Potential Mods and ideas

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Tymondo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Potential Mods and ideas

Post by Tymondo »

Well after years of debating whether to change anything mechanical and alter the appearance to much i have decided what the hell.

Question is what to do as I haven't got a huge budget. I'm going to leave £1500-£2000 a side to play around with and wondered what people would do with that budget.

The car is standard at the moment but should be getting a Apr stage 1 this weekend with any luck. After that I was thinking induction kit and diverter valve, Iridium plugs, Keep wheels Oem but have the sprayed gun metal, tint the windows so they are all the same tint and keep them legal, MTEC disk and pads and have the calipers painted blue.

Anyone got any suggestions on do's and dont's?
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

R44MNT
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Re: Potential Mods and ideas

Post by R44MNT »

well,

My money would be going on an air intake and exhaust + a map this should see at about 330bhp. Standard plugs and standard diverted valve are more than adequate for this power. Then you can save a couple hundred quid, buy a High Pressure Fuel Pump and run 360. Im now currently looks at Gt30 as stock internals can take about 450bhp 450/470lbf.
Tymondo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Re: Potential Mods and ideas

Post by Tymondo »

Had APR stage 1 put on today and really impressed with the difference.

If anything it's made me think about steering and braking as opposed to more power now. Not convinced with the R's standard brakes
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;