New personal lease Scirocco R coming late Feb/ early March

Everything about the R for potential owners.
ChippyR
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: None

Re: New personal lease Scirocco R coming late Feb/ early Mar

Post by ChippyR »

Mr Hammonds I take it you have used http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do you know what build week you were? It will be interesting to read your first impressions of the car. I've not driven a petrol car since my Cayman S got chopped in for the mk7 Golf GTD last July. What will your R be replacing? Can't say the Cayman was a great car. It was an early model and felt a little agricultural compared to VW products. I only miss the way it looked hence the Scirocco lease.
Sunni
In: Rising Blue
Options: Auto-folding mirrors
Car-Net

Post by Sunni »

Looks like I may be cancelling mine - been given a build date in June!
MrHammonds
In: Candy White

Post by MrHammonds »

Hi again,

So yeh, I didn't even realise you could track with VW and the day that I did with my 8 digit code, I was emailed to say the car was in dealer stock and to arrange a delivery date.

3rd March was the earliest but I'm away on a course, so mines being delivered 6th March.

I've gone from a Honda Civic Type R (FN2 version) and before that I had a Honda Civic Type S 2.2 diesel. Previous to those it was...Mitsubishi FTO's, Celicas, Integras etc, just fancy something a little better inside and with more torque.

Olly
Grasscutter

Post by Grasscutter »

I think you will enjoy it. Did you go for a DSG? I'm just getting into mine. DSG requires a bit more planning ahead if you're in the man seq mode than you may be used with a manual!
Needajobby
Options: Metallic grey

Post by Needajobby »

Is the DSG in manual the wrong way round? i.e. Push gearstick away from yourself for 2nd gear to 3rd change and pull towards yourself for 3rd to 2nd? I intuitively want to do what every other auto box does apart from VAG cars. It infuriates me in the golf and I leave it in auto most of the time as a result.
Grasscutter

Post by Grasscutter »

DSG in manual - push forward to change up (1-2-3-4-5-6) and pull down to change down (6-5-4-3-2-1). At least it is in mine. That seemed intuitive for me immediately. Don't all man seq boxes do this?
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

No, BMW are exact opposite. Intuitive for me as when accelerating you are pushed back, when decelerating or braking, you are pushed forward. Oh well...I'll stay in auto or sport. Cheers.
hilder
In: Urano Grey
With a: Manual box

Post by hilder »

Mine has build date start of next week apparently. Although it's probably sat on a ship somewhere already lol.

Looking very much forward to it. Will be getting mapped not long after I get it. And a few visual tweaks.
tyrone1wils
In: Pure White

Post by tyrone1wils »

Mines at the dealership now, just have to send off finance documents and pay the initial payment and its mine. Got my 17 plate reg already. I don't want to car until mid-end march to line up with my current lease car going back.
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

tyrone1wils wrote:Mines at the dealership now, just have to send off finance documents and pay the initial payment and its mine. Got my 17 plate reg already. I don't want to car until mid-end march to line up with my current lease car going back.
I am exactly the same as you Tyrone. Deposit paid and doing paperwork today, but don't want car until late March. Tempted to take it early but ....resisting!
hilder

Post by hilder »

Im trying to apply for my private plate to be fitted for collection. Hopefully it can be done, but I want the car ASAP as ive sold my car last week and am currently running round in a 1.5 Clio DCi. Whilst the MPG is amazing (300 miles from £30, where as my Megane 225 was 180 miles to £40) the 90bhp is killing me!
jason146

Post by jason146 »

Hi all, new to the forum.

Ordered my R in January with a build date of 31st Jan and was told by dealership it should be with them by the 27th March. Rang up the dealership today and they don't actually know where the car is. Just been on the phone to customer services who have informed me that the car is still being shipped over and won't arrived in Grimsby until Thursday. Anyone know how long it will take for the car to be in my possession once it arrives in the uk?
My current lease car goes back on the 9th so I'm panicking a little.
ChippyR

Post by ChippyR »

The VW website says 7 days to reach the dealer after it arrives in the U.K. That's where I am at the moment as my status changed from in transit today. Just a week to go!
I'd love to do a remap but on a lease car? Not sure I'd want to risk it even it was removed before handing it back.
Has anyone taken delivery yet? I'm keen to read your first thoughts on the R.
hilder

Post by hilder »

Mine will be getting mapped as soon as I can. Along with some lowering springs.

Mines still in "build" :grumpy:
hilder

Post by hilder »

In fact ive just checked again, its now in transit :D
a4gee
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

I`m lost how you guys are getting so cheap deals? Cheapest i`ve seen is £330 for a petrol 180 r line dsg with 15k miles and 3 months up front. SO I`ve no idea how you guys have got a R so cheap?
ChippyR

Post by ChippyR »

Mine was build, week commencing 20-Feb
Then went straight to in transit on 24-Feb
Now in uk on 3-mar
You should only be a week behind hilder given your build week. But I guess you can't guarantee that any 2 cars will follow the same schedule.
You not worried about them detecting the remap when you hand it back? Both my TDi and GTD have been done but they are both mine. Also I'm unlikely to keep hold of the R after 2 years unless they would take 15k for it!
ChippyR

Post by ChippyR »

Good news hilder.
Yes, i think the deals were around mid to late January. Was looking at a Golf R but the Scirocco was £100 cheaper a month so was too good to resist.
hilder

Post by hilder »

I can always take the map off once it goes back if needed, my friend has his own tuning company so he will be doing it anyway.

Hopefully ill only be a week behind you then!

I got my deal first week in January, £2.5k down, 10k miles, £213 per month.

Ive just spent £300 on car cleaning products to keep it pristine, and its arranged for a 3 stage machine polish to remove and swirls left from factory. Then a few visual tweaks and then hopefully ill leave it alone :shake:
tyrone1wils

Post by tyrone1wils »

Mines been at the dealership since the end of feb! no idea how I've waited but mine is being delivered on 17th March. The same day my previous lease ends, can't wait!