My 2.0 TSI

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
olechr1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Black leather, ACC, Black badges, Resonator delete, Lowered 40mm, Oettinger remap, Dectane red/clear taillights, R8 coilpack

Re: My 2.0 TSI

Post by olechr1337 »

Mortyy wrote:
olechr1337 wrote: Yeah mine started having issues on friday... The City/driving light on the left taillight stopped working.. Still waiting for a reply from Dectane for a replacement light or spare parts!

By the way, i think you should check if the facelift lights fits properly, i do belive the tailgate on the newer car is different therefore the taillights are a different shape! Not 100% sure but yeah

Sent fra min D5803 via Tapatalk

Have you spoken with dectane regarding that one of them stopped working?
mine still works just fine :) strange that yours doesnt...

as far as i can recall, it is the UK guys that have problems with the dectanes, regarding the foglight.. this because they are made for LHD cars (as they are in germany). When you try to put them on a RHD car, the fogs are messing it up [emoji14]
Have sent them an e-mail but no answer yet...!

olechr1337
Options: Black leather, ACC, Black badges, Resonator delete, Lowered 40mm, Oettinger remap, Dectane red/clear taillights, R8 coilpack

Post by olechr1337 »

Since my last update i have recived the new exhaust to fit the R-bumper!
Snapchat-5507754732597496142.jpg
Snapchat-8441299647832275971.jpg
Finally got a answer from Dectane about the taillights aswell... They will send me a new set ASAP. Tired of driving around like this now.. Been about 4 weeks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

R8 coils fitted! Hopefully no more issues!

olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

IMG_20151122_001549.jpg
Picked up some new rims for winter the other day! Getting tires next week and they will be on the car, hopefully by next weekend [emoji16]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

Got the taillights and the rear windows tinted yesterday. One of my best "mods" so far!

Excuse the dirty car... Impossible to keep the car clean during winter im Norway..

Mortyy
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
Options: parkingsensor, multifunction steering, rainsensor, dynaudio

Post by Mortyy »

yeeeah.. regarding the tailights... mine broke.. left one :(

but they will not send me a new pair, i have to send them back to dectane so they can check them... gonna cost me a furtune!
olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

Mortyy wrote:yeeeah.. regarding the tailights... mine broke.. left one :(

but they will not send me a new pair, i have to send them back to dectane so they can check them... gonna cost me a furtune!
Sad to hear that....

Do you really have to send them all the way back??? All they told me to do was send the a picture of the production date sticker and a picture of the back of the car to show the taillights to let them see that my left light was broken and also a picture of the broken taillight taken of the car. Took ages to get the new set but since I complained to PayPal when not getting an answer fot 3-4 weeks i got my money back and right afterwards they sent me a new set that took 4-5 weeks to arrive... :fall:
Then again i technically didn't pay anything so cant really complain :) so if you paid with PayPal, at least try to send a complaint to them and then you might get your money back at least!
GTS_UA
I drive a: GTS TSI

Post by GTS_UA »

Where have the carbon spoiler gone? :(
olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

GTS_UA wrote:Where have the carbon spoiler gone? :(
Sadly fell off the other day :( have not taken the time to glue it on instead. Might happen next week!

olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

Got a little package in the mail today. EBC front disc and Yellow stuff R front/rear pads!

Cant wait to fit them!

tommy
In: Viper Green
Options: 19" Lugano anthricate alloy wheels
DSG gearbox
Cup Spoiler
Heated leather seats
VR Cold-Air intake
BCS Full Turbo Back 200 Cell Sport exhaust with black ceramic tips
RNS-510
Ecotech Performance remapped
Forge big brake kits 6 pots 356mm front
Forge big brake kits 4 pots 330mm rear

Post by tommy »

olechr1337 wrote:Got a little package in the mail today. EBC front disc and Yellow stuff R front/rear pads!

Cant wait to fit them!

What size rear discs do you have mate? I couldn't find yellow stuff for 255mm only red stuff :(
olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

tommy wrote:
olechr1337 wrote:Got a little package in the mail today. EBC front disc and Yellow stuff R front/rear pads!

Cant wait to fit them!

What size rear discs do you have mate? I couldn't find yellow stuff for 255mm only red stuff :(
255mm as far as i know. Checked the dimensions of the OEM rear pads in a Pagid catalogue at work and found the matching dimensions on the Yellow Stuff R pads. Partnumber should be DP4680B :)

tommy
In: Viper Green
Options: 19" Lugano anthricate alloy wheels
DSG gearbox
Cup Spoiler
Heated leather seats
VR Cold-Air intake
BCS Full Turbo Back 200 Cell Sport exhaust with black ceramic tips
RNS-510
Ecotech Performance remapped
Forge big brake kits 6 pots 356mm front
Forge big brake kits 4 pots 330mm rear

Post by tommy »

Ah that was it. Now I remember I did look at the ones you have got (EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads DP4680R) which has dimensions of 87 x 53 x 15... I didn't order that because when I checked the OEM dimensions, it showed up as 87 x 53 x 17 for some reasons which matched with EBC Redstuff Brake Pads DP31230C. I suppose it is only 2mm different in thickness... I am just being pedantic - sorry for the confusion :faint:
olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

tommy wrote:Ah that was it. Now I remember I did look at the ones you have got (EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads DP4680R) which has dimensions of 87 x 53 x 15... I didn't order that because when I checked the OEM dimensions, it showed up as 87 x 53 x 17 for some reasons which matched with EBC Redstuff Brake Pads DP31230C. I suppose it is only 2mm different in thickness... I am just being pedantic - sorry for the confusion :faint:
I know that feeling of it having to be "perfect". I did actually call my dad who used to be a mechanic, just to make sure, when i saw the 2mm difference in thickness and he couldn't see a reason why that should be a problem in any way as long as it was not wider then the OEM pads. So should be allright

olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

3" downpipe installed [emoji16]

KMStringy
With a: Manual box

Post by KMStringy »

Very Nice mate
olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

Summerwheels are finally on the car!

19 inch XXR 530's 8.75" ET35 with 235/35-19 Toyo Proxes T1 Sport tires

olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

Decided to post a bit more pictures of the car to show the new

Fitment is pretty good. Thinking it might be perfect with some 3 or 5mm spacers.

Also got some Eibach Pro-Street S coilovers Today, to be fitted soon!

olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

Finally on coilovers!!

olechr1337

Post by olechr1337 »

Plastidipped the wheels lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk