Am i doing something wrong?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Cooper1981
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: It came with Black Vienna Leather, Nav, Pano Roof, Park Sensors, Winter Pack.

Am i doing something wrong?

Post by Cooper1981 »

Its probably me doing something wrong but when i unlock the car the windows drop so not to catch on the window seals as usual. But then when i start the ignition they drop again then close immediately. Is this normal?
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Re: Am i doing something wrong?

Post by maisbitt »

Doesn't sound normal to me, unless you're one of these people who start the ignition before you close your door?

The glass should drop when you open the door and raise again when you close it. It shouldn't then drop and close the glass again when you turn on the ignition.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Cooper1981
Options: It came with Black Vienna Leather, Nav, Pano Roof, Park Sensors, Winter Pack.

Post by Cooper1981 »

Cheers. I'll get it booked into the dealers.
bwfly88
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Panoramic sunroof, Leather seats, DVD SAT NAV & Dynaudio, Bluetooth tele prep, Parking sensors

Post by bwfly88 »

When you unlock the car the windows automatically drops but is on a time delay so will pop up after a certain amount of time.
Whn you close the door they shut automatically.
When you take the key out of the ignition they drop automatically for you to open the door.
Well thats how it works on my roc anyway :shrug:
Cooper1981

Post by Cooper1981 »

I know how they are supposed to work but i'm saying as soon as i turn the key in the ignition they drop then come straight back up again.
Blueroc
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather Upholstery, Winter Pack, DVD/Dynaudio, Electric Folding Mirrors,
Cruise Control, Bi Xenon Headlights, Parking Sensors

Post by Blueroc »

Cooper1981 wrote:I know how they are supposed to work but i'm saying as soon as i turn the key in the ignition they drop then come straight back up again.
It happens to me occasionally, but I assumed it was because I was accidentally pressing either the lock/unlock button on the key as I turned it.

Dave
dchuraman

Post by dchuraman »

same thing happened to me, until it got so bad they would just go up and down continuously really quickly. turned out to be faulty ignition switch. replaced under warranty. get it sorted as it started to make all the electronics flash on and off really quickly when i turned the key
Cooper1981

Post by Cooper1981 »

I'm going to take it in tomorrow and also get them to check out the knocking in the passenger door as well :rolleyes:
nickp
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Anthracite Leather, Dynaudio Soundpack, Park Sensor, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Smoking Pack,
Carpet Mats. GT Steering Wheel Badge, Metal Pedals, Pewter Arsenal Key Ring.

Post by nickp »

Cooper1981 wrote:I'm going to take it in tomorrow and also get them to check out the knocking in the passenger door as well :rolleyes:
Are you sure the passenger door knocking isn't your sunglasses rattling in their overhead cubby?
I could have sworn my knocking came from my passenger door but it was my sunnies rattling around.
I sussed it thanks to a post on here before I had to take it back to the dealers.
Cooper1981

Post by Cooper1981 »

Pretty sure its behind the door card. It sounds like a CD case rattling around, but there is no CD case there. Spooky!
Chillout
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Viper Green
Options: 1.4TSI Stage 1++(~220BHP), sunroof, 18" Interlagos, black interior rooflining, premium leather multifunctional steering wheel, electronic mirrors, tinted rear windows, footwell lighting, fog lights, coming/leaving home, mats, smokers pack, media-connection, cruise control and lots more...

Post by Chillout »

be sure to check out this post:
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =25&t=2051

I think it's the same issue: that it's actually not an issue...