XENON's

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Tymondo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

XENON's

Post by Tymondo »

Hi All,

I find that when the dipped beam is on it's far to low and I would like to raise the beam.

I believe they are self levelling so I assume I can't adjust this at all?
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: XENON's

Post by Cuprabob »

The reference datum that is used by the self levelling system can be adjusted using VCDS. A lot of people lower their car but do not amend the datum for the Xenon lights meaning they shine too low.

Also worth checking the sensors on the front and rear passenger side wishbones as the rods are prone to damage.
Tymondo
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

As ever thanks for your hasty and informative reply :yes:
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

You dont necessarily need vcds.
Just turn them on and set the height using the allen key adjusters on the headlight.
Mine were awfully low even when my car was stock. Soon sorted that out lol
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
Tymondo
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

Cheers for your reply Jay. Cars getting lowered this week coming so might just wait until that's done now