Ordered up... she's here!

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Scirocket
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Premium Bluetooth

Ordered up... she's here!

Post by Scirocket »

...and man I want it already.

Ordered my 200bhp Candy White monster last week and damn I can't wait to get my mits on it. Dealer gave me a call today to confirm spec and reckoned on a delivery date of 7th September, which was quicker than I expected.

That thash on the test drive seems so long ago and I am one impatient mofo! :grumpy:
Last edited by Scirocket on Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Darkness
In: Sumatra
Options: Parking sensor, folding mirrors, cruise and flat indicator.

Re: Ordered up...

Post by The Darkness »

The white looks stunning; great choice :D
prelude
In: Sumatra

Post by prelude »

sorry to tell you this but it really DRAGS!!!! Try locking yourself away in a dark room with a large supply of budweiser, a PS3, and a copy of war and peace..only leave the day before your ROC is ready..that way it wont seem like it's been a chuffing lifetime.........aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhh! :eyepop: mines a 'few' weeks away...ordered late March/early April..
Scirocket

Post by Scirocket »

Had a call from the stealers today to say that Pedro has built the car and it's currently waiting on Captain Birdseye to ship it to the UK.

Two weeks to go, chamoan! I'm missing my old A4 and I'm bored of the Passat diesel now, need something new and shiny to play with!
youvebinaced
Options: Black Vienna Leather
DVD Sat Nav
Bluetooth Phone System
Panoramic Glass Sun Roof
Parking Sensors
Electrically Folding Door Mirrors
Hill Hold Function
19" Lugano Alloy Wheels
Cruise Control
8K HID Dipped Beam (mod)
LED Sidelights (mod)
Tinted Front Windows (mod)

Post by youvebinaced »

Scirocket wrote:Had a call from the stealers today to say that Pedro has built the car and it's currently waiting on Captain Birdseye to ship it to the UK.

Two weeks to go, chamoan! I'm missing my old A4 and I'm bored of the Passat diesel now, need something new and shiny to play with!
I feel your pain, i've waited nearly 15 weeks for mine picking her up in 2 days :D
My car is now for sale, for just £16,000, fair price so please no silly offers :)
Scirocket

Post by Scirocket »

Well, I guess someone listened to my rants because it rolled into the dealership this morning, happy days :D

Picking her up next Thursday, can't wait!
alo6
In: Salsa Red
Options: winter pack, cruise control, electric folding mirrors.

Post by alo6 »

aren't you lucky. ive been waiting like 7weeks so far and still got till 7th dec!!

65days!+ all the checks and crap.
build week 46!
Scirocket

Post by Scirocket »

Ding dong!

After 4 months and 3 failed delivery dates, she finally rolled out of hiding yesterday and landed in one of our company car parks. Could only pick it up this morning as I was in meetings all day yesterday though, it was a sleepless night!

For the past 3 months I've been getting a ribbing from my mates/colleagues for ordering a white one and I don't mind admitting, after seeing a Rising Blue one a few weeks back I was starting to doubt my choice, but after seeing it in the flesh this morning all of those doubts quickly disappeared. It might not be to everyone's taste but in the flesh, all I can say is wow, it really is a stunning car.

Anyway, enough bragging, I'm off to rip up some of the best B roads I can find!

SPOGSHD
Options: Sunroof, 19" alloys, bluetooth, rear parking senses, folding mirrors, winter pack, Xenon lights, black leather seats, dynaudio.

Post by SPOGSHD »

alo6 wrote:aren't you lucky. ive been waiting like 7weeks so far and still got till 7th dec!!

65days!+ all the checks and crap.
Ditto. Our day will come.
Ordered 18th Aug, now confirmed for week 45
30th Oct, I'm at check point 4, half way through my build.
2nd Nov check point 5
5 Nov At Dockside
At the dealers Fri 20th Nov
JMP
Options: Sat Nav Radio, Parking Sensors.

Post by JMP »

Scirocket wrote:For the past 3 months I've been getting a ribbing from my mates/colleagues for ordering a white one and I don't mind admitting, after seeing a Rising Blue one a few weeks back I was starting to doubt my choice, but after seeing it in the flesh this morning all of those doubts quickly disappeared. It might not be to everyone's taste but in the flesh, all I can say is wow, it really is a stunning car.
Glad to hear that, been getting the same thing myself. Quote 'it's your mid life crises pimp car' has been the latest... almost everyone else in my department has got a Merc, talk about following a trend...

Must admit though, the wait for your Roc is not good, when you see other colours 1:1 that look good too, it makes you wonder. Anyway, despite several doubt periods of my own, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with my white choice too (despite how popular it is for Rocs). Yours looks ace and can't wait for mine (Jan).
alo6
In: Salsa Red
Options: winter pack, cruise control, electric folding mirrors.

Post by alo6 »

JMP wrote:
Scirocket wrote:For the past 3 months I've been getting a ribbing from my mates/colleagues for ordering a white one and I don't mind admitting, after seeing a Rising Blue one a few weeks back I was starting to doubt my choice, but after seeing it in the flesh this morning all of those doubts quickly disappeared. It might not be to everyone's taste but in the flesh, all I can say is wow, it really is a stunning car.
Glad to hear that, been getting the same thing myself. Quote 'it's your mid life crises pimp car' has been the latest... almost everyone else in my department has got a Merc, talk about following a trend...

Must admit though, the wait for your Roc is not good, when you see other colours 1:1 that look good too, it makes you wonder. Anyway, despite several doubt periods of my own, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with my white choice too (despite how popular it is for Rocs). Yours looks ace and can't wait for mine (Jan).
yea, im feeling that way about viper green instead of the candy white i ordered.
build week 46!