Really daft question i think

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
eddiegoon
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Really daft question i think

Post by eddiegoon »

Hi all,
New here, I have a strange problem with my roco I have ran a check on the car and it says its a automatic trip tronic but it has a manual gear box and a clutch?. Now I've just given the greatest noob question of all time or I've just had my pants pulled down by my local dealer!!!!! :eyepop:
Viking
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
Options: None

Re: Really daft question i think

Post by Viking »

Where did you run the check?
eddiegoon

Post by eddiegoon »

Total car check.....also the insurance said it was auto triptronic.......ive dropped a right one here haven't I?
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

A lot of tdi cars was registered as autos when in fact they are manual. Mine is one of them. No issue just make sure you tell insurance company
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
eddiegoon

Post by eddiegoon »

Thank god for that!!!!! Does yours on the centre console arrow up when to change gear?.
Deft
In: Indium Grey
Options: Rear parking sensors

Post by Deft »

For what it's worth, my TDI also says DSG on any online number plate check, when it is actually a manual. Mine has the shift icons on the display.
eddiegoon

Post by eddiegoon »

Deft wrote:For what it's worth, my TDI also says DSG on any online number plate check, when it is actually a manual. Mine has the shift icons on the display.
Cheers all for the quick response......Just spoken to VW and they have it as a manual.
stmouk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Night Blue

Post by stmouk »

Sure you have checked your V5C to see if that's correct. My old BM was manual but VC5 had it as an Auto. Was a right pain & time-consuming ( Proof from BMW for DVLA ) to get it changed. Worth a check mate.
eddiegoon

Post by eddiegoon »

Will check when I'm home......I can see it going the way you have mentioned...Great!
Viking
I drive a: Haven't decided yet
Options: None

Post by Viking »

Pass it back tot he dealers and tell them to sort it.
stmouk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Night Blue

Post by stmouk »

Hi Ed, In your MFD Display do you have the digital speedo as KPH ? Cannot seem to find anyway of changing this to MPH.
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

stmouk wrote:Hi Ed, In your MFD Display do you have the digital speedo as KPH ? Cannot seem to find anyway of changing this to MPH.
You need to change the coding electronically via VCDS or similar software. Not possible to change it via normal switches. There is a thread on here somewhere that tells you how to do it.
easyrider
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: sensors, folding mirrors, cup spoiler, pano roof, cruise, 19s, leather, rns510, power seat, xenons, LED interior/exterior & puddle lights, vwr springs, fluffy driver's glovebox, aardvark

Post by easyrider »

salsajoe wrote:
stmouk wrote:Hi Ed, In your MFD Display do you have the digital speedo as KPH ? Cannot seem to find anyway of changing this to MPH.
You need to change the coding electronically via VCDS or similar software. Not possible to change it via normal switches. There is a thread on here somewhere that tells you how to do it.

rest of world setting, top one, here: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... +one+place" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Victor's thread: http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=17412" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: @quietresonance