Candy White

Post by mik_94 »

Received my VW Scirocco R DSG White (17 plate) on tuesday this week loving the car :) I got it for £179 a month and £2400 initial payment anyone else got a deal similar to this? Got driven to me from Telford so it arrived with 160 miles he literally gave me the keys asked if i had any questions then told me to have fun lol.

Anyone got any advice on how to drive the car for the first 1000 miles in terms of breaking in the engine?
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

I have had about 20 new cars over the years. Always (even after several years of running) get your oil up to temperature before giving it the full beans. Would also suggest avoiding long motorway jaunts as you want the engine to run up and down the Rev range with some engine breaking in there. Avoid WOT and don't redline it until around 700 miles.

Most importantly enjoy it. I put mines off until 27th so will wait a few weeks yet. Pics please!
Laurence22

Post by Laurence22 »

Hi lads , Quick question i ordered mine through Volkswagen in January , just had an email saying that my monthly payments might increase if the car was to be delivered to me in April due to the tax change . Does this sound right I was under the impression that with a lease/pcp it was included, thanks in advance , ps cracking pic
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Laurence22 wrote:Hi lads , Quick question i ordered mine through Volkswagen in January , just had an email saying that my monthly payments might increase if the car was to be delivered to me in April due to the tax change . Does this sound right I was under the impression that with a lease/pcp it was included, thanks in advance , ps cracking pic
It is included but the price they have quoted you will be at current rates of VED. As the VED rates change in April any increase will be added to the lease costs as they are outwith their control. Effectively the OTR price and annual costs have changed therefore the lease cost will have to reflect that. As their margins will tight they can't just absorb the additional costs.
Laurence22

Post by Laurence22 »

Thanks for the reply, wasn't really expecting that been looking at the tax chart and don't know if I 100% understand it , but have worked out it would be an additional £800 ?? I mean if I knew that before signing on the line I would of probably just bought second hand?