New personal lease Scirocco R coming late Feb/ early March

Everything about the R for potential owners.
MrHammonds
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

New personal lease Scirocco R coming late Feb/ early March

Post by MrHammonds »

Evening guys,

Just saying hi and introducing myself.

Got my new Scirocco R coming soon, got a cracking lease deal (at least I think it is... unless proved otherwise haha!).

Ended up getting a White Scirocco R DSG for £300 a month (3 month up front of £900) on a 3 year lease with 10k miles a year.

Can't wait to take delivery!

Just a couple of questions, any tech on the car as standard that you were like "ah, didn't know it had that" as I've read that it has lane assist etc?

Also, what sort of miles are people getting out of the front tyres on the 280 version?

Cheers,

Olly
Needajobby
Options: Metallic grey

Re: New personal lease Scirocco R coming late Feb/ early Mar

Post by Needajobby »

Welcome aboard Olly,

I think I'm from the same lease batch / deal as got my DSG R for £250/month with 9 down and 15k miles. When is your car due? My build week is tomorrow and expect delivery late March.

Were you limited on spec choice too? I had choice of colours but that was about my only choice, no goodies. Can manage for 2 years at such a price.
Sunni
In: Rising Blue
Options: Auto-folding mirrors
Car-Net

Post by Sunni »

In the same boat - I've ordered a Scirocco R DSG in Metallic Rising Blue and went for a couple of options.

No build date yet!
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

I think it's around 4 weeks from build date to delivery, so maybe optimistic if you want the car in late Feb?
ChippyR
In: Indium Grey
Options: None

Post by ChippyR »

Me too. My DSG R is being built w/c 20 Feb and is indium grey as they had run out of white and the no cost urano grey. No options available and I'll really miss cruise control. How can a car with heated full leather seats which must be a £1000+ option and sat nav not be offered with cruise as standard? Was looking at a Golf R but this was going to be another £75 a month and would have been the old spec Golf 7 rather than the Golf 7.5. Got mine at 298 a month for 2 years with 10k a year and a 3 month deposit. Let me know your costs and I'll plug them into my spreadsheet. My car is from Lookers in Newcastle upon Tyne (via https://www.nationalvehiclesolutions.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) so it would be interesting to see the price if I'd approached them directly.
Needajobby let me know the progress on your car as I guess mine will be a week behind.
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

No problem with the updates but even though my car may be ready mid March, I probably won't collect until 31st March. I still have my 330d until May, so too many cars to take any earlier. I have also ordered Indium and it looks nice in the few photos around. I can really recommend the golf 7R if you get chance in future as my wife uses ours. It's APR stage 1 and very quick (386bhp 419lbft). I'll keep you posted as you will probably end up in the same boat as me.
pedroSWFC
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

Post by pedroSWFC »

same boat as the rest of you guys but here's an update of delivery timescales

built w/c 16th of jan so was built in around a week since then it has been transported to the dock and sat there for 2 weeks from what I can work out
due to be on the shipping boat 15th feb advised it takes round 3 days transit
now hoping for a quick turn around at the uk port and pick up 25th with some luck fingers crossed
ChippyR

Post by ChippyR »

I've found a few decent pics of indium grey Sciroccos on autotrader. I'll try to post some when mine arrives. Also have a carbon grey mk7 GTD which had a minor prang last week (o/h not me!) but it should be fixed up by then. The colour comparison should be interesting. Not looking forward to mine sitting at the docks for 2 weeks but thanks for the warning.
Grasscutter

Post by Grasscutter »

Leasing noob here.

Where do you get these deals? Are you looking around constantly?

Will they kill you on the extra mileage if you get a low monthly payment?

Do you worry too much about going over the budgeted mileage? If I do 10-13K, presume I'm better off going for a 15K one.
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

I used a comparison site contracthireandleasing.com and then went on the individual site to gee a quote. The deals pop up every so often and go fast, so you do have to check every day. You will have to pay any excess mileage costs if you go over, but they're not always too expensive. I would also say don't overestimate your miles as you overpay ang get no miney back if you are under milage at the end if the lease. They will also do 13k policies, just ask them for a price once you get the stanard quote (rounded to nearest 5k) off the website.

Best advuce is keep looking and don't limit yoursekf to one car. Best deals are if you are flexible on car choice.
ChippyR

Post by ChippyR »

National vehicle solutions have a special offers list which is worth looking at. I'm sure other sites do the same. Good deals on the Leon Cupra at the moment but not sure on delivery dates. You can get a quote for any car but the good deals are worth searching for. Not sure why the R deals were so good. Maybe VW trying to register cars before the new car tax rates come into effect. I hear rumours that VW won't update the car again to the Golf 7 chassis or beyond. If you find a deal worth going for it's worth approaching a dealer directly to see if they can beat the deal. Excess mileage isn't usually that expensive but always check your small print. I'm lucky that me and the other half share a GTD so my extra miles will go on that.
hilder
In: Urano Grey

Post by hilder »

Ive also ordered a lease one. Urano Grey, manual.

2 year lease, £2.5k down £211 per month (chose to put more down to bring down payments down per month)

I have no expected date as yet, was told end of March so assuming ill get a date soon.

Extremely excited. Coming from a 2006 Megane 225 will be a nice upgrade :)
ivano_93
In: Deep Black

Post by ivano_93 »

ChippyR wrote:Me too. My DSG R is being built w/c 20 Feb and is indium grey as they had run out of white and the no cost urano grey. No options available and I'll really miss cruise control. How can a car with heated full leather seats which must be a £1000+ option and sat nav not be offered with cruise as standard? Was looking at a Golf R but this was going to be another £75 a month and would have been the old spec Golf 7 rather than the Golf 7.5. Got mine at 298 a month for 2 years with 10k a year and a 3 month deposit. Let me know your costs and I'll plug them into my spreadsheet. My car is from Lookers in Newcastle upon Tyne (via https://www.nationalvehiclesolutions.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) so it would be interesting to see the price if I'd approached them directly.
Needajobby let me know the progress on your car as I guess mine will be a week behind.
100% agree about the cruise control. it must be a ploy to get you to add it on for the extra cost as it is such as basic extra these days. even my 14 year old bmw has it !! LOL
it might be worth asking your supplier if they can fit the cruise control for you after the car has been delivered. the VW delaer i am getting my lease from said that is an option for me if i want.
ChippyR

Post by ChippyR »

Cruise in my mk5 golf tdi was 150 +vat retro fit at hazzydayz so a total no brainier. I think this was cheaper than it would have been on the original price list. Same stalk for the R is 395 +vat so must be more to it on the R. For a 2 year lease I'll just have to put up with it. I'll ask the dealer but I doubt they would be cheaper. No cruise on the Polo GTI which I considered as a lease as it would be easier to park in the back streets of Bristol.
Hilder did you get an order number to track on the VW owners website? That's all I am going by. Tried to contact the dealer today but they didn't answer my email.
hilder
In: Urano Grey

Post by hilder »

ChippyR wrote:Hilder did you get an order number to track on the VW owners website? That's all I am going by. Tried to contact the dealer today but they didn't answer my email.
I haven't got this yet no. Which is worrying me slightly as to when the car will actually come. Ive sold my Megane now so im carless until the Scirocco is ready :(
ChippyR

Post by ChippyR »

I'd ask for the order number from wherever you ordered the car. I got mine after a week and have been tracking it just in case it changes status. There is a facility to get text messages but this didn't work when the build date was confirmed. Who was the car ordered through? And who is the supplying dealer? My build should be next week so hopefully the status will change soon.
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

My build date is this week but still stuck on stage 3 (build week confirmed). Not much left of this week...
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Needajobby wrote:My build date is this week but still stuck on stage 3 (build week confirmed). Not much left of this week...
System has a delay in it. Your car has probably been built.
Needajobby

Post by Needajobby »

Thanks bob. I remember something similar with the Golf. It jumped to "in transit" so could be same again.
MrHammonds
In: Candy White

Post by MrHammonds »

Sorry haven't replied for ages, totally forgot about the post.

Yeh I've just got my reg allocated and they are saying 1st March delivery for me (hopefully).

I didn't spec any other options because I wanted to stay under £300, so I just got the white at a little/ no extra cost.

I used Gateway2Lease, was really quick and easy... just got to keep an eye out for deals, allcarleasing is good as well.

Didn't want to put down a massive deposit so went with the £900 deposit, £300 a month for 10k miles a year.

Can't wait to get it, not long now!

MrHammonds