Buying a Scirocco R

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Tymondo
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Buying a Scirocco R

Post by Tymondo »

Hi all,

Well i have finally taken the plunge and agreed to purchase a scirocco r.

I have a few quick questions, its 2011 with 81k mileage. It has a FSH history and i have agreed to purchase the car at £11.5k.

I have completed a HPI check which has passed and come back to with irregular checks.

I have never purchase before and wanted to some help / guidance on the purchase procedure. The seller wants a bank transfer and to get ready to get rid so i can collect tomorrow and i have only first saw the car today.

Does the car sound to cheap and i would appreciate any help / tips and advice regarding the buying process.

Its non leather and manual. Basic R
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jake-w07
In: Candy White

Re: Buying a Scirocco R

Post by Jake-w07 »

Seems like good money to me I paid just over 15 for mine with 45k and vwfsh

I'd make sure the timing belt has been changed. Isit standard or has it been remapped etc?

I would always to prefer to pay cash personally but that's just me

What colour have you gone for ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tymondo
In: Deep Black
Options: R - APR Stage 2+, Milltek cat back no resonated, Peron Intercooler, Forge hoses, Anti-Lift Kit, RS4 FPRV, VWR Induction, VWR Springs, GFB DV+, NGK Iridium plugs. Cup Spoiler and Maxton Splitter, Side skirts and diffuser.
GT TDI - Now sold

Post by Tymondo »

I took the plunge and bought the motor. Its in Black and im loving it so far! I thought i might try and just use it at the weekends to keep the mileage down. Its a very basic R, comes without leather seats, DSG or rear parking sensors but it really does power through the gears. Ive done 250 miles since sunday and averaged 19MPG :yes:

I now have 2 Sciroccos on the drive though so im sure the neighbours think im mad :shrug:
Scirocco R Build thread -> http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=23485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dazarooni
I drive a: Haven't decided yet

Post by Dazarooni »

Tymondo wrote:I took the plunge and bought the motor. Its in Black and im loving it so far! I thought i might try and just use it at the weekends to keep the mileage down. Its a very basic R, comes without leather seats, DSG or rear parking sensors but it really does power through the gears. Ive done 250 miles since sunday and averaged 19MPG :yes:

I now have 2 Sciroccos on the drive though so im sure the neighbours think im mad :shrug:
And when VW hopefully brings out the 4th generation Scirocco, you'll have 3 on the drive. :p