My scirocco major update

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
HuskyJord

Re: My scirocco facelift project * tinted tail lights

Post by HuskyJord »

Cheers niqlai, mine is 2010. I have the plugs for 2015, i have printouts from volkswagen but they show same wiring colours but they actually arent. LED multiplug uses different wiring colours. I cant work it out from the bulb holder as there isnt one as LED. Hopefully you can help. Ta
Strong
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: White leather diamond pattern stitching (Part-Time Upholster)
Matt Light Grey Interlagos 18" Alloys
Led interior
Remapped to 160bhp by previous owner

Post by Strong »

Hello,
Does anyone have the part number for the connectors for the 2015 tail lights? I went down to my local vw dealer and they said that the part doesn't exist.. -_- and does anyone know the part number for the bcm upgrade for the 2015 tail lights?
Any help is much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strong
Led interior

Post by Strong »

Niqlai wrote:
HuskyJord wrote:Cars looking good mate,

I read you maybe the man to help with info on rewiring rear light connectors for leds? Any vagcom changes requiring. If you can spare a min would be appreciated. Ta
I can try :) .. what year is your car from ?
Hello pal,
I think I'm in the same boat as huskyjord,
Trying to figure out the rewiring,
Again any help and advice is much appreciated
Thanks

Strong
Led interior

Post by Strong »

Niqlai wrote:
HuskyJord wrote:Cars looking good mate,

I read you maybe the man to help with info on rewiring rear light connectors for leds? Any vagcom changes requiring. If you can spare a min would be appreciated. Ta
I can try :) .. what year is your car ... d Thanks

xjay1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, THS IC, Revo /Forge Intake, Oil Cooler, , 3” Eurojet TBE, AKS SS kit, Recaro PP, Schroth 4 point, Rear seat delete, R bumper, CF GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, DB9 BBK w/ 340mm discs, pMu H16, S3 rear brakes, DNX520VBT, Hertz Audio

Post by xjay1337 »

Really like the Mk7 dash cluster. Nice!
click for build thread
Check out Fat Bear Photography
Jimijokela
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
Options: Airlift Performance suspension, Work Emitz 10"x19", 10.5"x19", R-bodykit and exhaust, Mk7 flat bottom steering wheel, remap, carbon interior, fully working Facelift R bi-xenons.

Post by Jimijokela »

Have you sorted out the afs problem on your headlights yet? Mines doesnt adjust when starting. Also they are flashing but i'll try playing with dimming if its possible with vcds.
Last edited by Jimijokela on Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elek
I drive a: R-Line
In: Pure White

Post by Elek »

I am also looking for some help regarding the LED rear light upgrade, as I am making a 2014 R line into a 2015 (facelift)

I know i may need to change the BCM but i really really REALLY need some help with the wiring of the connectors, I have the new lights fitted. But i need to wire them in.

Could you help?

Great car btw.

Thanks

Elek
lostpoint
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: Facelift R conversion, R brakes, OZ Wave 18'' alloys, RDKS, Competition-grade aftermarket infotainment

Post by lostpoint »

Elek wrote:I am also looking for some help regarding the LED rear light upgrade, as I am making a 2014 R line into a 2015 (facelift)

I know i may need to change the BCM but i really really REALLY need some help with the wiring of the connectors, I have the new lights fitted. But i need to wire them in.
First of all, you have to order 2 x 1K8972928 sockets and 6 x 000979025E repair wires (each has 2 pins on its ends, so cut them in half to get 12 pins with wires on them).

Then, cut old sockets and assemble/wire new sockets observing the following scheme:

OLD -> NEW
1 -> 3 (the wire that previously was connected to pin 1 of old connector should now be connected to pin 3 of the new connector)
2 -> 7
3 -> 8
4 -> 5
5 -> 4
6 -> 6

After that, you can install your new rear lights. They will generally work, but slightly wrong (brake lights will light up dimmed when you'll turn sidelights on).
You will have to reconfigure your BCM using Vag Can Pro (VCP).
I can provide you with further data when you came to that step.

You don't need to replace BCM if you're not installing facelift headlights. Rear lights can be easily configured using VCP.
Elek

Post by Elek »

Oh buddy that's amazing thank you very much.

The car is a 2014 Rocco R line, that i am facelifting to 2015 spec, so i have all the head lights, rear lights and forgs etc installed.

I just need the get them working properly. Thank you for your help.!

Could you possibly email me all the data you have regarding this? as i cannot PM at this time.

I have access to Vag com, but not VCP would that be ok to configure them?
lostpoint
Options: Facelift R conversion, R brakes, OZ Wave 18'' alloys, RDKS, Competition-grade aftermarket infotainment

Post by lostpoint »

Nope, you should get VCP somewhere. Drop me email to <my-nickname-here>@icloud.com
Elek

Post by Elek »

Would that be username...at icloud? just sent you a mail buddy thanks!
davidscirocco
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: panorama tilting roof, electric
"interlagos" alloy wheels
sport pack
RCD 510
air-contition Climatronic with dual- zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable

Post by davidscirocco »

lostpoint wrote:
Elek wrote:I am also looking for some help regarding the LED rear light upgrade, as I am making a 2014 R line into a 2015 (facelift)

So if i change the bcm do i still need to cut wires or is it just plug and play?
First of all, you have to order 2 x 1K8972928 sockets and 6 x 000979025E repair wires (each has 2 pins on its ends, so cut them in half to get 12 pins with wires on them).

Then, cut old sockets and assemble/wire new sockets observing the following scheme:

OLD -> NEW
1 -> 3 (the wire that previously was connected to pin 1 of old connector should now be connected to pin 3 of the new connector)
2 -> 7
3 -> 8
4 -> 5
5 -> 4
6 -> 6

After that, you can install your new rear lights. They will generally work, but slightly wrong (brake lights will light up dimmed when you'll turn sidelights on).
You will have to reconfigure your BCM using Vag Can Pro (VCP).
I can provide you with further data when you came to that step.

You don't need to replace BCM if you're not installing facelift headlights. Rear lights can be easily configured using VCP.
Jimijokela
Options: Airlift Performance suspension, Work Emitz 10"x19", 10.5"x19", R-bodykit and exhaust, Mk7 flat bottom steering wheel, remap, carbon interior, fully working Facelift R bi-xenons.

Post by Jimijokela »

Why new bcm with facelift headlights? :shrug:
lostpoint

Post by lostpoint »

Jimijokela wrote:Why new bcm with facelift headlights? :shrug:
I tried many times to manually configure bcm's output settings using vcp, but never able to make sidelights have proper dimming (they were working in drl mode all the time), and I failed to disable front sidelights bulb check (had lamp alert on the cluster).

For facelift bcm, I have a mempatch with correct settings for flawless front light working. I did not tried to upload it to the original bcm (I fear to brick it as its completely different partnumber compared to pre-facelift one). Maybe its possible to upload proper mempatch to pre-facelift bcm, its unclear and require someone to try.

Rear lights can be configured using vcp - no check fails, all lights work proper.
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510
air-contition Climatronic with dual- zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable

Post by davidscirocco »

If bought a new bcm do you need to cut wires for the tail lights? Or is it plug and play?
lostpoint

Post by lostpoint »

davidscirocco wrote:If bought a new bcm do you need to cut wires for the tail lights? Or is it plug and play?
Bcm swap is not related in any way with rear lights wiring. You have to cut anyway -- the rear lights sockets and pins are completely different. Moreover, if you planning only rear conversion, without facelift headlights, you dont have to swap bcm, just reconfigure it with vcp.
Jimijokela

Post by Jimijokela »

lostpoint wrote:
Jimijokela wrote:Why new bcm with facelift headlights? :shrug:
I tried many times to manually configure bcm's output settings using vcp, but never able to make sidelights have proper dimming (they were working in drl mode all the time), and I failed to disable front sidelights bulb check (had lamp alert on the cluster).
Ahh, okay man. My sidelights doesnt dim also, but that's the way i want them :yes: Got rid of the bulb errors with vcds. Just need to figure out the led flashing. Ordered paird of regulators if they would work. Also would need to change the afs for turning xenons and autoleveling, but it seems to be quite a big job.
davidscirocco
sport pack
RCD 510

Post by davidscirocco »

lostpoint wrote:
davidscirocco wrote:If bought a new bcm do you need to cut wires for the tail lights? Or is it plug and play?
Bcm swap is not related in any way with rear lights wiring. You have to cut anyway -- the rear lights sockets and pins are completely different. Moreover, if you planning only rear conversion, without facelift headlights, you dont have to swap bcm, just reconfigure it with vcp.
Im planing to do the facelift headlights so yes im gonna need the bcm. So no matter what if im going to install the new tail lights im gonna need to cut the wires an do the configuration on vcp right?
Gazzagood

Post by Gazzagood »

sent you a pm :)
dettzz1988
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Indium Grey
Options: Scirocco R 280 BHP STOCK
Recaro Bucket seats
ALL EXTRAS.

Post by dettzz1988 »

Hey guys, any chance someone can tell me the part number for the 2015 scirocco R BCM that i need. ive done the front and back conversion but cant get the indicators on the front to go through the led on the bumper also on rear lights the brake light stays on/dim and brightens when i push the brake so i dont get the look im supposed to for the rear lights.

my car is a 2011 with white mfd

so much headache :(